PDA

View Full Version : Fake Boosters =_=

SetsunaFSeiei
04-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Has anyone ever had someone who added you asking to boost for a certain game, you agree and when its time to boost, they wanna screw you over and fight seriously?

I had that today, a random guy added me for WarTech: SenkoNoRonde and he told me to add his friend, i added his friend and explained how were gonna do things, he said sure and upon the match he had picked a totally different character which what i explained and at the start of the match he totally went and attacked me

I thought ... maybe i should sign out and forget this .. but it seemed like i could beat him .. so i stayed and fought seriously for once and i beat him ... afterwards i deleted him and his friend

=_=

vI-Youneek-Iv
04-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Yea, I found this guy that would let me get my final achievement in NHL 08 which was for beating some one in the Top 50 ranked leaderboards.

So we got in a match and when it came to 3rd period of the game while I was winning like 5-2 ( Some of the Top 5-'s just boosted) he quits and I don't get the achievement. He goes want to see a cool trick and just leaves.

Ah was I so pissed.

agentplatypus
04-22-2009, 12:59 AM
That happened to me when I tried to boost Turok. I eventually just gave up.

vI-Youneek-Iv
04-22-2009, 01:05 AM
They'll go alright buddy or say nice things and when you are about to start they either leave or don't do it.

FoX I tD
04-22-2009, 01:05 AM
I hate ppl like this

kaleido42
04-22-2009, 01:06 AM
not yet but I can imagine people doing that and it would be really annoying. generally though I only boost with people that I knew previously/know I can trust on not ditching.

Tenacious
04-22-2009, 01:09 AM
That's why I only boost with established site members :)

Bieest Unit
04-22-2009, 01:16 AM
Someone added me to boost Prey, but the party chat wasn't working for some reason. I sent him a message asking who should make the game and kept refreshing quick game, hoping to find his game. Eventually, I turned off my xbox, went back to my computer, browsed these forums a bit more, took 1 look at xbox.com and saw a message .. which was about 35 minutes late .. 'imade agame'.

Well, yay. Guess I need an actual friend or like Tenacious said; an established site member.

Revolver
04-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I've always been worried about people who promise to boost you after you help them out so I never agree to help anyone out.
It's not because I'm selfish, I just don't want to waste my time and then get screwed over.

I will only say this; I will only help people registered on this site for the fact that in case someone screws me in the end, they'll be easy to track down.
Nothing personal guys, it's all for my and your safety.:drunk

Chris764
04-22-2009, 01:30 AM
Yeah this happened to me on texas hold em before. I was boosting with this guy for the million dollar bankroll achievement at like 2 A.M. and "I was like are you sure you can stay up and do the same for me?" And he said "yeah man don't worry it's no problem." And when the time finally came for me to get the achievement he's like "oh it's really late here and I got football practice in the morning can we do this tomorrow?" I said ok and then the next day he's not on my friends list. So I just filed a complaint and bad feedback on him and got one my friends off of my friends list to help me get it.

IRONMAN
04-22-2009, 01:31 AM

You have the right idea there my friend. When all you got is your reputation on the site to hold, you can't screw anyone over without the word getting out. Anyone can make an account on here, so the ones who have been around tend on being trustworthy.

Revolver
04-22-2009, 01:40 AM
You have the right idea there my friend. When all you got is your reputation on the site to hold, you can't screw anyone over without the word getting out. Anyone can make an account on here, so the ones who have been around tend on being trustworthy.

Enough said :drunk

XLO
04-22-2009, 02:05 AM
exactly right!

Kunduz
04-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Has anyone ever had someone who added you asking to boost for a certain game, you agree and when its time to boost, they wanna screw you over and fight seriously?

I had that today, a random guy added me for WarTech: SenkoNoRonde and he told me to add his friend, i added his friend and explained how were gonna do things, he said sure and upon the match he had picked a totally different character which what i explained and at the start of the match he totally went and attacked me

I thought ... maybe i should sign out and forget this .. but it seemed like i could beat him .. so i stayed and fought seriously for once and i beat him ... afterwards i deleted him and his friend

=_= what a turd...

rocadepunk
04-22-2009, 02:08 AM
I've never been screwed over for boosting, but I only tend to boost, with (as mentioned above) established site members. If i did get screwed however, I'd be mighty angry, mighty angry indeed.

04-22-2009, 02:21 AM
I've had it happen a few times. I was playing a game with someone and lost a few games then when it was my turn to win he had to go and everytime, I tried to get him to play again it became one story or another on why he cant play.

