PDA

View Full Version : Favorite UFC fighter

Otonielgt
05-01-2009, 02:47 PM
What is everyone's favorite Fighter that they are looking Foward to using in UFC:Undisputed?

I Cant wait To play as Anderson Silva:uzi:

Here is a list of all the confirmed playable fighters to help choose.

Heavyweight
Brock Lesnar
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Frank Mir
Randy Couture
Cheick Kongo
Gabriel Gonzaga
Brandon Vera
Andrei Arlovski
Mirko CroCop
Tim Sylvia
Heath Herring
Mark Coleman
Gabriel Gonzaga
Cain Velasquez
Fabricio Werdum
Antoni Hardonk
Eddie Sanchez
Justin McCully

Light Heavyweight
Forrest Griffin
Chuck Liddell
Wanderlei Silva
Quinton Jackson
Rashad Evans
Keith Jardine
Ryan Bader
Tito Ortiz
Mauricio Rua
Lyoto Machida
Thiago Silva
Stephan Bonnar
James Irvin
Houston Alexander
Ryan Bader
Kazuhiro Nakamura
Wilson Gouveia
Tim Boetsch

Middleweight
Anderson Silva
Rich Franklin
Dan Henderson
Damian Maia
Michael Bisping
Yushin Okami
Amir Sadollah
Nate Marquardt
Kendall Grove
Evan Tanner
Thales Leites
Chris Leben
Martin Kampmann
Jason McDonald
Drew McFedries
Ricardo Almeida

Welterweight
Georges St-Pierre
Matt Hughes
Diego Sanchez
Marcus Davis
Josh Koscheck
Thiago Alves
Karo Parisyan
Ben Saunders
Matt Serra
Jon Fitch
Anthony Johnson
Mike Swick
Chris Lytle
Josh Burkman
Kyle Bradley
Matt Arroyo

Lightweight
B.J. Penn
Sean Sherk
Roger Huerta
Kenny Florian
Joe Stevenson
Clay Guida
Efrain Escudero
Tyson Griffin
Gray Maynard
Mac Danzig
Frankie Edgar
Thiago Tavares
Rich Clementi
Nate Diaz
Hermes Franca
Spencer Fisher
Joe Lauzon
Mark Bocek

Trash Man
05-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Tank Abbot

Not sure if he's in the game though.

Flinton360
05-01-2009, 04:03 PM
the next lightheavy champ Machida!!!!!!!!!!!

IMAMEX
05-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Wanderlei Silva with jabs, takedowns & leg kicks will be deadly.

Takamura Bear
05-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Andy Wang.

Nah, GSP all the way. Wonder if we can tweak his nipples to turn up the Riddum. :biglaugh

xUK Assassin
05-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Anderson silva, rampage, rashad and gsp

ScottyB
05-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Wanderlei Silva with jabs, takedowns & leg kicks will be deadly.

More like Knees, Windmill hooks & leg kicks :woop:

Ill be Wand or Bisping first.

Dert McGert
05-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Kongo, but I wish they would have thrown in low blows.

L Demonic I
05-02-2009, 02:33 AM
anderson silva

Inyaface13
05-02-2009, 05:49 AM
My favorite fighter is Liddell but since hes already in the demo, I am ready to use Anderson Silva and Frank Mir.

scarfaces80
05-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Michael Bisping

Hes been awesome and got alot of UK watching UFC.Also that amazing flying knee he did on the ultimate fighter on that other english fighter just amazing.

Thelorn
05-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Nick Diaz, sure I gotta make him

Thelorn
05-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Kongo, but I wish they would have thrown in low blows.

I laughed.

ImmortalLeoman
05-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Chuck Liddell

antnie
05-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Iceman. He is crazy.

JrdRIOT
05-03-2009, 12:17 AM
My favourite MMA fighter is Andrei Arlovski.
so i'll be using him.

link31793
05-03-2009, 01:14 AM
andre and forest

st4mp
05-03-2009, 02:44 AM
Swick, and Maia but since submissions are horrible...

