PDA

View Full Version : All Great People and Corresponding Technology.

E vee dub
04-22-2009, 01:01 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/420/s47.jpg Here's Looking at You, Kid 45 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg
Unlock all famous persons.

It seems a Great Person (GP) is more likely to show up after you have researched their corresponding technology.

Following the video in the guide (do it at least 3 times) you'll get most, if not all, of the GPs (but there's no limit to who shows because all Techs are already researched in the Beta Centauri scenario).

Try this approach when you're down to 2 or 3 GPs that you can't get to show.
Game type : New Game
Difficulty : Chieftain
Civilization : French (for culture), or anyone really
Research only the necessary technologies for the GP you're looking for. Once you have the technology, turn your science off for gold and up your culture. (Techs for Temples and Cathedrals won't hurt. If you get a GP you don't need, keep increasing culture until another GP shows.) (Pull RT to view amount of culture.)

These are in order as you scroll to the right to each image/silhouette.

Scientists (Top-Left Painting)
- Albert Einstein ----------Atomic Theory
- Enrico Fermi ------------ Nuclear Power
- Otto Lilienthal ---------- Flight
- Marie Curie ------------- Metallurgy
- Pythagoras ------------- Mathematics
- Alexander Graham Bell - Corporation
- Archimedes ------------- Engineering
- Guglielmo Marconi ------ Electronics
- Confucius --------------- Literacy
- Solomon ---------------- Code of Laws
- Thomas Edison --------- Electricity

Builders (Top-Middle Painting)
- Cheops ----------------- Masonry
- James Watt ------------ Steam Power
- Imhotep ---------------- Ceremonial Burial
- George Stephenson ---- Steel
- Gilgamesh -------------- Horseback Riding
- Nebuchadnezzar-------- Construction
- Leonardo da Vinci ------- Invention

Humanitarians (Top-Right Painting)
- Albert Schweitzer ------- Globalization
- Eli Whitney -------------- Mass Production
- Thomas Becket --------- Feudalism
- Florence Nightingale ----- Gunpowder
- Johannes Gutenberg ---- Printing Press
- Lao Tzu ----------------- Irrigation
- Frederick Douglas ------- Railroad

Artists/Thinkers (Bottom-Left Painting)
- Leopold Stokowski ------- Superconductor
- Aesop ------------------- Writing
- Sophocles --------------- Democracy
- Charles Babbage --------- Networking
- Aristotle ----------------- University
- Fyodor Dostoevsky ------- Industrialization
- Plato -------------------- University (yeah, same as Aristotle)
- Karl Marx ---------------- Communism
- Homer ------------------- Alphabet
- J.S. Bach ---------------- Religion

Explorers (Bottom-Middle Painting)
- Wilbur Wright ------------- Advanced Flight
- W.R. Hearst -------------- Mass Media
- Roald Amundsen ---------- Combustion
- Tippu Sultan -------------- Space Flight
- Henry Ford ---------------- Automobile
- Marco Polo ---------------- Currency
- Vasco da Gama ------------ Navigation
- Christopher Columbus ------- Banking
- Sargon -------------------- Bronze Working

Leaders (Bottom-Right Painting)
- Agamemnon ---------------- Iron Working
- David ---------------------- Monarchy

S.M. Civilization Revolution 1000/1000

KillTheft Gator
04-24-2009, 03:35 PM
It seems a Great Person (GP) is more likely to show up after you have researched their corresponding technology.

Not to be rude or nothing, but did this come from somewhere officially or is it from personal experience?

d00gler
04-26-2009, 04:41 PM
I have seen this on other websites, I believe it is legit.

KillTheft Gator
04-27-2009, 03:10 AM
I have seen this on other websites, I believe it is legit.

Alright thanks. I just had doubts because I tried just researching the tech that was related to the great person I needed and I ended up getting people from the 1800s-Present. Of course the tech that I needed was Bronze working so...

Factory7007
05-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanx man, ive just spent 30 hours trying to get the last 2 great people. I read this post did exactly what you said and got the achievement within 15 minutes, 1000 pointed at last, cheers again

zimzvm
05-10-2009, 07:26 PM
either way I got some of the GP without discovering corresponding technology before. for example in my last game I got Marie Curie (btw Maria Curie Skłodowska is the only Pole in the whole game, maybe that's why : P) in the second (medieval ?) era.

other than that it's an excellent writeup and I hope it will help me when I be down to like 2-3 GPs left. I hope I get them before finishing the game with all leaders, tho ; ]

YoshiMiyamoto
05-13-2009, 02:51 AM
I really don't think these make too much of a difference...it seems like I have either Marie Curie or James Watt show up in my first 15-20 turns almost every game. Thomas Edison has even shown up early several times.

David, Lao Tzu, and Confucius, however, almost constantly show up in the modern era.

and I won't get started on Archimedes...that jerk hasn't shown up for me yet

zimzvm
05-13-2009, 06:29 AM
the same here. I have Marie Curie as on of my first GP almost every single game and way before I discover metallurgy.
I think it's more like every GP has its own corresponding era or even its own corresponding nation where most likely he or she shows up.
to me it looks like a total random and I don't feel I have any influence on this. the game starts to drive me crazy. I have 4 people yet to discover and that is Plato, Homer, Agammemnon and George Stephenson.
I will play Beta Centauri over and over again as it seems to be the only remedy.

oh, what if some other nation gets a GP before me ?
is it possible to know that who has who ?

Zombie Ghandi
05-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Lists Ive seen elsewhere refer to plato being Pottery related.

Halfang
06-29-2009, 02:47 AM
Oh lol, This guide is wonderful. I was missing Aesop and the achievement popped out in less than 5 minutes!
Turn 1: set workers to science (you should be getting +2), press back, research a new technology (alphabet), and end turn.
Turn 2 and maybe 3: Skip turn until you finish research (this happened in turn 3).
Turn 3: technology (writing), Build building (library), set workers to balanced (2 production, 2 research). end turn.
Turn 4 (after skipping some automatically), great person appears.

The first time I tried it was Aesop (the one I was missing, and had writing as linked tech). Second time I did the test (same steps), Lao Tzu appears (irrigation ???)

I don't know wheter it was a matter of luck, but I should have to do some statistical tables (which I'm not going to do), but seems that it's purely luck based.

Also, great choice with the french, as they start with the bonus to culture from start.

ROBi816
07-25-2009, 07:22 PM
I've read nearly every thread on this particular achievement and I went to A360P.com also to get some tips or strategies. Each and every strategy helped quite a bit but I haven't been able to produce Sargon. I've spent around 20 hours for this one douchebag. This is my final achievement and I would like to be done. I think it's more random with corresponding tech then actually roadmapped with each tech.

JMills109
08-06-2009, 02:01 AM
What are you doing for Lao Tzu??? He and JS Bach are my last, I've tried a bunch of methods and they just never show up.....

Maelmord
08-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Plato is being a biatch to me... the last one for me, cant for the love of christ get him... chiftein, tons of culture, stealing all the culture GP's from the other civs... but nooo, 10 games+ and no Plato :<