Glowin Smurff
04-22-2009, 02:35 AM
I've had it happen a few times. I was playing a game with someone and lost a few games then when it was my turn to win he had to go and everytime, I tried to get him to play again it became one story or another on why he cant play.

i too generally go last, but if i think they're shady or only need like 3 more wins opposed to their needing 10, i try to go first, just so i don't have to worry about hitting that 10 and them 'having' to go, just to delete from friends, and hide offline....

spankyNspronkle
04-22-2009, 02:44 AM
i have been screwed over so many times now that i will only boost if i can go first at what we are trying to obtain. otherwise i tell them I am not interested...

04-22-2009, 02:44 AM
i too generally go last, but if i think they're shady or only need like 3 more wins opposed to their needing 10, i try to go first, just so i don't have to worry about hitting that 10 and them 'having' to go, just to delete from friends, and hide offline....

I've tried that a few times but on some games you need to get to a high rank or a ton of wins and then your S.O.L. :(

Pashos
04-22-2009, 02:46 AM

That's what I always try to do. That way I know they will stick around for the whole time.

DakidJose
04-22-2009, 03:28 AM
This hasn't happen to me yet. We did take a couple of days to get the 10vs10 achievement in FIFA09 because some people didn't show but we did need 20 people so I understood it was not going to be easy. It was a good thing many members have that game so we had replacements.

eskEMO
04-22-2009, 03:57 AM
It's not so much that they screw me like this, it's that they just don't show up for the time we decide on. :P It's really annoying, but oh well.

I did most of BFME2 with a guy from this site and then it came time for me to quit out 10 times for him on Versus mode, but he decided to go play Halo 3 instead. I've been trying to get him his last 10 cause I feel bad that we didn't finish for him, but it never happens. x_x

CienPR
04-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Fortunately this hasnt happened to me with a member from this site, but random people tend to do that sometime. They say they want to go first for w/e you plan to go for and once they are done they leave and later come up with some bs excuse.

It happened the first time we tried making a boosting party for the Mortar achievement in BF:MC2 a loooong time ago. Other than that is people that cant be online at the agreed time when they said they couldve been.

EnterTheFray
04-22-2009, 01:41 PM
happend to me a couple weekends ago , me and someone were boosting 500 wins on GH3 , we were boosting fine till someone on his friends logged on and joined the party saying he had like 450 wins , so he ditched me and boosted with that guy so he could glitch the 500 wins after the dude got his achivement.

Io Haze oI
04-22-2009, 02:01 PM
I remember this happening to me with a shadowrun boosting party organised through here once, everyone else got their godlike achievement, then when it came to my turn they all started running around shooting each other. I was so pissed off I just quit straight away.

When I have boosted recently I have always tried to have it so that we take it in turns.

TheLastAntidote
04-22-2009, 02:17 PM

Bingo... I'm exactly the same way. There's a certain reputation to uphold being a member.

Regarding Smurff and 299, why not take turns when you boost? If the achievement is for 10 wins, you win 1, they win 1, and so forth. That way if they bail when they get their 10, you atleast got 9 out of them. I'd never agree to you winning 10 and then I win 10.

SetsunaFSeiei
04-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Bingo... I'm exactly the same way. There's a certain reputation to uphold being a member.

Regarding Smurff and 299, why not take turns when you boost? If the achievement is for 10 wins, you win 1, they win 1, and so forth. That way if they bail when they get their 10, you atleast got 9 out of them. I'd never agree to you winning 10 and then I win 10.

Well its on dependable on what game, For instance the game i mentioned earlier WarTech: SenkoNoRonde, its best to have someone win until there at the highest rank, then have the other guy start winning but his progression will go faster since the other guy is at the higher rank n.n;

Glowin Smurff
04-22-2009, 05:06 PM
to anidote, i've done the turns based crap w/ gears1 and that just turns into a mess, people forget who's turn, or just try to F it up.

XxDarkMaster1xX
04-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Yeah I had one guy on my friends list(Removed now) and I asked him if he could help me out with Vampire Rain.He said ok and we started the game.He then proceeded to attack me and kill me for no apparent reason.I told him to knock it off and get on with the achivements and he said ok.Once again he killed me for no reason so I said screw and left.Stupid twat

Squirt Me Goo
04-22-2009, 05:37 PM
was playing someone in WWF Smack down and he asked if i would best the 50 in a row acheivement which i did for him and as soon as it was time to boost my way he disapeared!

