PDA

View Full Version : help with weapon single weapon achievement

srmroz
04-24-2009, 02:50 AM
I'm stuck at 950 on this game and I can't figure out why the hell the weapon achievement will not unlock!? I have beaten each mission 4 times so far (3x on medium, 1x hard). During the hard run, I beat every mission using only the stonerender (except for mission 4, I used the twin falcons and mission 8 I used the stonerender/ninja sword).

After getting 950 pts, I started up mission 5, died 10 times and unlocked easy. I went back to mission 8 on easy and beat Kanbe using the ninja sword ONLY aaaaaaaand...no achievement!

Now, I moved last Monday and have been playing offline since 4/16. I just got my internet back today and have yet to pop the game back in (too pissed).

1. Is the achievement not unlocking because the updated has been cleared and the glitch affects the weapon run too?

2. Is the achievement not unlocking because I beat every mission with 1 weapon on hard (with the exception of 8) and then went back to 8 on easy?

3. Is this achievement just glitched and if so, how do I get around it?

Also, how does the game track your completions of missions with the single sword? Some missions I have played more than 4x, sometimes using the stonerender only and sometimes mixing it up. Does the game register the most recent run through each mission as whether or not to tally your single weapon runs or does it store the data like your stats -- what I mean is, if I play mission 1 six times and the first three times are with mixed weapons, fourth is with SR only and five & six are mixed, does the game know that I beat it using only 1 weapon or not?

Thanks.

JieXY
04-24-2009, 03:10 AM
I'm stuck at 950 on this game and I can't figure out why the hell the weapon achievement will not unlock!? I have beaten each mission 4 times so far (3x on medium, 1x hard). During the hard run, I beat every mission using only the stonerender (except for mission 4, I used the twin falcons and mission 8 I used the stonerender/ninja sword).

After getting 950 pts, I started up mission 5, died 10 times and unlocked easy. I went back to mission 8 on easy and beat Kanbe using the ninja sword ONLY aaaaaaaand...no achievement!

Now, I moved last Monday and have been playing offline since 4/16. I just got my internet back today and have yet to pop the game back in (too pissed).

1. Is the achievement not unlocking because the updated has been cleared and the glitch affects the weapon run too?

2. Is the achievement not unlocking because I beat every mission with 1 weapon on hard (with the exception of 8) and then went back to 8 on easy?

3. Is this achievement just glitched and if so, how do I get around it?

Also, how does the game track your completions of missions with the single sword? Some missions I have played more than 4x, sometimes using the stonerender only and sometimes mixing it up. Does the game register the most recent run through each mission as whether or not to tally your single weapon runs or does it store the data like your stats -- what I mean is, if I play mission 1 six times and the first three times are with mixed weapons, fourth is with SR only and five & six are mixed, does the game know that I beat it using only 1 weapon or not?

Thanks.

Hey buddy, calm down. I know it is driving you crazy when you've done it numerous times.

Okay, from I have experienced, if you have ever played a mission with a single type of sword once, and that's it because the game has recorded what you were doing. I DON'T think that the next time you use mixed weapons on the same mission will mess up anything. The patch seems to have no effect on this achievement, either.

So, my only explanation is that you perhaps ACCIDENTALLY, UNINTENTIONALLY fought with other weapon. This was true to me because oftentimes I pressed X right after I grappled over to a new place, especially when there were some (annoying) cutscenes and QTEs popping in, making me forget that I was holding the WRONG weapon. The best way I can recommend is rush through every possible enemy (you still have to fight those that are unavoidable) and PAY HIGH ATTENTION after grappling events.

Hope that helps.

(I played this game 5+ playthroughs. I know how it feels when you do same things over and over and over.:))

Good luck.

EDIT: I suggest you do a final playthrough and keep track of what weapon you will be using. A pen and piece of paper may help.

cra
04-24-2009, 05:32 AM
i did and avoided to block with the wrong weapon too. don't know if it does kill the run for the mission if you e.g. block with twin knives and fight with stonerender. i unlocked it after beating mission 3 again even though i could swear that i've beaten it already with stonerender only.

i did all weapon runs also on normal, maybe this helps

Yingah
04-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Yeh rushing through is a good choice. Do it on each level and don't concern yourself with the enemies much instead concentrate ONLY on making sure you use only one weapon.

srmroz
04-24-2009, 09:06 PM
thanks for the help. sorry for getting pissed, i was in the middle of doing the hard trials for SF4 while i was typing it up. i'll probably get to it later or this weekend. thanks again.

Filter x360a
05-11-2009, 02:24 AM
I just got this one after a very careful play-though of all the missions. First off, you CAN block with other weapons and still get this achievement.

Also, I had done the first 3 mission on normal and the rest on hard (by mistake) and, again, still got the achievement.

Hope this helps someone else.

FX.