PDA

View Full Version : An Idea .. that probably wouldnt benefit most

SetsunaFSeiei
04-29-2009, 06:52 AM
I know this might not be such a great idea, none of my ideas ever are, but i like feedback anyway =]

Being able to have moderator controls over the threads you post.

I just thought of it, and possible uses for it, If someone wanted to close a thread of theres [seeing it might have gone out of hand in some way]

Then for achievement guide creators, closing it and/or hiding there guides so others couldnt post in it while there posting everything , example:

You post the first page to your guide, after you post the next page to it you notice someone replied before you already

Its very unlikely, but it would really screw you over

Just an idea i thought of n.n;

The Pants Party
04-29-2009, 01:02 PM
A. I don't think there is a setting for it in vBulletin anyway.

B. This would just allow people to delete anyone's post who they didn't agree with if they started any kind of "discussion" thread, or they could edit someone's post to make it look like they said something they didn't.

Let's let the moderators moderate. ;)

ChrisDeston
04-29-2009, 01:26 PM
It'd be helpful to have some permissions but like TPP said, people'd abuse it and have it Their way.

Nice idea though :)
Before this month I hadn't seen any "ideas", I've read like 8 in the last two aweeks :P
lthough in some ways it'll get annoying, keep them coming.
They might turn out to be great and put in place.
But I don't think this one will

dakisbac
04-29-2009, 02:47 PM
The only other message board I've used was GameFAQs. That site allows you to delete your own topic if no one has yet replied to it (which is mostly useless here because we can edit) or close it if there has been replies.

Being able to delete posts would be more useful there than here, because in the case of someone interrupting your posts (which can be prevented 99% of the time by initially writing "reserved") the mods here will delete it anyway.

Aside from the delete/close topic function, the other features are a no-go IMO (hey look at that, it rhymed, I'm a poet and I didn't even know it)

Evil Demon55
04-30-2009, 12:21 AM
Someone could just close their thread to piss another off, then spamming would happen and this forum would go down :(