PDA

View Full Version : 'Hot Seat' Option

Domantos
04-30-2009, 12:19 PM
I was a bit disappointed that there was no hot-seat option as a local multiplayer. This was a great feature on some of the PC versions. Would be nice to play even this game with my fiancee.
Instead we end up watching each other play, and not the kinky kind of play =P

Anyone know if this is something that they will add later? Or has it been discussed and they left it out? Or is it just that it never was Sid Meyer that did it, but the other one (on the PC)? Maybe someone has heard a rumor that it will be in the next one, if that ever comes out?

I for one would like it, and I'm sure there are others out there that would appreciate it.

/Domantos

Domantos
05-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Lol, guess I'm more alone on this one than I tought =P

Are there any others out there that play local co-op at all?

/Domantos

zimzvm
05-07-2009, 10:17 AM
well there was a time I played hot seat games but this was in the era of Heroes of M&M 3, and it was really cool.
right now in the era of Internet and constant lack of time of msot of my friends I do prefer playing over the Internet. it's more comfortable imho.

Elod
05-15-2009, 11:31 AM
We have played Heroes 3 in hot seat with two friends, but it was sooo slow. I read several books while waiting for others.

Domantos
05-15-2009, 11:47 AM
What's wrong with combining two great hobbies, books and xbox? =P

Seriously thought, 'hot-seat' is the only option when it comes to multiplayer in turn-based games like this. And if you play on different screens you should be able to make minor changes to your civilization whilst waiting for the other player to finish his/her turn. Like changing where the citizens are working or what you are building in a certain town etc. This will also help you make your own turn faster as you have time to tweak in between =)

/Domantos

Elod
05-18-2009, 09:50 AM
The only really enjoyable hot-seat game for me was Battle Isle/The Great War. In that games on the split screen one player moved their units meanwhile the other make attacks, then swap. It was a brilliant idea, not only was much faster, but the whole strategy part has any interesting twist. That game should be added to XBLA :)