I can't wait to fight with Evan Tanner just to get to see him fight again :(

machonach0
05-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Swick, and Maia but since submissions are horrible...

I can't wait to fight with Evan Tanner just to get to see him fight again :(

Submissions aren't horrible, they are pretty easy. I mean you won't get a sub with Liddell on any difficulty but beginner, and to do that you have just really work leg kicks and body shots for a round or 2. Shogun can do submissions a lot easier just wait until his stamina is low (if you don't know how to see stamina then go to options and turn it on) once that green bar is almost gone just go for it, and rotate the right stick as fast as you can. I'm sure they would be even easier for someone like Maia though because he probably has the best BJJ in the UFC.

st4mp
05-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Submissions aren't horrible, they are pretty easy. I mean you won't get a sub with Liddell on any difficulty but beginner, and to do that you have just really work leg kicks and body shots for a round or 2. Shogun can do submissions a lot easier just wait until his stamina is low (if you don't know how to see stamina then go to options and turn it on) once that green bar is almost gone just go for it, and rotate the right stick as fast as you can. I'm sure they would be even easier for someone like Maia though because he probably has the best BJJ in the UFC.

I know how to submit ppl lol and they are horrible...Flash KOs but no Flash subs = broken...most subs happen in the 1st round bc later in the fight fighters get sweaty and it's hard to lock it in...so the fact that it's nigh impossible to sub in the 1st round is horrible

NathanVoiles
05-04-2009, 09:21 AM
i cant wait to recreate the griffin bonner fight

Thelorn
05-04-2009, 02:53 PM
I know how to submit ppl lol and they are horrible...Flash KOs but no Flash subs = broken...most subs happen in the 1st round bc later in the fight fighters get sweaty and it's hard to lock it in...so the fact that it's nigh impossible to sub in the 1st round is horrible

It's not impossible to submit in the first round have I have done it twice now on advanced against a CPU. I think your fingers,palm and reaction time is broken. Have you played against another real player? No you haven't otherwise you would have learned you can submit a real player in the first round pretty often. Just because you can't submit the CPU while your spamming sub and not even working the stamina bar doesn't mean subs are broke.

STONE DEVIL
05-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Forrest, Iceman, Hughes and GSP

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9820/gamersiga.jpg (http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gamersiga.jpg)

coulsonadam
05-04-2009, 07:38 PM
"THE PRODIGY" BJ PENN will rule the octagon

st4mp
05-04-2009, 10:04 PM
It's not impossible to submit in the first round have I have done it twice now on advanced against a CPU. I think your fingers,palm and reaction time is broken. Have you played against another real player? No you haven't otherwise you would have learned you can submit a real player in the first round pretty often. Just because you can't submit the CPU while your spamming sub and not even working the stamina bar doesn't mean subs are broke.

Oh my I guess you're watching me, I'll get blinds...since you clearly know I have not tried this against other players. here's your flaws:

A. Why on earth would i waste the entirety of the match giving myself ample time to be KO'd, so That i get a shot at maybe not getting reversed and end up on the bottom, when in literally 1/3rd the time I can just take him down and GnP and knock him out while taking 0 damage and 0 chances to lose the fight. It's a FLAW and anyone who can't see that is just a THQ nuthugger

B. Ya I have subbed real ppl, but does EVERYONE who buys this game have xbox live or will a large portion of their gameplay be aginst the computer..ya...

My BR Is Evil
05-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Lyoto Machida is sick, and I can't wait to play as Chris Leben, the dude is nuts.

Thelorn
05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Oh my I guess you're watching me, I'll get blinds...since you clearly know I have not tried this against other players. here's your flaws:

A. Why on earth would i waste the entirety of the match giving myself ample time to be KO'd, so That i get a shot at maybe not getting reversed and end up on the bottom, when in literally 1/3rd the time I can just take him down and GnP and knock him out while taking 0 damage and 0 chances to lose the fight. It's a FLAW and anyone who can't see that is just a THQ nuthugger

B. Ya I have subbed real ppl, but does EVERYONE who buys this game have xbox live or will a large portion of their gameplay be aginst the computer..ya...

