PDA

View Full Version : Submissions a pain!!!

Flinton360
04-28-2009, 09:32 PM
I hate rotating the stick i cant do it fast at all im rubbish at getting subs ive only ever got them on beginner and tapping the buttons just doesnt seem to work dont you think it would have been better if you could just shake the stick from side to side or is it just me?

GeezusDylan160
04-28-2009, 11:20 PM
try just taking your time, use body shots and wear him down, you should also turn on the stamina bars in the Options menu to see how close your opponent is to gassing out, also try taking the fight to the third round, I hear a lot of people doing it early rd.3/late rd.2

harry32
04-28-2009, 11:28 PM
And i thought i was the only one, i still have yet to pull one off. When i try and wear hime down i end up just knocking him out lol

GeezusDylan160
04-29-2009, 02:23 AM
lol well resist pressing the LB, use the Left trigger and go to town on his midsection with punches, wear down his legs with inside/outside leg kicks, I find that a good method is a good body combo, back up to just barely outside the striking range and use leg kicks to the liver region. Happy Hunting and Good Luck lol

scarfaces80
04-29-2009, 10:29 AM
i can do most subs but the rear naked choke but i hate having to spin the right stick it should be left to right.if you play too many games in a row your hand can get a bit tired and sweaty even and i have to change how im holding controller to 360 right stick like hell.

Flinton360
05-01-2009, 12:55 AM
ok no more moaning about it i got the hang of it now yay!

Magic Man
05-17-2009, 11:18 PM
is there any technique to the submission because ive' yet to pull one off i've done everything took to the third round, smashing the buttons, rotating the right thumbstick super fast, and even a combo of all that.

so im just wondering if theres a technique or anything.

PeRFeCK
05-17-2009, 11:30 PM
smashing the buttons is better than rotating the stick. obviously the biggest factors are your submission offense, your opponents submission defense, your stamina left and your opponents stamina left. best time to do one is right after u stuff a takedown as it takes a decent amount of stamina to try one. use the first round or two to do mostly body attacks which will bring down the opponents stamina (you guys DO have the stamina bar enabled right??? it makes things so much easier).

Kalik2k
05-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Getting submissions against other players on live is simple enough but getting them against a cpu is bloody impossible. I been trying for the achievement of winning a match by submission without using ANY striking, so far I've tried having Penn vs CAF, Lauzon vs CAF, Mir vs Lesnar and a few others yet I'm still unable to get a bloody submission!!!

III Will III
05-18-2009, 01:45 PM
turn on stamina bar i can nearly 100% get a tap out when the bars fully yellow.

i tap buttons when im submissioning but i rotate stick when being submitted.

MusicInjection
05-19-2009, 09:50 PM
i haven't been able to get a single submission against CPU. I just wore a fighter completely down, 1 punch or kick to the head would have knocked him out. Trying submission, failing, the CPU reverses and i loose the match. I don't know what i'm doing wrong... both defense and offense submission are @ level 55. any tips?

submissions against live players are easy as shit, just not against CPU.

Jethrow
05-19-2009, 10:06 PM
someone was telling me that to do a submission rotate the stick clockwise, and to fight against a submission rotate the stick counter-clockwise. Is this true?

J Lew332
05-20-2009, 01:12 AM
IVe found the best way to move the stick is just hold the controller tight with your left hand, and just use our thumb on ur right hand. Its kind of hard to explain but I have 18 wins online and like 10 or 11 have came by submission.

drgonzo
05-20-2009, 02:00 AM
IVe found the best way to move the stick is just hold the controller tight with your left hand, and just use our thumb on ur right hand. Its kind of hard to explain but I have 18 wins online and like 10 or 11 have came by submission.

I think your looking far too much into it mate lol just smash the buttons or rotate it