PDA

View Full Version : UFC 2009 Undisputed or Fight Night Round 4

k1lls1gn
04-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Personally mine is UFC, just because there is way more stuff you can do.

Thelorn
04-26-2009, 10:36 PM
UFC and MMA in general. There's hardly any oh my god amazing boxers in boxing right now so it's rather stale, just look at boxing's heavyweight divisions now compared to all the huge names that have came through. I also didn't find the last fight night that fun at all, was pretty much counter and haymaker city. Fight Night 4 looks alright but ill wait till it's cheap, not to mention Fight Night had the lamest career mode ever, I mean fighting the same guy like 5 times in a row? Jesus how many times do you need to break his face before the Fight Night world realize I'm the better fighter of the two.

Jethrow
04-26-2009, 11:17 PM
this is funny because i was just talking about this, ufc or fn. Ufc is mint, we know that because of the demo. I'm getting it for sure, but fn has TYSON, and foreman and i've always been a fan of these games so i'm gonna probably get both. Just hope they make some good achievements for fight night, something to keep me playing for alot longer than 4 hours.

OZ aus
04-27-2009, 05:10 PM
FN i think looks better with graphics but UFC will be way more fun.

hklpro
04-27-2009, 06:45 PM
first you ask in a UFC forum. the results will be leaning towards UFC. I think UFC has all that boxing does and the BJJ and ground games. Mo Fun

Takamura Bear
04-28-2009, 02:24 AM
After playing the demo, I'm 100% buying UFC: Undisputed and I'll probably will buy Fight Night 4, but some of the new gameplay videos don't exactly blow me away. I need to play a demo, which should be available quite soon, before I start making judgements in FNR4.

Woot for fighting games. :drunk

jorGe62990
04-28-2009, 02:44 AM
I'm sorry but the graphics, gameplay, and overall feel of UFC just suck. Everything feels so animated and predetermined. There is basically no physics system at work in the game. Horrible...FN4 all the way

k1lls1gn
04-28-2009, 02:47 AM
I'm sorry but the graphics, gameplay, and overall feel of UFC just suck. Everything feels so animated and predetermined. There is basically no physics system at work in the game. Horrible...FN4 all the way You are out of your mind....

Thelorn
04-28-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm sorry but the graphics, gameplay, and overall feel of UFC just suck. Everything feels so animated and predetermined. There is basically no physics system at work in the game. Horrible...FN4 all the way

Sounds like a bitter boxing fan.

jorGe62990
04-28-2009, 04:15 PM
I am not a fan of boxing or UFC. I NEVER watch either.

The graphics look terrible. Everythnig feels animated. Let two fighters stand next to each other, completely idle, and you will see what I mean. It just feels...fake. Jab here, kick there...no difference in the physics. Crowd looks horrible as well. The controller scheme is also very complex, but I can't blame the developers for that because of how many moves and attacks a fighter can perform in the actaul sport.

I was actually considering buying this game after seeing some screenshots, but after playing the demo I have been completely turned off.

PistonFan363
04-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Dont get me wrong ufc undisputed is good I just feel Fight Night sets the standerds for boxing games.

Thelorn
04-28-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't get all the hype over fight night, sure it looks good but other then that FN3 was nothing like boxing. Styles were non existent, there were no flash KO's or KO's for that matter, they always had the chance to get up to the 10 count. It boiled down to who could haymaker and counter faster/better, in what way that's like boxing is beyond me. The career mode was the worst career mode I've ever seen in a sports game. I think it's main draw is it looks cool and it has some mainstream big names. Where the UFC game sticks to MMA as close as possible. Everyone has a punchers chance even if your losing or new to the game you could still KO someone. People who have no idea what to do on the ground game get exploited on the ground like they would in real life. Landing attacks to the same place over and over again over time not only brusies that area but that area becomes weak and having no to little resitance from future shots like it would. Im sure I could keep on going about FN and UFC and which is more realistic to the sport but it would be a waste of time and it's pretty clear which is more realistic to it's sport. Personally that's what I look for in a sports title is it to be as realistic to the sport as possible, not more arcadeish. To each his own.

