PDA

View Full Version : Demo

Mattyboi93
04-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Played the demo of this game and i thought it was ok. Just wondering if the demo is reprasentative of how the rest of the game is and how achiveable are the achivements?

BTW i loved lost odyssey

Sami Yoshiiiii
04-23-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm only at chapter 2, but i must say that this game is one of the most beautiful RPG i ever played. And the music is so awesome.. and some characters are so epic. But this you can tell just with demo =3

jukkakhan
04-24-2009, 05:11 AM
Played the demo of this game and i thought it was ok. Just wondering if the demo is reprasentative of how the rest of the game is and how achiveable are the achivements?

BTW i loved lost odyssey

I'm on my second playthough and I'd say the demo gives you a pretty good idea of the whole game. Your Party Level will change through the game which will change up the combat ever so slightly.

The achievements are all rather easy if you're willing to put in the time for two playthroughs. I clocked in 20-25 hours my first playthough. The second playthough the enemies health and attack/defense are boosted so it won't be quite as easy, but if you followed the story the first time around, you can shave off tons of time skipping all the cutscenes (which there are a lot of).

Astian
04-26-2009, 11:20 AM
I actually recently got back into playing this game. Still on my first playthrough and for some reason, I just decided to put the game down at Baroque. But I've picked it back up and noted that the game is heavily similar in terms of music and location design to that of Baten Kaitos, if you've ever played that game? The environments are incredibly rich with detail, and are absolutely beautiful! :)

The storyline isn't as in depth as I probably would like it to be, but it's certainly enough to keep a player entertained. As for Achievements, as someone already said, they aren't that difficult to obtain, if you are fine playing through twice and make sure you look around everywhere.

Mattyboi93
04-26-2009, 05:47 PM
cheers for the feed back guys. after just completeing lost odyssey in about 80 hours or less i don't think i'll be going for another game that involves long amounts of time just yet, but may seriously think about getting this game in the long term

Astian
04-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Oh, this game is a lot shorter than Lost Odyssey and doesn't require as much time (Unless you want all 1000/1000).

Mattyboi93
05-05-2009, 04:38 PM
So would you say this is definitely a good game for me to get?

Phil the Bear
05-05-2009, 04:44 PM
So would you say this is definitely a good game for me to get?

If you are a completionist - NO.

If you want a really enjoyable J-RPG - YES.

Simple reason is that it takes 20-25 hours to play through once. This will be really enjoyable and will fly past. But the max points you can get is 340 I believe on the first playthrough(check my GS if you want to know for a fact - because I never started my second playthrough).

If you want the 1K - expect to spend 40 hours I guess - and to complete the game twice.

Great J-RPG though.

Mattyboi93
05-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Cheers i probably won't bother getting this. I do rather like getting the full 1000G or close to it.

whytebler000
05-07-2009, 09:35 PM
compared to the other jrpgs available now this game is a breeze to 1000. even easier if you use a guide.

make sure you unlock PARTY level 6 on your first playthrough because you'll want to play at level 5 throughout the encore mode (unless you can use level 6 effectively, I couldn't). the "difficult" part of encore is when you have 2 particular characters in the forest early in the game. you will have to grind a bit as they have low health and atk early on.