PDA

View Full Version : NowGaming System

WarCuzImHard
04-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi everyone,

I would like to submit an idea for the main site! Here it is!

Would it not be nice to have a system onwhich people can see who else is playing the same game as they are at any given moment? A system onwhich x360a members can log in when they start playing on the 360 console; the NowGaming System ;)

Once they are logged in, a list appears that is showing all the other x360a members that are currently aswell using the NowGaming System (NG-System). :)

Each gamer than indicates which game they are currently playing and if they are open for a party yes or no. :p

Doing so, a list will be formed of players that are playing the same game as you are, and which players are open to party up with you! ;)

This system can be used and expanded to make gamers connect very quick and very easily! :)

What do you guys think? :) I know this might sound overwhelming at first and maybe even a bit chaotic.. I'm sorry for that! I don't know if this can be managed or that it is too much asked!

I just thought it was a good idea that I wanted to share with you!

Thanks for reading! :)

The Pants Party
04-27-2009, 06:57 PM
I get what you're going for, something like MGC's LiveTracker:
http://www.mygamercard.net/tracker.php

Unfortunately as in independent 360 website, we do not have access to those feeds from Microsoft.

WarCuzImHard
04-27-2009, 07:05 PM
I get what you're going for, something like MGC's LiveTracker:
http://www.mygamercard.net/tracker.php

Unfortunately as in independent 360 website, we do not have access to those feeds from Microsoft.

I assume that the LiveTracker distracts information from XBL and Microsoft, which we can not do? This would be helped by letting the x360a members enter the information needed themselves, each session.

What game are you playing: [droplist?]
Open for party-request: [yes/no]

Or is this too simplistic? The player would than be deleted from that list the moment he or she closes the window.

The Pants Party
04-27-2009, 07:11 PM
The problem with that is that the website will go idle and no longer show you as logged on after a certain amount of time (even if the window is still open), which would kill your status. And if we left it up to users to set and remove their status, I can guarantee most people would never remember to remove it and it would just be a confusing mess.

I'm really not sure there is a way for us to do something like this without MS feeds, which you're correct, we do not have access to.

WarCuzImHard
04-27-2009, 07:22 PM
The problem with that is that the website will go idle and no longer show you as logged on after a certain amount of time (even if the window is still open), which would kill your status. And if we left it up to users to set and remove their status, I can guarantee most people would never remember to remove it and it would just be a confusing mess.

I'm really not sure there is a way for us to do something like this without MS feeds, which you're correct, we do not have access to.

Okay thanks! We shall see if there is anyone who can help us on this one!