PDA

View Full Version : attention mods/admins

kaleido42
04-24-2009, 06:31 AM
There seems to be something strange in the first page of the thread/sticky for how to check if you have entered a contest already in the contest forum. A pop-up appears on the screen asking for a log-in and password. In this pop-up it mentions www.dirtymchater.com. I have no idea if this is an attempt to get peoples log-ins or just something stupid. It is hard to tell much else as I am on a DSi and dont have computer access at the moment. I just thought that this should be brought to your immediate attention.

Ev0lon
04-24-2009, 10:20 AM
I got it as well on the main forum

kaleido42
04-24-2009, 01:09 PM
This seems to be quite weird. :confused:

J O 12 D
04-24-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm not getting this?
Maybe it's because your DSi has no internet protection or something? :confused:

kaleido42
04-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Could be but then what about the other guy. Either way it is still a problem for some so a short or long term solution should be found.

Glowin Smurff
04-24-2009, 01:48 PM
i have this on certain threads, the address in question asking for the logins/pass is actually

www.dirtymchater.co.uk

dakisbac
04-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Sounds like you guys either need to get a better anti-virus/anti-phishing software if it's looking for username/password combinations or better ad-blocking software if it's just something harmless. No problems here :)

Glowin Smurff
04-27-2009, 07:24 PM
it's been gone since about 6hours after we posted this. EVEN if we had the best antiphish blah blah blah, that wasn't the point, the point was to alert the staff to this if they didn't already know, i have no idea if it's related to anything on the site or not, but doing a google search for dirtymchater.co.uk had brought up a hit for this site w/ a url string of dirtymchater.co.uk/GFX/seomthing.(i don't remember the rest) but either way it always appeared in the same spots/sections not randomly.

but the problem hasn't happened to me since 6hrs after my first post.

Nightdragon
04-27-2009, 09:30 PM
dirtymchater is infact one of our members. There may be some issue with his signature that causes you to be linked to his site. I will look into the issue.

ChrisDeston
04-27-2009, 10:46 PM
And what concerns me most is he's an alleged "Established Member"
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=90288
There's his profile. Naughty boy obviously realised people are on to him.

But why did he want peoples account details? Back up his posts?

McHater Posts: Yo dat iz wak.
Stolen Acc Posts: Fo real dawg.
Stolen Acc 2 Posts: Innit man.
Stolen Acc 3 Posts: Eugh wtf Are you retarded?
Stolen Acc 3 Edits: Oh, sorry, now I get u, u r totally ryt!

kaleido42
04-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Ok thanks, good to hear a mod is checking it out.

ChrisDeston
04-27-2009, 11:49 PM
dirtymchater is infact one of our members. There may be some issue with his signature that causes you to be linked to his site. I will look into the issue.
Didn't mean to repeat. I saw his gallery and replied to this without looking what else had been added. Sorry! But good to see you're checking it out :)
If it was his sig then it was probably an accident.. But it didn't look it at the time? And I wasn't certain that the ban hammer would be a smashing. Hopefully it was an honest mistake :)

Glowin Smurff
04-28-2009, 12:21 AM
i haven't had this come up for a long time now, so not sure if it's still an issue or not, but good to hear your looking into it dragon.

Skillet
04-28-2009, 03:36 AM

Just for future reference, the basic user titles such as the above mentioned Established Member and others are automatically assigned based on the user's post count.

It's not as if he were given this title manually for being a great member.

Though as you said in your second post, I'm sure it was an accident. As far as I know, Dirty is an upstanding member of the community and has no reason to hijack other members' accounts.

ChrisDeston
04-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Just for future reference, the basic user titles such as the above mentioned Established Member and others are automatically assigned based on the user's post count.

It's not as if he were given this title manually for being a great member.

Though as you said in your second post, I'm sure it was an accident. As far as I know, Dirty is an upstanding member of the community and has no reason to hijack other members' accounts.
Don't worry, I get that, didn't think he was awarded it or anything :)
But I mean, everyone always says - Like with boosting, so people don't just ditch, that you should only trust Established members and up because to them their rep's can be easily tracked and ruined on the site.
Now for an established member to possibly be hacking the site is a big no-no and I'm sure if it is found to be something worse than an accident then he's not going to have a life on here for much longer..

But I hope it was a mistake.

DirtyMcHater
04-29-2009, 08:26 PM

@ ChrisDelton I'd suggest you do not go out your way to reach assumptions.

Also, wtf does my profile has to do with anything?

@ Everyone else, I've had hosted so many sigs on that server. I haven't used that host for about 3 + weeks now. It seems like the person who gave me the domain got hacked, and the skiddie who did is obviously impersonating me and trolling around the forum.

I would strongly suggest no one follows that link, or input your account info on any re-directs.

Edit : I've been a member of this community for quite a while now, I appreciate it's members and the services x360a provides for us gamers, there's no reason why I'd would want to hack/phish anyone. :/

kaleido42
04-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Ok well its good to hear that you didn't do anything wrong but its bad that someone is doing something like that on the site. Hopefully NightDragon will see that post of yours if he doesn't know already.

Nightdragon
04-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the reply dirty, both here and PM, I will look into this impersonator also.

:locked