PDA

View Full Version : Extorting Business/Compounds

anthonyd46
04-23-2009, 03:51 AM
Im a little confused on this i just finished the florida part and went back to nyc. I saw the tony compound was open and it said that i couldnt enter because they still owned businesses. They have been taking over a few of my businesses even though i have 10+ guards on them. To enter the compound do i have to keep retaking them over and hope that i hit a split second where i have them and all? Or do i only need to take down like certain ones. Let me know thanks.

dethklok
04-23-2009, 04:03 AM
If you have a full family tree and lots of cash up grade all your soldiers, capos and underboss. Then when they attack your shops/rackets send 1 or 2 of your crew members to defend it. I have done this and have had great success using this method. In the mean time stand close to the compound you want to bomb. Once your men defend/attack it successfully enter the compound. I highly recommend that you do this so as soon as you overtake the shop/racket you can enter the compound. Also if money is not an issue I also suggest that you put 15+ gaurds there. The more guards the higher of a chance the shop/racket will stay yours. If there is anything else you need help with feel free to ask

anthonyd46
04-23-2009, 04:07 AM
so your basically saying dont bother with the compounds till you have the money and family size to do it?

dethklok
04-23-2009, 04:13 AM
so your basically saying dont bother with the compounds till you have the money and family size to do it? i never said dont bother unless you have the money or the full family tree. I said IF you have a full family tree. Don't misconstrue what I was trying to say. You can use this method even if you don't have the muscle or money. Use the same stratigy. If they have a shop/racket you need to take over send your strongest members to attempt a take over. Like i said in my other post, stand near the gates to their compound. If you are successful walk away a few seconds and back to the compound and the gates will be open.

OR

retake the shop/racket yourself and once you take it back put a shit load of guards. This will buy you some time to go to their compound because they will need to kill a shit load of your guards. And with a higher number of guards there this will take them time to kill all your guards. While they are trying to take it back it is still in your possession. Thus buying you time

anthonyd46
04-23-2009, 04:20 AM
i never said dont bother unless you have the money or the full family tree. I said IF you have a full family tree. Don't misconstrue what I was trying to say. You can use this method even if you don't have the muscle or money. Use the same stratigy. If they have a shop/racket you need to take over send your strongest members to attempt a take over. Like i said in my other post, stand near the gates to their compound. If you are successful walk away a few seconds and back to the compound and the gates will be open.

OR

retake the shop/racket yourself and once you take it back put a shit load of guards. This will buy you some time to go to their compound

sorry i wasnt trying to miscontrute anything im just so confused i see this game is supposed to take 10 hrs so i figured im doing something wrong right now i have uh..

4 soliders and one capo my guy is fully upgraded, took down the carmine compound and did florida part 1 . My current objective is to meet with rosa in ny and i have 131k

so should i just like upgrade my guys and try your method or keep going in the story?

dethklok
04-23-2009, 04:24 AM
sorry i wasnt trying to miscontrute anything im just so confused i see this game is supposed to take 10 hrs so i figured im doing something wrong right now i have uh..

4 soliders and one capo my guy is fully upgraded, took down the carmine compound and did florida part 1 . My current objective is to meet with rosa in ny and i have 131k

so should i just like upgrade my guys and try your method or keep going in the story?

What you can also do, you'll see people on the streets with a icon over their heads which looks like a bundle of cash. You'll get cash for completing their favors. I gotten like 20-30 different favors at once from those people and worked my way around NY in a clockwise fashion. When I did this I have like 20K. After doing this I was in the ball park of about 500K or 600K. The more money you have the more guards you can put in one location. I suggest you do that. This way if they try to retake the shop/racket you'll be good for defending. Also if it comes down to it, send one of your capos to defend it. I would suggest you play the storyline a bit so you can get more crew members. Which will equal a greater change for defending/attacking

One more thing. Its also about strategy on how you do this. I would take the weaker shops/rackets 1st. Then wait to take the strongest one (the one with the most guards). It will take then a while to regroup and try to take it back. Which in turn, will give you time to make your way to their compound and make your way in and cause a ruckus

anthonyd46
04-23-2009, 04:43 AM
hmm ok ill give all that a shot thanks one last question then im good for now.

Where is the tire iron its the only execution i have left

dethklok
04-23-2009, 04:58 AM
hmm ok ill give all that a shot thanks one last question then im good for now.

Where is the tire iron its the only execution i have left the tire iron can be found in various locations, as well as the other weapons. I found that the tire iron can be found in some construction sites as well as some gas station locations. Other than that I have not found the tire iron in any other location. As for the so called "melee locations mini guide" I think that list is fubar. every person's game will spawn those weaopns in different locations. There is no set place where you can find those weapons. Sometimes its just by shear luck that you find them. The last one I needed was the bat and I kept finding 2X4s and golf clubs in the locations on that list that said where suppod to have a bat. For me at least, 90% of the time i was able to pick up a tire iron in a contruction site or in/near a gas station. I even found a tire iron near the drive-in movie theater

BulletMagnet Uk
04-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Another method to stop your businesses and rackets being taken over is to do the assasination missions on the rival family's soldiers, capos and underboss/s. Doing this will stop all attacks aswell as making those businesses that you dont already own easier to take over as the family cannot send defenders.

As for the tire iron: there is a spot in Florida that spawns pretty much every melee weapon in the one place. This is at the end of the dock where you meet Roth (I dont think your quite at that point in the game yet). It is on the south side of one of the islands, you can see it quite easily and clearly on the map.

PuRe I CH40S
04-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Im a little confused on this i just finished the florida part and went back to nyc. I saw the tony compound was open and it said that i couldnt enter because they still owned businesses. They have been taking over a few of my businesses even though i have 10+ guards on them. To enter the compound do i have to keep retaking them over and hope that i hit a split second where i have them and all? Or do i only need to take down like certain ones. Let me know thanks.

Just make sure you have them all and then you should be able to get in there. Send your men to og and and defend them so they dont keep taking them.

anthonyd46
04-25-2009, 06:15 AM
i wound up just maxing guards wherever i took over and never had a problem from there got the 1k thanks