PDA

View Full Version : Better Launch Games?

xX DaSecret Xx
12-14-2006, 02:59 AM
Which system had the best launch games out?
PS1
PS2
PS3
XBOX 360
Wii
PSP
DS

Maka
12-14-2006, 03:56 AM
Wii

You cant go wrong with Excite Truck, Twilight Princess, Raving Rabbids and some Madden....

Dreamcast was pretty good as well...

RedBlinky
12-14-2006, 04:00 AM
I thought Mario 64 was the greatest game ever my fingers litterally were bleeding after hours and hours of playing it... Plus that jet ski game was really fun...

Wii games are pretty fun atm.

PerpetualHeaven
12-14-2006, 04:05 AM
I thought Mario 64 was the greatest game ever my fingers litterally were bleeding after hours and hours of playing it... Plus that jet ski game was really fun...

Wii games are pretty fun atm.

Wave Race! I love that game.

I"m trying to find all the launch titles for every console, but I can't remember them all so I can't really decide.

Fonkey Monkey
12-14-2006, 04:15 AM
of the next gen systems i would say wii. then slightly behind that would be 360 cuz the launch was pretty damn good.
but of ALL TIME, wasnt Super mario bros. a launch game for nes? pretty sure that takes the cake....

Smokez
12-14-2006, 04:39 AM
Wasnt SSBM a launch title?

MoonSka
12-14-2006, 04:56 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_titles

Tyger7
12-14-2006, 07:54 AM
Wii

You cant go wrong with Excite Truck, Twilight Princess, Raving Rabbids and some Madden....

Dreamcast was pretty good as well...

Ok now maka, I must say raving rabbids would def not top most people's list! Neither would madden, for it is a launch title for a few systems such as 360 and ps3. Anyways i will stop, just i would have to totally disagree with your titles, unless you were 10 ;)

Smokez
12-14-2006, 08:00 AM
l guess the Wii has the best but l think its unfair for the 360 because its been out a year longer then all the others so they get the same great games

Tyger7
12-14-2006, 08:11 AM
are you guys kidding? Zelda was only decent because it's a legacy game. Think how much you guys would have a different opinion if halo3 was a launch title! The expected launch for 360 was amazing, having oblivion and whatnot. Flat out wii has 75% kids games. People i know were not impressed with call of duty 3, and the other titles got very low scores (except twilight princess). I almost laughed when a guy i worked with was excited for that trauma ER game. WOw. Launch controller maybe...games got some bad scores

Sorry guys i might just be not kid at heart enough!

Crash
12-14-2006, 02:13 PM
I have owned a lot of systems at launch and the one I was happiest with the games avaialable at launch was the original Xbox. Usually a system will come out with 1 really good game, but the Xbox had the most launch games that I really enjoyed including Halo, Oddworld, DoA3, PGR, and Fuzion Frenzy. The Sega Dreamcast would be a very close 2nd, while the Atari Jaguar would be last.

RadicalSniper99
12-14-2006, 02:15 PM
It has to be the Wii. The games for it actually did get some decent reviews. Not all of them were amazing, but they all utilize the new play system. When the DS came out, it didn't really use the touch screen.

Although the 360 launch was good, there wasn't a major stand out game from them.
The PS3 had nothing but Resistance.

Overall other systems were also good, but the launch games for the Wii are the best set.

PerpetualHeaven
12-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Either XBOX, PS2, or Dreamcast.
Those are all tide for me when I look at the list. A lot of great fun titles.

DIGGDOUG
12-14-2006, 05:44 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_titles

Why isn't the Atari Jaguar listed as one of the 5th generation consoles. It should be 1.4.2 technically instead of 1.5 as it was out at the same time as PS1 and (supposedly) more powerful. Just a pity Atari couldnt get decent game manufacturers signed thanx to Sony and Nintendo having lots of cash.

Jaguar had amazing launch games. Raiden is a classic and Cybermorph was cool too.

Its also nice to see that Wikipedia provides evidence of the world according to Sony (US and Japanese launch dates but no Europe in sight). Nice to see that Nintendo and Microsoft don't ignore us.

Tyger7
12-15-2006, 10:54 AM
I have owned a lot of systems at launch and the one I was happiest with the games avaialable at launch was the original Xbox. Usually a system will come out with 1 really good game, but the Xbox had the most launch games that I really enjoyed including Halo, Oddworld, DoA3, PGR, and Fuzion Frenzy. The Sega Dreamcast would be a very close 2nd, while the Atari Jaguar would be last.

Crash you are very correct on the xbox.

DaKing240
12-15-2006, 11:25 AM
SNES - Super Mario World