PDA

View Full Version : Firmwire

master_shake_350
04-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Ok this may sound really stupid but anyway.

So yesterday on a local auction site I saw a guy selling some 360 games, so I asked him if he had Race Pro, Mind Over Mutant and Solider Of Fortune.

He called me this afternoon and asked me if I was still interested and asked me what Firmwire I had on my 360!

I replied "I don't know" then he said "You need 1.6" and that if I didn't have it I couldn't play the games I asked for and he also stated that he could add the Firmwire 1.6 foe AED250.

Does this mean the games he is selling are copies?

EDIT:
And if there is a Firmwire for 360 which one is the most recent? MODDING IS BAD!

Ok so now someone has enlightened me that the dude I spoke too is a bad man and is trying to sell copies, I am not going to buy them!

SOW Camoflauge
04-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Ok this may sound really stupid but anyway.

So yesterday on a local auction site I saw a guy selling some 360 games, so I asked him if he had Race Pro, Mind Over Mutant and Solider Of Fortune.

He called me this afternoon and asked me if I was still interested and asked me what Firmwire I had on my 360!

I replied "I don't know" then he said "You need 1.6" and that if I didn't have it I couldn't play the games I asked for and he also stated that he could add the Firmwire 1.6 foe AED250.

Does this mean the games he is selling are copies?
And if there is a Firmwire for 360 which one is the most recent?

IMO stay away from him. Don't buy anything he is selling you. If can't just put it in and play then it is not worth the money. 360's crap out way too many times, there is no need to help it crap out on you. But yeah they are copies/ bootlegs.

Pheonix_Assassin
04-21-2009, 05:37 PM
This sounds like they are "Xbox 360 Games" for a Modded console.

I also have to add that here at x360a Illegal discussions are not prohibited here.

master_shake_350
04-21-2009, 05:39 PM
IMO stay away from him. Don't buy anything he is selling you. If can't just put it in and play then it is not worth the money. 360's crap out way too many times, there is no need to help it crap out on you. But yeah they are copies/ bootlegs.

Ok thanks for this. I knew there was something fishy about him.

I knew something was wrong. And when I asked him if they were copies he said that they were Japanese.

I also have to add that here at x360a Illegal discussions are not prohibited here.

I know that num nuts, I was just wondering about the firmwire!

Slormer
04-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Firmware.*
Probably the reason you can't find out what it is.

Phate
04-21-2009, 06:14 PM

Come on Aunty Nigel... Someones had a little too much to drink... Time for bed...

master_shake_350
04-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Firmware.*
Probably the reason you can't find out what it is.

Thats kind of what I am asking?

PnutButrSkippy
04-21-2009, 07:23 PM
he's def asking in a round-a-bout way if you have a modded console. so yes, those games are copies. you have to change the firmware on the dvd drive to get it to play copies. not sure how to do this, but discussing it wouldnt be permitted anyway.

master_shake_350
04-21-2009, 07:35 PM
he's def asking in a round-a-bout way if you have a modded console. so yes, those games are copies. you have to change the firmware on the dvd drive to get it to play copies. not sure how to do this, but discussing it wouldnt be permitted anyway.

Thanks for the response. But I am not asking how to do it or discuss it.

I am not a 360 wizz and this thread is aimed at people who now about this stuff not to discuss it.

Jdm
04-21-2009, 11:38 PM

Exactly.;)

I will say this however. Logging onto Live and playing a bootleg game will get your console banned. Say you're lucky and you don't get banned, even the slightest mix up of the firmware will get you caught by MS.

That's why...be LEGIT.;)