A. So you can take someone down and GnP them with out taking any damage or zero chance of being reversed or losing. Yet you can't take someone down to submit them without giving yourself a chance to be KO'd or reversed? I would really like to see that. I mean if you can take someone down and GnP them with out getting hit or reversed it's amazing, yet you can't do the same strategy for subs when doing the same game plan. What are you doing so perfect when GnP that you don't take any damage or no chance of letting them up that you forget to do when doing the same thing but trying to finish with a submission?

B. This game is made for player vs player combat. If they added flash subs that could be pulled off anytime with out the other player being able to defend it, whether against CPU or a player wouldn't they just spam subs till one of them subs happened to flash sub him finally? It would be exploited and ruin online play as everyone would just spam subs and hope 25% of the time they pulled off a flash one. Why not add it against the CPU? Because it would be two different codes for two different modes which means more time and money. Also what would stop the player from abusing against the CPU or the CPU abusing it against the player at higher difficulties such as advanced or expert? Also you could say that player vs CPU doesn't effect online play, well it can in this case when you can use your created fighter online. So if you fought the computer and spammed flash submissions to win and raise your stats wouldn't that be unfair to the players who built their created fighter legit?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for flash submissions. Sure it would be nice to have flash submissions but as a first attempt at a new game I'm sure it would cause a lot more problems then it would make things smoother. Maybe next year.

st4mp
05-04-2009, 11:05 PM
A. So you can take someone down and GnP them with out taking any damage or zero chance of being reversed or losing. Yet you can't take someone down to submit them without giving yourself a chance to be KO'd or reversed? I would really like to see that. I mean if you can take someone down and GnP them with out getting hit or reversed it's amazing, yet you can't do the same strategy for subs when doing the same game plan. What are you doing so perfect when GnP that you don't take any damage or no chance of letting them up that you forget to do when doing the same thing but trying to finish with a submission?

B. This game is made for player vs player combat. If they added flash subs that could be pulled off anytime with out the other player being able to defend it, whether against CPU or a player wouldn't they just spam subs till one of them subs happened to flash sub him finally? It would be exploited and ruin online play as everyone would just spam subs and hope 25% of the time they pulled off a flash one. Why not add it against the CPU? Because it would be two different codes for two different modes which means more time and money. Also what would stop the player from abusing against the CPU or the CPU abusing it against the player at higher difficulties such as advanced or expert? Also you could say that player vs CPU doesn't effect online play, well it can in this case when you can use your created fighter online. So if you fought the computer and spammed flash submissions to win and raise your stats wouldn't that be unfair to the players who built their created fighter legit?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for flash submissions. Sure it would be nice to have flash submissions but as a first attempt at a new game I'm sure it would cause a lot more problems then it would make things smoother. Maybe next year.

A. I run in either pull guard or shoot the take down, if i get stuffed i pull guard. Transition to rubber immediately so you don't get punched or let him pull up. then transition to back mount with him on his knees and really lay into him with signature knees until he eventually rolls over. then transition to half guard and GnP do that for a few mins, then finally get full mount and finish it. No chance of reversal and only getting punched from a downed opponent taking 0 damage. A sub attempt will probably not 100% but probably be reversed. Putting me on bottom and sometimes mounted and very tired.

B. I agree almost 100% with what your saying but i don't like how easy it is to get into sub form. Though if you've played with new players you know that they SPAM the hell out of power shots so flash KOs can be said to be the same, now obviously when they spam power shots they will more then likely lose save for a lucky timed shot. I just am spoiled with how great and technical they made striking and GnP and how shotty and glossed over subs are. Obviously as a first real effort this game is AMAZING. We also don't know the CAF ratings yet how that will work but it has been confirmed you cannot have a "perfect" fighter. I would like subs to be more like transitions. Getting top mount is by no means easy to keep on expert, subs should be the same.

