PDA

View Full Version : Roadmaps monitored by moderators

Damian 83
04-27-2009, 09:56 AM
i think roadmaps have to be monitorated by moderators...too much people write a ridicolous difficulties...examples of last games i played:

quantum of solace 3/10...it wasnt too hard but same fact u have to complete it at hardest difficulty (where u die a lot of times), makes it at least 5-6/10
3/10 is a game like Spyro

winter sports 2: 5/10...its VERY HARD! at least 8/10!!!

what about if im the GOD of lost planet, and now a lost planet 2 will be released, and i write a roadmap with difficulty 1/10??? maybe its a piece a cake for me, but for NORMAL people??? a bunch of incompleted games in GT..

i think moderators must confirm those damn roadmaps and put a poll voted by people played that game (like on ****************), before sticking it!

gallardolvr
04-27-2009, 10:20 AM
im going to add to this but i think that if you have played the game you should submit your idea for the difficulty depending on what game difficulty you played on, and then mod's should average the score...

Damian 83
04-27-2009, 10:29 AM
im going to add to this but i think that if you have played the game you should submit your idea for the difficulty depending on what game difficulty you played on, and then mod's should average the score...

the difficulty on roadmap is intended "the difficulty needed for getting full 1000gs, in fastest and easiest way". and many games have a standard difficulty u cant change

NFaMuS one
04-27-2009, 01:10 PM
the difficulty on roadmap is intended "the difficulty needed for getting full 1000gs, in fastest and easiest way". and many games have a standard difficulty u cant change

Valid. Not only that, the road maps are solely based on whomever is writing it. What is easy for one person may not be easy for another. So, in theory, your idea is good, but at the same time, you can just submit and update to a road map here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57731) if you feel it is incorrect. Also, to my knowledge, the road maps go through the same approval process as the achievement guides and that is to the guide team where they make any necessary changes or updates, where if they feel anything is incorrect, they do change it.

(The link is the thread to post any corrections to be made to achievemeny guides, as I did not see one for corrections to road maps. Alternatively, the link for anything involving road maps can be found here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=109782).)

Damian 83
04-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Valid. Not only that, the road maps are solely based on whomever is writing it. What is easy for one person may not be easy for another. So, in theory, your idea is good, but at the same time, you can just submit and update to a road map here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57731) if you feel it is incorrect. Also, to my knowledge, the road maps go through the same approval process as the achievement guides and that is to the guide team where they make any necessary changes or updates, where if they feel anything is incorrect, they do change it.

(The link is the thread to post any corrections to be made to achievemeny guides, as I did not see one for corrections to road maps. Alternatively, the link for anything involving road maps can be found here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=109782).)

i think the best is to stick a poll in each game thread...no matter if someone write 1/10 and another one , after 30 posts tells that game is 10/10. i cant read all posts to know what people think about that game...

The Pants Party
04-27-2009, 01:40 PM
You're subjectively disagreeing with a subjective score...

The road maps are written by people experienced with the game, they'll know how hard it was to get all the achievements. Did you think maybe most people DON'T die a lot in QoS or that most people DON'T find WS2 "very hard?" Maybe YOU are the odd man out here.

Breadhead
04-27-2009, 01:48 PM
I am agree. For example Halo 3 wasn't 8/10 to me. More like 4-5/10

Damian 83
04-27-2009, 01:50 PM
You're subjectively disagreeing with a subjective score...

The road maps are written by people experienced with the game, they'll know how hard it was to get all the achievements. Did you think maybe most people DON'T die a lot in QoS or that most people DON'T find WS2 "very hard?" Maybe YOU are the odd man out here.

listen im an average player...i play all games from viva pinata to gow2 so im good (and not more) at all games. 50 cent is 6/10 and is a right value. u cant value quantum of solace 3 (like spyro, that u can use cheats)! afro samurai is 8/10. also a fair value, took me hours to do some achievements, well the same is for winter sports! as u say winter sports is easier than 50 cent. ok play it and let me know before talking!

Ingles
04-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Difficulty will vary based on gamer as well. Not all gamers will find a particular game as easy as maybe some others. When I write a road map, I try and take into consideration the expert gamers vs. the not so expert gamers and take an average of that. Some people may get that rating right based on what a lot of people feel it should be while others won't. No harm done in stating you thought a few games should be rated harder than what they were but is it really necessary? You could asked for it to be changed and a week or so later, someone will ask that it be changed to something else because they thought it was harder/easier...

