PDA

View Full Version : Grizzled Vet Screwed?

pimpsta71
12-14-2006, 11:36 AM
I just completed the whole game on Vet. mode. during the 6 mission, i quit out and did the second mission on easy to get the other achievements. i redid the second mission (and even the first) from the chapter select menu and still didnt get it. I know i have completed EVERYTHING on vet mode and no achievement. WTF!!!!!! this happen to anyone else?

can you get the achievement if you go through the chapter select menu and do it out of order...or do i need to start a new game and play aaaaaaaalllllllllll the way through it again on vet mode?!?!? i think this is so much harder than the second one. finished that one on vet in a day...this has taken me at least 24 hours of actual gameplay already

TurMoiL911
12-16-2006, 01:40 AM
You have to play through the entire campaign in order to get it. Fustrating, I know, but that was how the game designers made it.

pimpsta71
12-16-2006, 10:45 AM
i restarted a new game and finished it in just 1 day, thank god.

DeathandChaos
12-26-2006, 06:11 AM
Vet mode is soooo hard. Ill be soo rewarded once (if) I beat this game on Vet. How many levels are the total?

bammargera5
12-26-2006, 07:40 AM
yes this is exactly what i did excpet im not fininished and im wondering because some people say u have to start a new one or your can just do it in chapter select im not sure who to believe?????

pimpsta71
12-26-2006, 08:47 AM
theres 14 levels. if you stoped halfway through and did another mission, you'll need to do the mission you stopped on again, the mission you completed on a second difficulty again, and the last mission again.

DeathandChaos
12-27-2006, 05:28 AM
If anyone has played Rainbow 6 Vegas and know of the glitch in realistic mode where you have to wait untill you get done with the chapter you cant stop at checkpoint. Is there a glitch like that in this game you have to worry about? Or as long as you dont play a level on a different difficulty while going through the single player you should be fine?

xSPARTANx117x
01-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Yea, veteran is hard, but when you finally beat it, it really helps build your skills. I beat it about a month ago, and it took me about 2 1/2 days to beat it. There are a few pretty hard parts, such as the trenches on The Mace, and the part where you have to destroy the tanks on the Falaise Road mission i think. (i dunno if that's the name of it) anyways, just have patience, and keep trying, and you'll eventually beat it.

head0r Inc
01-07-2007, 04:55 PM
I have an other problem, i play veteran too and in level 6 my xbox live connection shuts down...so i played the level to the end...but, at the moment, where the game loads the next level, i was kicked out into the main menu and the games says me, that the profil has changed?!?!?!? So i continued the game and i was level7...okay...but whats about level 6 now? Does it count as a veteran level or what happens? I'm now in level 8...but i dont know what happened.. can somebody help?

pimpsta71
01-08-2007, 04:53 PM
i dont know a definite answer, but id say to be safe, go back and do level six and seven again and then continue to the end. or the riskier route would be to finish the game, if you dont get it, go back and do those levels again, but after you finish those levels, you WILL need to do the last level again. so the last mission will get played twice if you decide to continue playing just to see if it does work

head0r Inc
01-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah...im now in mission 11 and it is sill the vet mode, level 7 was vet too...4 levels more and i will know, if i'm happy or not...

but do i understand right, if im finished with level 14 and the achievement doesnt pup up, i have to play level 6 AND level 14 again!?!?!

pimpsta71
01-09-2007, 06:06 AM
yuppers..thats right. it fuckin sucks, but thats how its gotta be done

pandy92
01-11-2007, 12:50 PM
I have an other problem, i play veteran too and in level 6 my xbox live connection shuts down...so i played the level to the end...but, at the moment, where the game loads the next level, i was kicked out into the main menu and the games says me, that the profil has changed?!?!?!? So i continued the game and i was level7...okay...but whats about level 6 now? Does it count as a veteran level or what happens? I'm now in level 8...but i dont know what happened.. can somebody help?

Hey mate i had the exact same thing happen to me and on the exact same levels where it just logged me out....im slightly worried bout this as i dont get to play very often and its taken me ages to get this far on vet....have u finished it yet on vet? Did u get the achievement?

Cheers

head0r Inc
01-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Yeah i got it :)

pandy92
01-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Phew - im glad of that!

Sonic Avenger
01-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Is the Vet. level in COD 3 harder than COD 2?

pimpsta71
01-18-2007, 10:19 PM

thats 50/50 between anyone that u ask..i garauntee that. i believe it was harder, the next person to answer this question might disagree with me and say its easier. all gamers have a different feel for the difficulty level

Sebastian55
01-18-2007, 10:38 PM

I'm going to go with yes on this one... seeing as bullets can go through walls, cars, just about anything... they have some KILLER bullets in this game if you know what I mean!!

At some parts of the game, I'd somehow get myself into a rough situation with no smoke grenades, 1 or 2 grenades and... just a bad situation and at times I thought "ahhhh... who needs the veteran achievement anyway!?!?!?" but I stuck with it and got it in the end. Perseverance pays off!!

Baboonballs
01-19-2007, 03:27 AM
Hell yeah COD3's veteran mode was way harder, it's like they had sniper scope's on their machine guns.

Rifle Elite
02-02-2007, 04:00 PM
CoD 3 is much harder. Gerries hit you with a mp40 from very large distances.

Arch Lord
02-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Yep i agree, COD 3 is harder. COD 2 was a lot easier in my opinion.

Scottacus
02-04-2007, 01:59 AM
Is the Vet. level in COD 3 harder than COD 2?I'm about half way through COD3 right now, and at this point I'd say it's harder than COD2. There's been some easy sections, but a couple of spots have already been as difficult for me as anything in COD2--and that's just in the first 6 missions!

My biggest complaint is the overuse of infinite respawns and some technical issues that I don't remember being in COD2. One of the technical issues is that I've found a couple spots where you can actually get stuck if you walk too close to them (maybe my guy's wearing baggy pants).