PDA

View Full Version : Some Quick Questions?

KRIS DETH
04-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Firstly :) search isn't working so i'm sorry if these have already been answered.

I just picked up this game for a steal of a price ;D

And i was wondering if i'm gonna have a bitch of a time coming to terms with the story because i havent played F.E.A.R.

Secondly, do many people play this online anymore? :)

Thanks.

x Dante x
04-23-2009, 10:11 PM
For your first question, not really you haven't missed much you will probably pick up on it quickly.

Second question, there is enough people playing it to play the game if you know what I mean if you search you will probably find around ten games each with an average of 8-10 players on weekends.

KRIS DETH
04-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Awsome :)
Thanks alot

supadryz
04-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Im thinking about getting this game but how does the online compere to the likes of COD, Halo, GoW etc.

Also are the online Achievements very hard & time consuming ie. Five Star General.

yosambo
04-26-2009, 03:33 AM
If you like playing with other people this game isn't for you. While I personally think that the multiplayer isn't bad and reminds me quite a bit of counter strike in a nostalgic way, this games online community has died drastically. The new maps are free and some of the most unique maps I've ever played, but they still weren't enough to revitalize it. The single player is very easy on the hard mode, compared to FEAR1, but some of the multiplayer achievements are ridiculous. For example, "Be the only player on your team to capture a phlag and win the match". That's almost impossible unless you boost. The ranking achievements take forever. For the final achievement you have to net a total of 1,000,000 experience. And you don't gain much XP per match. I've read it could take up to 250 hours of play time not boosting to get. I've gotten 810/1000 in this game. If the online community picks back up, I'll forsake all other shooters for this one, but it's really hard to get a decent match. There's also no matchmaking, so if you are hosting, it could take a while to get players in the match. Most people don't have the patience to sit around and wait anyway, so you'll see a lot of room jumpers. This is a great single player game, but multiplayer fell flat on its face. If you liked the story and want to see the story get much better, I highly recommend this, if bought for 30$ or less. But for multiplayer, it's not that promising. Hope this rant helps.

supadryz
04-26-2009, 12:04 PM
If you like playing with other people this game isn't for you. While I personally think that the multiplayer isn't bad and reminds me quite a bit of counter strike in a nostalgic way, this games online community has died drastically. The new maps are free and some of the most unique maps I've ever played, but they still weren't enough to revitalize it. The single player is very easy on the hard mode, compared to FEAR1, but some of the multiplayer achievements are ridiculous. For example, "Be the only player on your team to capture a phlag and win the match". That's almost impossible unless you boost. The ranking achievements take forever. For the final achievement you have to net a total of 1,000,000 experience. And you don't gain much XP per match. I've read it could take up to 250 hours of play time not boosting to get. I've gotten 810/1000 in this game. If the online community picks back up, I'll forsake all other shooters for this one, but it's really hard to get a decent match. There's also no matchmaking, so if you are hosting, it could take a while to get players in the match. Most people don't have the patience to sit around and wait anyway, so you'll see a lot of room jumpers. This is a great single player game, but multiplayer fell flat on its face. If you liked the story and want to see the story get much better, I highly recommend this, if bought for 30$ or less. But for multiplayer, it's not that promising. Hope this rant helps.

Nope your rant has been very useful & from reading your advice I think i will be giving it a miss. due to the lack of multiplay action & the impossible online Achievements which is a shame becasue i did enjoy the Demo.