PDA

View Full Version : this game shows why 2k > ea

SpideR NY
02-17-2006, 02:47 AM
OK this game will be total next gen. 2k sports takes there games and revamps then almost every year. Awesome new features, updated graphics, revmping things that work great to work even better. Glad 2k at least can still do baseball.

KMB 316
02-17-2006, 01:47 PM
it better be.

scoobydiesel
02-18-2006, 10:38 PM
only MLB game so just like madden you wont have a chance to really compare it inless to older or diffrent gen.
it does look good tho

SpideR NY
02-19-2006, 01:19 AM
only MLB game so just like madden you wont have a chance to really compare it inless to older or diffrent gen.
it does look good tho
EA will probally make next gen MVP NCAA

BucklingLeader
02-19-2006, 02:57 PM
it does look good tho
EA will probally make next gen MVP NCAA

i enjoyed the NCAA Baseball that EA did, was really good, hopefully theyre will be a next gen one, we'll have to see :)

nestler16
02-24-2006, 03:51 AM
the old MVP was awesome but when it went to college it just didnt thrill me.. i dont car about college baseball adn very few people do

BlitZx HyPnOsIs
04-16-2006, 02:10 AM
Dont talk like that agian....I'll delete your post next time

-BucklingLeader

CrazyCougar
04-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Well, I like this game alot but in no way does it prove 2K is better than EA. EA still has the major leading edge when it comes to baseball on the console. 2K finally took a step in the right direction by adopting EA's swing stick. Now they just need to adopt the throwing meter as well and they will be headed in the right firection completely.

Graphics, while not terrible are not Next Gen. Heck half of the player replica's in game dont even match their real life coutner parts. While that doesnt bother me to much, you would think they could have got that right. Stadiums look great and the franchise mode is fun as usual.

2k7 needs to be what 2k6 is not, and thats next gen. NCAA Baseball 2007 will go head to head with 2k7 next year and while college may not appeal to everyone, if its an awesome game it will bury 2k7.

SpideR NY
04-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, I like this game alot but in no way does it prove 2K is better than EA. EA still has the major leading edge when it comes to baseball on the console. 2K finally took a step in the right direction by adopting EA's swing stick. Now they just need to adopt the throwing meter as well and they will be headed in the right firection completely.

Graphics, while not terrible are not Next Gen. Heck half of the player replica's in game dont even match their real life coutner parts. While that doesnt bother me to much, you would think they could have got that right. Stadiums look great and the franchise mode is fun as usual.

2k7 needs to be what 2k6 is not, and thats next gen. NCAA Baseball 2007 will go head to head with 2k7 next year and while college may not appeal to everyone, if its an awesome game it will bury 2k7. I'm saying as a company 2k sports year to year innovates way more then EA sports. Madden is the same thing year after year with updated roters and like 1 new feature. I will say that EA and 2k are about even in the baseball. Hockey too. But football and basketball its not even close.

CrazyCougar
04-16-2006, 10:17 PM
How is 2K more inovative than EA? First person sporting? BAH! Thats a gimmick! 2K realizes that EA had the upper hand with the swing stick, so guess what...They put it in the game. Next up will be the throwing meter in next years game.

Hockey, 2K is leaps and bounds above EA here. Solid gameplay is the factor for this difference. EA is an arcade hockey game where 2K puts real hockey on the ice.

Football, they are both pretty much are even paced, even though people will argue that Madden took steps backwards on the 360. That it did, because they had to rush a product to meet the launch date. So you basically got a watered down Madden 2007. Madden for the Xbox blows 2K away int he defensive department while last years 2k game focused solely on offense. Innovatvation would be their stupid first person. Thats not innovative, thats all gimmick.

Basketball...cant comment..hate the sport..LOL!

NizZ8
04-17-2006, 02:11 AM
I just wish EA and 2k sports would swap their exclusive liscenses for football/baseball. EA did baseball very well w/ MVP and 2k sports rocked w/ ESPN Footbal 2k5...

Also would be good 2 note that orig post was in January... :)

KernelVizion
04-17-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm saying as a company 2k sports year to year innovates way more then EA sports. Madden is the same thing year after year with updated roters and like 1 new feature. I will say that EA and 2k are about even in the baseball. Hockey too. But football and basketball its not even close.

Way to innovate. A game that freezes on over 70% of the people who have it. Shows why 2k will NEVER I repeat NEVER be on the same level as EA.

SpideR NY
04-19-2006, 03:57 AM
NFL 2k5 on Xbox > Madden 06 on 360.
NBA 2k6 > NBA Live 06
Hockey -
Baseball -