PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Adapter: No Light = Broken?

G315T
04-22-2009, 12:49 PM
So I'm playing L4D the other night online. Everything's fine.

I go to turn my 360 on this morning, and it says I don't have a wireless adapter. I've reconnected it physically several times, as the Xboxlive site suggests. Still not working.

There is no light showing up at all on the adapter. (Hardware failure is allegedly indicated by Red or Blinking lights.) I have tried all 3 USB ports on two different 360's, and no lights of any kind.

Does Microsoft have a repair policy for these things? This is going to have been the third one of these that's broken on me in under two years. If I go buy a fourth one I will officially have spent more on adapters than I did on one console.

Any suggestions?

EpicGinge
04-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Bring it down to the shop where you got it from with your receipt and ask for a new one most stores will just give you a new one, where I am from that is.

ChrisDeston
04-22-2009, 04:44 PM
This is going to have been the third one of these that's broken on me in under two years. If I go buy a fourth one I will officially have spent more on adapters than I did on one console.

Any suggestions?

I'd give up, sounds more trouble than it's worth.
I'm still on my first, had since October but it's recently started cutting out and going red, then, a few mins later, back to green.
Not enough to make me go back to wired for the time being, but enough to d/c during matchmaking and piss me off during games.

As for your case, I'd take it back again, you shouldn't have bought new ones every time... They should've been replaced by the shop - No way you can be blamed, it's faulty merchandise and assuming you didn't take it apart and have a tinker (which I may've been tempted to do) it should be reimbursed or replaced no questions asked..

My suggestion - Take it back, see what's said. Demand refund or replacement, if replacement fails just get a refund and go back to the ethernet cable. Yeah it's an arse but with the time and money you've put into these I'm sure you can get one the colour of your carpet/wall, tack it down and make it look nice and tidy :)