PDA

View Full Version : Expert difficulty

x2o9xLegendx
04-21-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't how many have played on expert but it is insane. I have won once against Shogun, but all the other times he has tapped me out like a B*TCH!

Frunkis
04-22-2009, 01:06 AM
On expert liddel knocks me out like half the time. If you're fighting shogun you just have to defend against the takedown. If he does get me down I hold the right stick back until I stuff a transition attempt, then try my own minor attempt twice to kick off. If you ever go down you need to hit the left stick to stand up because he'll go into the rubber guard and possibly flip you into a mount. If he goes for the leg lock you can punch him in the face to stand back up.

Anyone know how to do the rubber guard?

surge1
04-22-2009, 03:24 AM
No idea, haven't spent that much time playing as Shogun. Just played him a bit to mess around with submissions, the flying knee, and thai clinch knees.

First off, getting submissions is hard as shit. You pretty much HAVE to play with the stamina meters on to see when Chuck is fully gassed on the ground (easy to see when they are gassed standing, but not so much on the ground) to successfully get a submission. I rocked him from mount and locked in an armbar when he was fully gassed and got a flying armbar from the thai clinch when he was gassed for my only 2 submissions so far.

Every time I've played as Chuck in expert you pretty much have to defend your hardest against the takedowns and then stand up ASAP whenever he gets you down. Once Shogun gets you mounted it's pretty difficult and will more than likely be over. I've lost quite a few times to Shogun hammerfisting me from mount, or putting me in armbar when I finally got gassed.

Quite fun :D

Big Ralph58
04-22-2009, 04:39 PM
I got the demo as well and I pulled off the triangle choke on my brother and cousin last night!

Thelorn
04-22-2009, 07:37 PM
To do rubberguard hold LB and with the right stick go up and rotate to the left/right depending your camera angle. Then in rubberguard if you hold LB and rotate the right stick again in the same direction that got you in rubberguard will take his back.