PDA

View Full Version : My 360 broke, NOT RROD NOR ANY RED LIGHTS... And now i'm gameless...

Coldgears
04-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Well what happened was when I was sleeping yesterday the thunderstorm shorted the power. Well apparently it shorted my wireless receiver. So now I either go wired or pay 100$ to fix it. (my warranty ran out in November.)

My 360 had a good 2.5 year long run and I expected it to die with a RROD not the way I envisioned my first demise.

NOW here comes my issues for those of you that had RROD or have ever had this problem...

I've heard they give you a refurb console instead of your console back. Is this true? Because refurbs die QUICKLY. And my 360 had 2.5 freakin' years where else am I gonna get one so damn relieble? Refurbs die every month so I just want mine back. BTW I mean refurbs of RROD.

Second of all do you guys think I should Buy halo 2 for the pc? I want a nice replacement game and halo 2 seems fun and has great achievements. The only problem is, I can't return it. So for 30 dollars is it worth it???

colmotoole2
04-21-2009, 10:52 PM
For #2, Buy Fallout 3 or GTA 4 for the PC. They will keep you busy

kaleido42
04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
while going through the rrod process for myself they only seem to talk about replacing it or fixing it, they havent mentioned yet about anything to the effect of giving me a refurbished one but I guess I will have to wait a few more days to find out.

Jdm
04-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Most of the time, MS will send you back a refurbished console. Refurbished, as in someone's dead console they have fixed. They do this because it speeds up the repair process and this is why it is unlikely for you to receive your same, exact console back.

As for the refurbs not being reliable, most of the time they are. The repairs usually consist of a new heatsink being equipped to the GPU. MS will have at least two technicians sign off on the repairs. However it is still an Xbox 360 after all and we know anything can happen at any given time.

T0b3
04-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Fallout 3 for PC will only keep you busy for a few seconds thanks to "addachievement #" ; )

Halo 2 sucks, I hated that game and I was kinda reliefed as I reached the full 1000.

Maybe you should try Viva Pinata or Juiced 2..

Bolt
04-22-2009, 03:04 AM
Do you not have a surge protector?

Refurbs are fine I've had mine for two years

Jdm
04-22-2009, 03:23 AM
Do you not have a surge protector?

Refurbs are fine I've had mine for two years

Even with a surge protector, sometimes random power outages will still fry your console while it's on. Most of the time it'll affect the PSU (power brick) instead of the console itself. It is actually recommended by MS that you do NOT use any surge protector outlets because the PSU has it's own built-in surge protector. Personally, I run surge protectors for all my setups and have yet to experience any problems.

If your console does Red Ring on you after a power outage, always check the light on the PSU. If it's red, then just unplug the cords connected to the PSU and plug them back in. Most of the time, the PSU will save your console.

Asian47
04-22-2009, 04:02 AM
Even with a surge protector, sometimes random power outages will still fry your console while it's on. Most of the time it'll affect the PSU (power brick) instead of the console itself. It is actually recommended by MS that you do NOT use any surge protector outlets because the PSU has it's own built-in surge protector. Personally, I run surge protectors for all my setups and have yet to experience any problems.

If your console does Red Ring on you after a power outage, always check the light on the PSU. If it's red, then just unplug the cords connected to the PSU and plug them back in. Most of the time, the PSU will save your console.

Well aren't you the lucky one. :p

My first 360 I had plugged into a surge protector, not knowing any better, and it died 3 months after I got it. Moral of the story, don't plug your 360 into a surge protector.

EpicGinge
04-22-2009, 04:07 PM
For #2, Buy Fallout 3 or GTA 4 for the PC. They will keep you busy
Does GTA IV have achievements which you can get on the PC

vI-Youneek-Iv
04-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Fallout 3 for the PC will keep you busy til then.

Kamakazi Pear
04-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Get Fallout 3 for PC. I don't enjoy the game, but most people do, you seem to care about achieves... You could play properly, or just enter the cheats for the achieves then do whatever you want in the game and enjoy yourself.