It's pointless in my opinion.

jackanape
04-27-2009, 02:07 PM
If anything the 50 Cent score is too high - no way that should be more than a 3/10, especially if you do it all in Co-op which makes the whole thing ridiculously easy.

People are always going to disagree over the difficulties of various games but the difficulty should really be more of an indication of skill than time involved. Otherwise you could say Pinata is tough as it takes 50 hours or Oblivion is likewise as it can take 50-100 hours. Which would obviously be wrong in both cases.

The guides are just that - a guide. If you read them through and look at the times allowed and what not then it will give you a good idea of what to expect. Then its down to your own ability.

Telexen
04-27-2009, 02:08 PM
There's no reason to drag moderators into it. Read the rest of the thread for feedback on the difficulty rating the OP gave. If you don't like the difficulty they've rated it, check another source.

Jappe XBA
04-27-2009, 04:32 PM
listen im an average player...i play all games from viva pinata to gow2 so im good (and not more) at all games. 50 cent is 6/10 and is a right value. u cant value quantum of solace 3 (like spyro, that u can use cheats)! afro samurai is 8/10. also a fair value, took me hours to do some achievements, well the same is for winter sports! as u say winter sports is easier than 50 cent. ok play it and let me know before talking!

How does the game difficulty and using cheats compare to each other?
And I believe the moderators don't have the time to write ALL of the road maps, and that is why the "normal" members write them. And after all like someone said above: the road maps go through the same process than the guides (Guide Team), and they will do the needed changes and edit it for it to be approved for the main site. Haven't played QoS personally, but my friend who has, completed it in 3 days (didn't die even one time during the game) and he is an average player, not a newbie and not a pro. So it depends kinda of your skill. No offense.

BooseyGirl
04-27-2009, 05:03 PM
In the "How to Write A Road Map Guide" I'm pretty sure they explain HOW to rate a game subjectively because everyone's experience and gaming levels are different. We're talking about the achievements though and how easy/difficult they are to unlock in the game, so it's not really the games rating, but the achievements, you have to keep that in mind, and I think most people don't. I'm sure the people that check over the Road Maps before posting them officially in the forums go over the details but it's not their job to rate how they think the achievements are, that's the responsibility of the people who wrote the Map. I think the best way to approach a game that you think you may or may not get the full 1000GS is to read up on it first, try and download a demo, or ask other people that you know what they think of it.

gatorbait
04-27-2009, 05:48 PM
There will never be a perfect rating to settle on. There's really nothing to base these numbers on since it comes down to the individual playing the game and what 3/10 or 5/10 difficulty means to them. I guess the real focus on roadmaps is to not get caught up in the difficulty rating but read the intro and conclusion to actually grasp an understanding of what makes the game's achievements easy or hard. I certainly would have given some games a higher rating and some a lower rating but in the end, I put more emphasis on the written content on the roadmap to assess a game's overall achievement difficulty.

dakisbac
04-27-2009, 05:58 PM
I remember suggesting to Method that we add some sort of ranking to the numbers (such as simple, difficult, near impossible, etc). Of course people will still have different opinions on the difficulty of the game, but I think it would've helped a little.

BooseyGirl
04-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Well isn't that the same thing as saying 1/10? We classify that as easy, so with your method we're just using words to clarify, but the numbers do the same thing. There is no real solution for this, people just need to play a game and figure out what they think the rating should be or where they are skill wise.

Method
04-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Which tastes better Coke or Pepsi? Which is more fun surfing or skiing? Whatever your answer to these questions I disagree, can you prove me wrong? No? Then how do you propose I "fix" the opinion of a road map writer who's making a subjective call on how difficulty they feel a game's achievements are to acquire? The difficulty rating is a guideline, although you may not agree it's just there to give you another opinion on what to expect.

From the Road Map Walkthrough:
Achievement difficulty is completely subjective. The two main factors to consider when scoring a game are skill required and time.

jukkakhan
04-27-2009, 11:23 PM
It doesn't need to go through mods. Once a roadmap is submitted it goes to the Guide Team for review and they will change it accordingly, but once again, it's all subjective. I find that determining the difficulty in a roadmap is the hardest thing since there are tons of factors and I can't speak for everyone who plays the game.