PDA

View Full Version : game nights by vote.

DM HavoX
04-23-2009, 08:11 PM
First and foremost I want to say that everyone that works on this site are freakin awesome! From one gamer to others, thanks for all the time and effort you all put in.

Here are my two cents. It would be cool to have a weekly pole that listed a bunch of games with multi player achievements in them. Everyone could vote and each week the top 10 (or how many seemed like a good number of games) would be the posted on the main page as the next weeks featured multi player boosting runs. Click on the name of the featured game and it could take you to a forum under the achievement boosting thread.

I understand you can go in the forums and post on the boosting threads to find help and have personally found lots of help this way. I just thought it would be a neat way to promote some community interaction and get attention drawn to games that people really needed help in. Maybe just take the top 5 most popular games and rotate in and out the rest.

Purge
04-23-2009, 08:24 PM
This idea has been mentioned previously in the past. Try the search bar.

If I could say anything I'd like the idea to implemented. Mabye even a small 150x150 square with a game of some sort. Even the game cover would be good. This would probably make it easier for getting multiplayer achievements on old games that no-one plays anymore.

Ingles
04-24-2009, 02:59 AM
I actually mentioned this idea a whie back. I would really like something like that to be implemented but it would be hard to try and get all the games that all gamers wanted/needed achievements for.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=130825 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=130825)

kaleido42
04-24-2009, 05:27 AM
I agree also with this, but I think it would be best kept to 1 game a week and restricted to ones with empty servers, in other words halo 3 would not need to be added to the list.

DM HavoX
04-24-2009, 06:21 PM
I have tried multiple times to search but i just get a blank page or page error. I will be honest and say that it is almost certainly user error on my part. So my apologies for my poor research to all and especially to Ingles55. I am all in for pimping your idea, you had it way before me. I don't want any credit or crap like that, i would just love to see it happen.

I know that everyone who works on the site already has their hands full and I really don't want to be the source of more headaches for programing. I just know there are a lot of statistic compiling programs out there on other xbox type sites (not sure if its cool to say what sites so I won't). I just thought if a program could examine the amount of users who have played a game vs. what achievements are hard to get, then filter out multi player achievements. Add another filter to get rid of ach's that can't be obtained anymore. Info obtained on whats really needed. Combine that with info from a pole. A bit of math and bang, whats needed and whats wanted both get factored in.

p D O M q's post on just the game picture would be enough. Nothing big and nothing fancy. Just straight to the point, one glance to see what we could dig out of the vaults and finish out the 1000 (or more) points on.

I just have been thinking for people getting into Achievements later on in the line don't have the advantage of getting on games at the pinnacle of their popularity. Everyone has some game with a stupid multi player achievement they can't get because no on is on-line. I know its a dead horse but I am still hoping someone can put a bit of thought into it and find a simple and effective way to make it happen.

KidDivinegon
04-24-2009, 09:54 PM
I would love to see something like this happen. I'm about a year into owning an Xbox and I've been picking up a lot of older games that have online achievements that I can't get because noone ever goes online on those servers anymore. I know that there are booster forums and all but for someone like me who isn't on the forums all the time I think it would be beneficial.

Ingles
04-25-2009, 03:21 AM
First... Don't worry about taking the idea or anything. No need to apologize D M HavoX. Heck... it's been mentioned before I even posted so it's just about everyone's idea at this point. :) Everyone I've read who has posted has just added their spin or take on it which I think is great! For something mentioned so much, it's a shame it would not be implemented on a wider scale but one idea is...

...to just start a User Group and title it something wacky... I choose "Blast from The Past" because I had just seen the movie the day before I thought it would be cool to have such a thing implemented with this site. :p It could be called whatever, something obvious and to the point. You could create threads in the User Groups and get things organized that way. People who are interested could join and jump in, take polls to see what game people would be interested in doing next, etc...

Let me sit down and think about it... If no one else wants to start the User Group, I will and will even advertise it to everyone in the Subscribers thread as well for those who may be interested in there. If someone wants to get something like that started, please by all means do. I'll help out as much as possible, just let me know. The more input, the better, always!