TAnderson01
05-05-2009, 06:33 AM
Forest Griffin and Brock Lesner

UnerringBiscuit
05-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Georges St. Pierre !!!!!!!!!

WildManWiles01
05-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Couture, Liddell, Griffin, Franklin, GSP, BJ Penn, Sean Sherk (I'm missing a few others)

I don't think I could get myself to play as Rashad or Tito ever. They are one in the same.

EDIT: I assumed Couture was in the game, but I just read he wasnt???

Vaatdoekje
05-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Suprised nobody said Shogun :o

thats my choice :)

Vaatdoekje

Herreno
05-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Rampage, GSP and Anderson Silva

Tem0n
05-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Maia, hopefully submissions are doable in the retail version; i have submitted CPU liddell a total of 0 times in the demo so far in about 100 attempts.

st4mp
05-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Maia, hopefully submissions are doable in the retail version; i have submitted CPU liddell a total of 0 times in the demo so far in about 100 attempts.

Agreed 300% and I guess a large portion of ppl aren't slick submission fans as it hasn't generated enough buzz with how broken-ish submissions are. I live for the submissions my main reason for watching mma, so it definatly hurts my opinion of the game Alil bit

Crazycf
05-07-2009, 09:06 PM
:woop::woop::woop:KIMBO SLICE, CHUCK LIDDEL AND QUINTON JACKSON:woop::woop::woop:
ALL THE WAYY

GeezusDylan160
05-07-2009, 09:20 PM
:woop::woop::woop:KIMBO SLICE, CHUCK LIDDEL AND QUINTON JACKSON:woop::woop::woop:
ALL THE WAYY

I might have aneurysm if your serious about Kimbo Slice........

Dert McGert
05-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Kimbo's name should never be brought up in a conversation about MMA. Period.

GeezusDylan160
05-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Kimbo's name should never be brought up in a conversation about MMA. Period.

Agreed, High fives all around to anyone who agrees

LoveAGramm
05-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Kimbo is one bad mfer' but nowhere near the calibur of a trained fighter. As for my fav...I'm a fan of Spider Silva...I love Muay Thai. I like Babalou's personality but he's been getting worked a lot lately.

st4mp
05-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Kimbo is one bad mfer' but nowhere near the calibur of a trained fighter. As for my fav...I'm a fan of Spider Silva...I love Muay Thai. I like Babalou's personality but he's been getting worked a lot lately.

umm..unless there's another babalu(babalou). He's on a 5 fight win streak and has won 15 of his past 17 fights dating back to '03 so he really in no sense has been getting worked lately. If it's not Renato Sobral you're talking about I apologize.

ValkyrieOne15
05-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Forest Griffin

LoveAGramm
05-08-2009, 11:42 PM
umm..unless there's another babalu(babalou). He's on a 5 fight win streak and has won 15 of his past 17 fights dating back to '03 so he really in no sense has been getting worked lately. If it's not Renato Sobral you're talking about I apologize.
I havent seen him recently. Last few I saw werent in his favor. I guess its been longer than I thought. Thanks for reconfirming his awesomeness.

P.S. Cant believe I forgot about GSP. He's a fucking beast!

FateofVengeance
05-11-2009, 01:03 AM
1.Rich Franklin
2.GSP
3.Anderson Silva
4.Forrest Griffin
5.Kenny Florian

Dert McGert
05-11-2009, 01:14 AM
I havent seen him recently. Last few I saw werent in his favor. I guess its been longer than I thought. Thanks for reconfirming his awesomeness.

P.S. Cant believe I forgot about GSP. He's a fucking beast!
I beat Mike Whitehead and Bobby Southworth. He is currently the Strikeforce LHW champ and is suppose to defend his title coming up.

J Lew332
05-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Tito, Henderson, and Wanderlei.

RA1NKING
05-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Wandy , Wandy and some more Wandy...

Otonielgt
05-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Lyotto machita Will deffinatly be one of the first people i use.

AceBLOODSHED
05-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Rich Franklin
Matt Hughes
Sean Sherk
Kenny Florian