PDA

View Full Version : Whats Up With The Nfl????

Cause
12-11-2006, 04:21 AM
How can 3 of the top teams in the nfl get blown out?????? Dallas cowgirls, Colts and patriots?????

Fonkey Monkey
12-11-2006, 04:24 AM
man thats colts-jags game was beautiful :woop:

Krazie
12-11-2006, 04:57 AM
But yet the #1 team in the league looked GREAT -- The San Diego Chargers!!

Here's to Drew Brees playing his former team in the Super Bowl! :drunk

DaKing240
12-11-2006, 05:00 AM
Because....

We're the Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins number oneee...

KrustyBunker
12-11-2006, 02:26 PM
I know what you mean. Three weeks ago the top three teams in the league without much debate were the Colts, Bears, and Patriots. Now the Colts have shown how bad they are defensively, the Bears don't have a QB, and the Pats get shut out by the Dolphins. Are the Chargers the best team in football right now?

IMportdreams95
12-11-2006, 03:06 PM
im still not sure why the colts do this every year. Their defense isnt as bad as everyone thinks,. they just arnt playing good. Last year they were one of the best defenses around. Dont get me wrong the jags are a good team, but im not sure they should have been able to blow them out like that

RadicalSniper99
12-11-2006, 03:37 PM
If the Colts defense isn't as bad as people think, then maybe they wouldn't give up over 300 yards on the ground.

The best team is obviously the Chargers right now, even though for part of the game they were only edging the Broncos.

In a couple of years though, the Titans are going to be amazing. Vince Young is reminding everyone of his ability.

Buttcheeks
12-11-2006, 05:08 PM
In a couple of years though, the Titans are going to be amazing. Vince Young is reminding everyone of his ability.

Just remember no one wins with a scrambling quarterback. Look at Michael Vick yeah they got into the playoff's but they will never win the big one with him at the helm unless he becomes more of a pocket passer and less of a runner. Same thing applies to Vince Young he's trying to do too much with his legs and it will cost him and his team in the long run.

Just my opinion.

Lykos
12-11-2006, 08:29 PM
im still not sure why the colts do this every year. Their defense isnt as bad as everyone thinks,. they just arnt playing good. Last year they were one of the best defenses around. Dont get me wrong the jags are a good team, but im not sure they should have been able to blow them out like that

If they're not as bad as everyone thinks, it's because they're worse. They simply cannot stop the run. If Manning was a lesser quarterback, the Colts would be a 8-8 team every year. He isn't but defense wins championships, and thus, the Colts do not.

And why did my fantasy team wait until after I was eliminated to start dominating? 116 points with two players left? That's just ridiculous.

IMportdreams95
12-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Thats fine you guys can bash the colts all you want. Obviously you know shit about football. Look at their defense last year they were one of the best around. Yeah they did shity in sundays game but Fred Taylor is a great back. Now dont get me wrong they are playing like shit these past couple of weeks.

If you don't know whats going on with the colts then shut your mouth or at least do your research. We have been without alot of our defensive starters due to injury. So you tell me with 6 out of 11 starters sidelined and 1 more injuryed playing, You personally should be able to beat our D. With only 5 starters they are doing damn good. So tell me it wouldnt be different if they were healthy. and also go ahead and tell me they werent one of the best defense last year.

Dwight Freeny ( Yes he plays, but also has a torn muscle in his ASS )
Cory Simon ( out for season ) He was our run defense
Bob Sanders ( out with knee ) He is one of the best Defensive Backs in the league.
Montae Reagor ( Car Wreck - Out for season )
Robert Mathis ( out with knee )
Mike Doss ( out with knee )
Antonie Bethea ( out with soulder )

Maka
12-11-2006, 09:37 PM
The Colts are my Favourite Team, and hopefully they can do beter than lossing 2 of their last Three. The only problem I see with their defense is against the Running game..

IMportdreams95
12-11-2006, 10:48 PM
The Colts are my Favourite Team, and hopefully they can do beter than lossing 2 of their last Three. The only problem I see with their defense is against the Running game..

Yeah thats all the problem we have man. Our best run defenseman is out for the season didnt play one game. We got him from Philly 2 years ago, and is a hell of a run stopper! Im happy with the season regardless, i mean look at how many players are hurt and not playing. Not only Defense, Offense is hurting to. With Brandon Stokley and Dallas Clark out it hurts.

messym
12-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Import don't you think you're defense really benefited from other teams being more prone to making mistakes last year because there was that sense of urgency to keep up w/ you guys in terms of scoring lots of points?