Ryot Control
04-22-2009, 06:12 PM
When boosting with someone you don't know, usually it would be wise to go half and half, so no one gets it but everyone is closer. If he dosen't agree, then you probably don't want to boost with them anyway.

But if you stick around long enough, good boosters tend to know other good boosters. You just gotta build your network.

Pheonix_Assassin
04-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Boosting should be done with Trusted members =]

[Waggly Bean]
04-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Yeah this is why it's best to try to boost with the same group of people as much as possible.

I actually haven't ever had any boosting problems in this sense, but that's probably due to the fact that when I want to boost I go to the boosting group I'm a member of first to see who has the game I'm looking to work on... ;)

Yannie Boy
04-22-2009, 07:28 PM
I always get a bunch of no shows when it comes to older Arcade games. Golden Axe and Gauntlet to name a few.

BlamelessSoul
04-22-2009, 09:09 PM
this happens alot on 360's. there should be a topic on here with a list of good established boosters not just in the indvidual forums. I always stick around have helped several people on this site with shadowrun, gin rummy, and GEON and with geon ive had the 200 for a while and still come back to help people boost because its so hard to find people on that game

xxEquilibriumxx
04-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Whenever it's 1v1 trading I always search my friends list to see who doesn't have the game or achievement then send them a message if they would want to boost it. For group boosting I have the most problems. Not usually with people being dumb, but just not showing up. I do recall people not helping me boost awards in battlefield bad co, but when it comes to others asking me to help them with an award they get pissy when i say dude i wanted that last week and you didn't help so no i'll be over here helping this guy get saviors.

Th33Troop33r
04-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Only happened on F.E.A.R. with me the other guy wanted 100 kills with the certain weapons and i needed a few we took turns then the other guy gets a fit (out of randomness) and deletes me from his friends list lol

jamieCR7
04-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Couldn't agree more, this site has been amazing for help and advice on achievements.

Blue Radium
04-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Eventually, you will have a network of boosting partners. Get to know people. If you find a few legitimate boosters, you can usually get to know their friends from being in party chats or playing with large boosting groups. Become friends with the random boosters who you know are trustworthy, you'll be set in no time. Other than that, just use your instinct when playing with new people. The take turns method usually works out best, that way you both feel like you are gaining something from the process. If someone refuses to take turns when the achievement isn't streak related, that's a red flag right there, just stop playing with the person. Established members can just about always be trusted though, if a user has 500-750ish posts you should be able to feel safe around them. Still, watch out for suspicious behavior with every new booster.

INFERNOII
04-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Can't say i've ment anyone like this. I guess i'm just luck or I just know the right people :)

EvilestBean
04-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Luckily this hasnt happened to me before but probably cos i boost with only the same people in my social group.

TriRock
04-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Hasn't happened yet to me, but I imagine it would seriously piss me off. I already have enough of people who leave in the middle of a round / session.

In general, when you're playing with strangers, multiplaying sucks. :(

DanTheManGum
04-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Hasn't happened to me but I have had problems getting groups together. When boosting I use the allocated threads and post exact times I'm able to boost as I play at work the same times every day. My schedule doesn't change so it makes it easy for me to get there on time. But people in those threads always post but dont actually add anyone. They just wait for someone to get to them. I look over the thread to make sure no one is boosting at my time and then I respond to them and make my own post. Its gotten a lot easier though as I now have 5-7 stable partners.

04-23-2009, 02:08 AM
Well its on dependable on what game, For instance the game i mentioned earlier WarTech: SenkoNoRonde, its best to have someone win until there at the highest rank, then have the other guy start winning but his progression will go faster since the other guy is at the higher rank n.n;

That is what I'm talking about. If you go 1 for 1 your looking at many hours of boosting.

dakisbac
04-23-2009, 02:54 AM
I too try to only boost with established members, but that doesn't really stop me from being screwed over. It happened numerous times on Saints Row (which I'm now finally finished)

luuwat
04-23-2009, 05:29 AM
someone told me on smackdown vs raw 50 wins in a row achivement when that person got his he immediately hit and ran and wasted a few hours of that guys time! so other guy didnt get his

KFZ Scrubs
04-23-2009, 11:29 AM
sucks for you, every thing went smooth for me when i boosted wartech.
But people have done this before, assholes think it's funny to give your hopes up or something.

NTA RazmaGT
04-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Its not the people that dont show up that annoy me cos i can just come back here and find another. No, its the people that like to make boosting harder than it actually is and people who, when they have their achievement, dont care much to assist you in getting yours.