jorGe62990
04-28-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't get all the hype over fight night, sure it looks good but other then that FN3 was nothing like boxing. Styles were non existent, there were no flash KO's or KO's for that matter, they always had the chance to get up to the 10 count. It boiled down to who could haymaker and counter faster/better, in what way that's like boxing is beyond me. The career mode was the worst career mode I've ever seen in a sports game. I think it's main draw is it looks cool and it has some mainstream big names. Where the UFC game sticks to MMA as close as possible. Everyone has a punchers chance even if your losing or new to the game you could still KO someone. People who have no idea what to do on the ground game get exploited on the ground like they would in real life. Landing attacks to the same place over and over again over time not only brusies that area but that area becomes weak and having no to little resitance from future shots like it would. Im sure I could keep on going about FN and UFC and which is more realistic to the sport but it would be a waste of time and it's pretty clear which is more realistic to it's sport. Personally that's what I look for in a sports title is it to be as realistic to the sport as possible, not more arcadeish. To each his own.
You know you just compared UFC 2009 to a game released over 3 year ago? Wait until FN4 is released to make real comparisons.

Thelorn
04-28-2009, 09:38 PM
You know you just compared UFC 2009 to a game released over 3 year ago? Wait until FN4 is released to make real comparisons.

And your getting hyped over a few Tyson videos?

"The graphics look terrible. Everythnig feels animated. Let two fighters stand next to each other, completely idle, and you will see what I mean. It just feels...fake. Jab here, kick there...no difference in the physics. Crowd looks horrible as well."

From that I would say you play game's for looks I'd bet you would play Fight Night if they held pillows. Maybe if you played Undisputed instead of standing idle holding hands looking at people in the crowd you would uncover a realistic fighting game. THQ's first MMA game is overall more realistic gameplay then Fight Night's first 3 attempts and time will tell on their fourth.

I wouldn't expect you to understand which game is more realistic to the sport anyways since you don't watch either of them.

Hi I am a Ninja
04-29-2009, 01:49 AM
Im voted UFC because of all the moves you can do and so on. Im personally buying both probably. but the reason i chose UFC is because when i was playing fight night it just gets boring punch punch punch. dont get me wrong though im a big fan of FN3 but i turned illegal moves off just so i could knee and elbow people lol

martdude16
04-30-2009, 07:12 PM
In the UFC forum it may be a bit biased....

However despite enjoying the demo of UFC, I'm still anticipating FNR4 more and I think it will be better.

PNOIZ33
04-30-2009, 09:46 PM
In the UFC forum it may be a bit biased....

However despite enjoying the demo of UFC, I'm still anticipating FNR4 more and I think it will be better.

I agree. With Fight Night having been around for a while, I think UFC will have to polish itself up a bit before it can stand in the same conversation as FNR4. The demo is pretty good, but we need a FN demo to make a clear comparison.

STONE DEVIL
05-04-2009, 05:44 PM
No question, UFC by far will be better.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9820/gamersiga.jpg (http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gamersiga.jpg)

L Demonic I
05-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Well the demo is really fun and i can't wait for the full game
UFC>>

antnie
05-04-2009, 08:43 PM
UFC for sure. I might get Fight Night 4 once it is in the bargan bin.

ValkyrieOne15
05-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I think both games will be great but this just plays so well and there is so much more variety...

Mikeyt086
05-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Im buying both on release.

UFC is incredible, just incredible. I am a big fan of the Fight Night series. Its just all good for me, no need to pick sides.

Tussell
05-12-2009, 05:16 AM
I'm definitely more pumped for FNR4. I just got done playing the UFC demo and I must say, it's highly overrated. Everyone is raving about it and I don't see anything worth spending $60 on.

GeezusDylan160
05-12-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm definitely more pumped for FNR4. I just got done playing the UFC demo and I must say, it's highly overrated. Everyone is raving about it and I don't see anything worth spending $60 on.