Fonkey Monkey
12-11-2006, 11:22 PM
the colts are being inconsistent right now, and man i know what a bitch that is. i mean seriuosly if the jags wouldve beat the texans 2 times, then the redskins look where theyd be.....

IMportdreams95
12-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Import don't you think you're defense really benefited from other teams being more prone to making mistakes last year because there was that sense of urgency to keep up w/ you guys in terms of scoring lots of points?

No i think that has nothing to do with it, and if it does more fool them. Thats their fault for not playing the game the way it was meant to be played. I'M not saying the colts are the best in the world, but last year their defense was healthy and unstoppable. This year I'm not saying we are playing like shit only because we have 6 starters out, but the average football fan don't know every player and who's hurt, who's playing.

@ Fonkey , yeah they are playing like shit. Im not exactly sure what is going on. Alot of people around here are blamming the coaching staff. If so.. Not good for Tony Dungy :mad:

graf1k
12-12-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm not going to shit on the Colts, but I will say that injuries are inherent in the sport. The Colts aren't the only team missing starters.

IMportdreams95
12-12-2006, 04:51 AM
I'm not going to shit on the Colts, but I will say that injuries are inherent in the sport. The Colts aren't the only team missing starters.

They are the only team missing 6 starters, and having to use 3rd string thats for damn sure. But like i said im not going to make excuses. I just hate people talking shit about a team when all they say is what they heard John Madden say. Do research before you bash someone/something.

Fonkey Monkey
12-12-2006, 04:57 AM
thats what baffles me about nfl announcers. one week they are the greatest team of all time and going to the superbowl and winning it FO SHO, then the next week, after only losing 1 game, all of a sudden they'll be lucky to make the playoffs. i mean what the hell make up your damn minds:rolleyes:

Krazie
12-12-2006, 05:05 AM
They are the only team missing 6 starters, and having to use 3rd string thats for damn sure. But like i said im not going to make excuses. I just hate people talking shit about a team when all they say is what they heard John Madden say. Do research before you bash someone/something.

The colts have dropped 3 of the last 4 and just gave up the 2nd most rushing yards in a game EVER, that's trouble when its only a few weeks before the playoffs..

RadicalSniper99
12-12-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't care how many injuries a team has going into a game. Over 300 yards rushing is sad no matter who you put in. Plus over half of the rushing yards came from a rookie running back. When a team allows an opponent to run for more than 10 yards a fwe plays in a row, this isn't an injury problem. This is an issue in how they are actually playing. The Colts have to make tackles.

Plus that doesn't explain their offensive dud this week. With as good of an offense they have, they need to put more points on the board. Look at the Chargers right now. The balance they have right now is helping them dominate teams week in week out.

I could be wrong, but that's just what I've been noticing.

IMportdreams95
12-12-2006, 04:14 PM
I don't care how many injuries a team has going into a game. Over 300 yards rushing is sad no matter who you put in. Plus over half of the rushing yards came from a rookie running back. When a team allows an opponent to run for more than 10 yards a few plays in a row, this isn't an injury problem. This is an issue in how they are actually playing. The Colts have to make tackles.

Plus that doesn't explain their offensive dud this week. With as good of an offense they have, they need to put more points on the board. Look at the Chargers right now. The balance they have right now is helping them dominate teams week in week out.

I could be wrong, but that's just what I've been noticing.

I agree, but anyone can win any given Sunday. When you have rookies starting, and 3rd stringers it hurts. Regardless they need to step up. Most of seems to be the coaching staff. Granted they aren't out on the field playing, but it does make a difference.

Tron
12-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Who dey! we go the colts on Monday night...should be a great game...

IMportdreams95
12-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Who dey! we go the colts on Monday night...should be a great game...

i hope so man. I don't mind if they win or lose as long as they play good. But when they play like shit (last couple games) it scares me.

messym
12-13-2006, 03:08 AM
In all honesty, I've watched Maurice Jones-Drew has been light up teams most of the season. Anyhow, you can't say losing players is what prevents you from getting to next level. The Pats did it in 03-04. The colts need everyone to step not just Freeney and Mathis.