PDA

View Full Version : MLB 2k9 Gamestop Tournament.

Gohan Reborn
04-23-2009, 05:48 PM
There is a tournament for Gamestop taking place Saturday, April 25th at 2pm EST for MLB 2k9.

These are the rules and prizes.

What time is the tournament?
The tournament is scheduled to start at 2pm on April 25th, but please call the store first to confirm. To find the location nearest you that is having a tournament please click on the link titled “Tournament Store Locations”

How can I play in the tournament?
Contestants must sign in for the tournament on the Sign Up Sheet (The sign up sheet is located at the store). To find the location nearest you that is having a tournament please click on the store list. The tournament is capped at 32 contestants per location. If a store already has 32 contestants signed up, you may sign up as an alternate in the eventuality a contestant fails to show or a contestant does not meet the Tournament’s eligibility requirements. Or you can visit another location that is hosting a tournament.

You must be 13 or older at time of entry to participate in this tournament because it is a Teen rated game. (Parent/guardian consent may not be used for players under the age of 13 years of age).

If you win your round one tournament and advance to round two of the tournament you will need an Xbox live Gold subscription, MLB 2k9(Xbox 360) and an Xbox 360 system.

If I win round 1, how can I get information about the round two tournament?
Store winners will receive a Winner Certificate invitation. Follow instructions on the winner certificate to advance to Round 2. The Round 2 of the tournament will be played online via Xbox Live. The format for Round 2 is ladder play where you will compete against other store tournament winners throughout the country. The Round 2 tournament structure will be a 5 inning baseball game. Contestants will have a 30 day window to compete online for a chance to advance to Round 3.

What time is the round two tournament?
Ladder Play for round two starts on 5/08/09 and ends on 6/08/09. Ladder Play is restricted for players who won round one.

How many players advance from the ladder tournament to Round 3?
The top 64 players from the ladder will advance to Round 3. The Round 3 of the tournament will be played online via Xbox Live. The Round 3 tournament structure will be a bracket style 9 inning baseball game. Contestants will have a 16 day window to compete online for a chance to advance to the finals.

What time is the round three tournament?
Round three starts on 6/10/09 and ends on 6/25/09.

What is the prizing for each tournament round?
Round One Tournament Winners – MLB Front Office Manager – Xbox 360, the runner up receives an MLB Lanyard
Round Two Tournament Winners(Top 64 players in the ladder) – Fathead Gift Certificate ($100)
Round Three Tournament Winners(Top 8 players in Round 3) – Qualify for trip to Finals in St. Louis. Compete in a single elimination tournament during All-Star Weekend. All contestants will get tickets to the All-Star game and a 2 day/3 night trip.
Finals – 1st place – Sports memorabilia package

* Eight (8) will qualify to attend the finals in St. Louis, MO.

What is a winner certificate and what happens if I did not get one?
A winner certificate indicates that you won the tournament and can advance to the next round. The winner certificate will only be awarded at the first round tournament. If you did not receive a winner certificate after winning please contact the store that you played at.

Below are the tournament game play rules for the first round of the tournament.

Contestants must use the controllers that are provided by the store.
No memory cards or third party memory devices can be used by contestants.
Contestants must select MLB Players from the default rosters.
Both contestants may select the same MLB Player when competing in the matches.
Contestants must sign in for the tournament on the Official Tournament Sign Up Sheet.
Tournament must be organized into a bracket-style single elimination format. (The tournament is capped at 32 contestants per location)
Contestants will be paired off randomly for the opening match. If there are an odd number of contestants in the opening match, the store employee will determine the contestant who will receive the opening match bye.
Contestants must use the “Swing Stick” batting controls.
The winner of each match will be determined by high score (number of Home Runs) and will move on to the next match.
Play will continue until the last two contestants remaining compete.
The contestant who wins in the final match wins the tournament.
GameStop employees have the final ruling regarding any mediation of the tournament.
GAME SETTINGS

From the Main Menu, select “Game Modes.”
Select “Home Run Derby.”
Choose the following settings: Mode: Classic
Difficulty: Pro
Players: 2
Outs: 10
On the setup screen select the 2009 All Star Stadium (it is the default stadium) then press “START” to advance and select players. Do not change the default Weather and Wind settings.
Both contestants should select their MLB player independently and then press “START” to assign the MLB players to the respective contestant’s controllers.
In the event of a tie, the tied contestants will have a rematch to determine the winner. (The game settings will be the same. In case of a further tie, the winner will be determined based on the Contestant that achieved the longest distance for a single home run. In case of a further tie, the winner will be determined based on the Contestant that achieved the most consecutive home runs.
Doesn't seem too bad. I went to my local Gamestop to purchase Assassin's creed, saw the signup sheet...Only one other player had signed up, and from hearing the employees talk, he was just joining for the sake of it. They also said that the 2nd place prize was a 3 month subscription to XBL. I'll be practicing just a bit, to have an upper hand (Unlike the CoD:WaW tourney I went into blindly and lost by 3 kills in fucking CAMPAIGN MODE >_<).

Anyone else joining? Tips?