I completely respect your opinion but if you don't mind I'd like to ask why you believe it's highly overrated. My personal opinion is that it just offers up a great experience for a more versatile sport then boxing. So yeah, I'd like a little more insight on what you said above, if you don't mind of course.

Chud 360
05-12-2009, 11:50 PM

I have to admit. i wasn't going to get either game, but after playing the UFC demo, i will be getting it for sure. Still not sure about FNR4 tho. need to see more

jorGe62990
05-13-2009, 12:28 AM
Completely agree...The graphics are still terrible. Blood looks incredibly fake and cartoonish (random spurts appearing out of the face?) Punches/kicks barely land, yet fighters still get knocked out and damaged. The animations make them look like rag dolls because a physics system is non-existent. Way too many knockouts that come out of no where. Everything feels animated and fake. I'll give credit to the commentary however, it is pretty solid in that department.

Thank god this game is coming out a full month before FN4, because if they were both released at the same time it would not even be a competition. Once FN4 is released, people will forget about this game.

Thelorn
05-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Completely agree...The graphics are still terrible. Blood looks incredibly fake and cartoonish (random spurts appearing out of the face?) Punches/kicks barely land, yet fighters still get knocked out and damaged. The animations make them look like rag dolls because a physics system is non-existent. Way too many knockouts that come out of no where. Everything feels animated and fake. I'll give credit to the commentary however, it is pretty solid in that department.

Thank god this game is coming out a full month before FN4, because if they were both released at the same time it would not even be a competition. Once FN4 is released, people will forget about this game.

I'm not even sure why you still post on this UFC forum. You're not a fan of MMA, you're not a fan of this game, and you've done nothing but bash this title. So why not move on to FN4 forums already and talk about how everyone's going to forget about the UFC game in a month. Then you can tell them how you keep coming back to the UFC forums.

machonach0
05-13-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm not even sure why you still post on this UFC forum. You're not a fan of MMA, you're not a fan of this game, and you've done nothing but bash this title. So why not move on to FN4 forums already and talk about how everyone's going to forget about the UFC game in a month. Then you can tell them how you keep coming back to the UFC forums.

Ha, I agree. Also I don't see how this game is bad at all, I've put so many hours on the demo. Just a few minutes ago I rocked shogun with a left hook and right as he started to fall I hit him flush with an uppercut that lifted him slightly off his feet and put him out, I have never been that pumped about a win in a video game. (I also really wish I had a video of it, I still have the replay going so I might record that)

jorGe62990
05-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Well to be honest I have tried getting into the demo several times, but I still can't do it. I do post in the FN4 forums, but since the release is over a month away, it is still very quiet.

Mongolian Beef
05-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Who closed the poll so early? I'm also for FN4, after playing the UFC demo, wasn't overly impressed.

Cinderkin
05-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Just played Fight Night 4 demo! I still give it to UFC just based on demos

LagSucks
05-15-2009, 05:25 AM
I have played the UFC demo probably 50 or 60 times already. It is a fantastic game with lots of things to master.
I think this will be more enjoyable of a game for a longer period of time than Fight Night 4 simply just because of the amount of fighters people know and the different styles each fighter has. Lets be honest.... virtually no one watches boxing anymore so everyone will be either Tyson, Ali, Foreman, or the other handful of iconic legends amd become bored of this game very quickly (Fight Night 3 took what?... 6 hours to complete?). UFC and MMA has way more coverage and popularity thus there will be a lot more to explore and try. Plus, each fighter has different styles (BJJ, Kickboxing, wrestling, Muay Thai, etc.) However, what I do like better about Fight Night is that it is less of a "button masher" than UFC. You use the joy sticks to angle all your punches in FN. Because the style of MMA has so many more options they had to use buttons for punches and kicks so you can use the sticks and triggers to change levels and shoot for takedowns or clinches.... All in all these are both going to be great games if you enjoy fighting. MMA is just way more exciting in real life and waaaaaaaaaaay more popular now so it will probably just win this argument for that fact lol.