PDA

View Full Version : When can I pull guards away?

HoRneDieSeL
04-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Does anyone know when you can pull some of your guards back or away from certain locations?

It seems like some of my locations will get attacked but others won't but I don't remember exactly which ones.

I suppose the answer that I am looking for is something like this:
"When you get to Florida, pull guards away from this type of business since the family is dead and won't try to attack it."

Anyone know?

HuskerFan11
04-30-2009, 09:27 PM
You can take guards off a location at any point you want, if you are worried about the money just wait until you progress through the game and the guards will eventually have a 50% discount at which point money will no longer be an issue

SpinelesS
05-01-2009, 05:16 AM
Does anyone know when you can pull some of your guards back or away from certain locations?

It seems like some of my locations will get attacked but others won't but I don't remember exactly which ones.

I suppose the answer that I am looking for is something like this:
"When you get to Florida, pull guards away from this type of business since the family is dead and won't try to attack it."

Anyone know?

I think which locations are attacked are random with a greater chance on crime rings that your opponent has/had 1 or more of.(Though I could be wrong) However, If you dont want your locations attacked at all just kill all the made men of the currently available families (those that appear after pressing start then X) (boss and consig dont count) as they seem to be needed to lead the attacks.

BulletMagnet Uk
05-01-2009, 12:58 PM
I think which locations are attacked are random with a greater chance on crime rings that your opponent has/had 1 or more of.(Though I could be wrong) However, If you dont want your locations attacked at all just kill all the made men of the currently available families (those that appear after pressing start then X) (boss and consig dont count) as they seem to be needed to lead the attacks.

Correct. If you kill every made man in the game you will never be attacked again. I did this and now have only 1 guard on every business (dont even need this one really, but have him there for appearences sake lol).

If you dont fancy this aproach or need something in the interim I would suggest lowering guards in New York once you have beaten both of the Rosato families (in my game, the other families didnt seem to interested in New York). I would say that any chop shops you have need a good amount of guards as they are attacked on a regular basis, as are your body armour crime ring locations before you make it to Cuba.

You can also bomb the businesses in your enemies crime rings that are giving you a problem. e.g. make sure no family other than yours, ever has the body armour crime ring and also try to stop others getting the incendary ammo crime ring. Doing this will make your attackers less powerful, hence less need of defenders.

Dont forget that you can send made men to defend your businesses and generally a couple of them defending means a win for you. So spread them about and you can lower guards at where they are defending.

HoRneDieSeL
05-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone! Last night I acquired the double income bonus and have about $150,000+ stashed away and money is rather pointless for this game since the only thing you do purchase is the guards. Guess I was worried about nothing really...

I think you are right SpinelesS, the locations in which I own either 3/4 or 4/4, they seem to almost constantly attack.