PDA

View Full Version : Single Hand Takedown Chip Series

Ebo
12-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Hi,
have someone a tipp for the Single Hand Takedown Chip Series?

I try to get three guys together but this is very difficultly and then you have to win the round.
Or only play long times and hope you have luck?

Greetings Ebo

Walcherina
02-16-2007, 10:44 PM
I'd say there is no real skill to it, just hope to get lucky.

Whyaken
04-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I too say get lucky.

Your best bet is to check if 2 players have only a few chips left, because they're more likely to go all-in.
So when there are 2 with low chip-count, try to join in, and get lucky to beat them ;)

Creech
04-15-2007, 05:38 PM
I have done a triple takedown six or seven times now. Just call every time the computer goes all in, especially if it is a no-limit game. If you play all of the tournaments you should have plenty of opportunity.

Spades12321
06-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Its all luck i was relieved when i got mine

n8ryder
08-15-2007, 06:03 AM
Triple Takedown die!---This achievement is ridiculous...or maybe I'm just unlucky. I purchased this game shortly after it came out (Fall '06) and I have been playing on and off for many hours thru the many tournaments, never to get 3 others to commit to an all-in hand, just 2 at the most. Iam on the very last tournament b4 the TOC (Caesars #4) and Iam not finishing it because Iam down to 3 others players left at the final table. I have dwindled their stacks down to $275K, $341K, and $271K. I have $25M, so they're pretty much on a short leash. Blinds are 30/60K. Sometimes one guy will go all-in so I fold to try again next hand. But most of the time, only 2 will go all-in. Then I must exit, re-load, and try it all over. I agree its harder to land a royal flush to get Poker Hands achy for the 1000GP, but this Triple Takedown seems achievable and is not for me. Is this the best setup and/or am I doing something wrong with this final table setup or am I just striking out on luck over and over?

Creech
08-15-2007, 03:12 PM
I would finish that tournament up. You are much more likely to get three to go all in when you have a full table. You can repeat tournaments, so don't feel like this is your last chance.

n8ryder
08-28-2007, 03:12 AM
Holy Shite! I did it! A ten high straight on the river.That was horrible. I took a long break from the frustratingness and the game and tried the dwindled down final table again and on about the third try, got it. Closure. Now for that poker hands achy...jk

RougeRogue
09-14-2007, 09:35 AM
While luck certainly plays a part in getting this achievement, if you're not taking an active hand in orchestrating your table, try to increase your odds of getting it this way:

Wittle down as many players as you can at your table to having very few chips (without "taking them down," one at a time, knocking them off the table completely), so that, with so few chips, several will be likely to go all-in, especially as the blinds are rising. If you knock out one of those you are trying to wittle down accidentally, re-load and keep trying to wittle them down. Once wittled-down far enough, you'll reach a point where 2, 3, even 4 will be going all-in . . . just keep re-loading at that point until you get the achievement.

The easiest way to "wittle them down," as I put it, is to get them to call-fold, via the strategy outlined in the guide (raising your opponent one-quarter, then one-half the opponent's remaining stack until he/she folds). Again, if your opponent goes all-in alone, simply re-load at that point, and try again.

By patiently using this strategy, getting this achievement is almost inevitable.

HamsterLV
08-26-2010, 01:47 PM
I had 3 ppl go all in like 3 times, but only when i have shit cards n I never win! Fuck you Ferguson! And that Phil Laark or whatever his name is, the fucker get wins on me all the time! If I have 2 pairs, he getts better 2 pairs, if I have a full house he gats a better one! That hooded anus! I hate this game!