PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero : Van Halen Achievements Leaked?

NightListenerUK
05-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Just thought id post this:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=214162

Some of them look tough - and time consuming which is awesome in my book, I'm sick of easy achievements!

Some of them are similar to GH3 achievements - maybe the same guy that made them made these?

In other news - raining blood is gonna be in smash hits! :D

Taker447
05-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Well that list looks like it will be fun and exciting to unlock....

Looks to me as it will be as much fun as Aerosmith.

DubaiESP
05-02-2009, 01:29 AM
I hope not...

Heners
05-02-2009, 10:52 AM
thanks-you(:
<333

Itsbrown4606
05-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Alright, that it. I'm sick and tired of Guitar Hero games with 800 semi-easy points and the rest are bullshit. I'm not buying this game, period, if that's the list.

SuperNova X2X
05-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Alright, that it. I'm sick and tired of Guitar Hero games with 800 semi-easy points and the rest are bullshit. I'm not buying this game, period, if that's the list.
I'm with Brown on this one too.

MrGuitarZombie
05-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Yeah guitar hero games that are made for a band turn out bad, Aerosmith sucks so much, Metallica glitched up and i dont feel like playing it and Van Halen holy hell why?

What The Buck?
05-02-2009, 03:54 PM
I know i'm gonna probably get flamed for this but honestly...Van Halen suck.

They have, like, one good song (Hot for Teacher) and thats it.

Lordvader178
05-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Chievs look relatively easy. The pain (for me) would be getting a band to play with -_-

I'm confused. Why would you get flamed? They do suck.

Der Fuhrer
05-02-2009, 04:09 PM
I am not getting this game, Guitar Hero achievements just piss me off.

Crimson Ridley
05-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Chievs look relatively easy.

Do they? You can't sing expert vocals or play Expert+ drums...

So they can't possibly look relatively easy... not for you anyway, maybe for other people. :p

Xterm1n8or
05-03-2009, 12:10 AM
If this is the real list:

1984 55 GP (complete a career on Expert+)

Does this mean guitar, bass and vocals will have Expert+? As it says 'a career on Expert+' , not 'drums career on Expert+'.

If so, hell yes, we need harder guitar. Otherwise, this list is most likely fake.

Also, the list is very inconsistent with descriptions towards the end...

dm master
05-03-2009, 01:54 PM
I agree with Xterminator. This list just seems fake to me near the end it just goes odd...

Like 5 start all songs on drums, 5 star all songs on Expert vocals Why not on expert drums??

NightListenerUK
05-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Well Im glad this thread wasnt a total failure. I just want to see some more GH3 like achievements but it seems those days are gone.

Activision are aiming at a wider audience nowadays which means achievements are easier - songs are easier. Whereas I hate to say it but rockband is getting harder, as much as I dislike what that game did to music games.

Achievements might be fake, who knows. We dont even have a release date do we?

Coadster1
05-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Some of them look hard.

good ol boy366
05-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Achievements might be fake, who knows. We dont even have a release date do we?

i don't think the game has even been officially announced....i'm 99% sure that they are 100% fake.

Soulcrusher RIP
05-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Expert+ career? I MUST get my 2nd kick pedal.
2feet1pedal wont' work.

Bobafettjm
05-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Looks like a pretty typical list of achievements for a Guitar Hero game to me. I really wish they would start coming up with more unique achievements like the use the whammy on all held notes achievement in Guitar Hero III.

CriscoDisco878
05-05-2009, 01:14 AM
unless the engine is different eruption might be impossible to 5 star. im sure its very impossible to 100% too. and vocals 5 star on expert also will be impossible for me. if it were rock band it'd be different. let's all hope this isn't true

CriscoDisco878
05-05-2009, 01:15 AM
i don't think the game has even been officially announced....i'm 99% sure that they are 100% fake.

its announced. comes out August 2nd, its announcement was kinda overshadowed by smash hits. but it is coming out.

sorry for the double post. and found the info at my local gamestop

good ol boy366
05-05-2009, 07:14 PM
its announced. comes out August 2nd, its announcement was kinda overshadowed by smash hits. but it is coming out.

sorry for the double post. and found the info at my local gamestop

wow...well, then i guess the list could be real...i'm still gonna lean towards it being a fake though.

B4d33nD
05-09-2009, 12:51 PM
So you guys aren't getting the game because the achievements suck. That's stupid. You don't buy a game to get a few achievements. Especially not Guitar Hero. That's not the point of the game.

missy kitty
05-10-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about these achievements, almost completely sure they are fake.

First of all, they only add up to 835

Second, the achievement Diamond in the Rough doesnt even have a gs value

Third, nobody uses the abbreviation GP, is always GS

Fourth, the list goes in order of lowest GS to highest, meaning that the missing gs for Diamond in the Rough wont fill it up to 1000

Whoever came up with that list was just trying to be cool or something by being the first to know, which is dumb because everyone will eventually find out the real achievements, and his list was poorly planned (835!)

This person just kinda came up with some of the same achievements we've seen and gave them all names that make sense, but I really doubt all the 5 starring stuff

ApochWeiss
05-10-2009, 03:33 PM

They have, like, one good song (Hot for Teacher) and thats it.

...Second.

The ONLY reason I rented this one is because of some of the "support" acts. Mercyful Fate, Diamond Head, Slayer, Mastodon...had loads of fun playing them. Metallica? Not so much...

Itsbrown4606
05-11-2009, 02:52 AM
So you guys aren't getting the game because the achievements suck. That's stupid. You don't buy a game to get a few achievements. Especially not Guitar Hero. That's not the point of the game.

What website are we at again? I forget... is it.. Xbox360Games.org?

Right now, I have 3 Guitar Heroes at somewhere in the 730-880 range, and only one that is 1000'd. I have Rock Band 2, and it's 1000'd with no problem. The biggest turn off for anyone who wants to play Guitar Hero AND is an achievement hunter are bullshit achievements like "Get 101% on the hardest song in the game on Expert++++++ difficulty."

Granted, this list is likely fake, but if the real achievements are anything like Metallica's (and require a WT drum kit for Tutorials), then damn it to hell.

Bobafettjm
05-11-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm not saying I won't get the game because of the achievements, but I certainly am not excited by the achievements and am a little tired of every Guitar Hero game having pretty much the same achievements. I probably won't get the game until it is bargain bin because I am not a huge Van Halen fan.

dakisbac
05-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Don't worry about getting a band together Vader, you could always play with me. On bass of course :)

Achvs do look relatively easy actually

Ragingchickens3
05-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Come on that can't be real? Theres no way. As pointe dout, the achievements are incosistent and just plain weird. And if it is real, I am SO tired of the "Get an 8x band Multiplier" and "Activate star power at the same time" They drive me crazy. Every single game has those achievements. I guess they're just running out of ideas...

JVViz
05-14-2009, 09:51 PM
First, I agree with many others saying the list is fake.

Second, some of the achievements for GH III were plain dumb, such as: Tone Deaf: Beat a song with the sound turned off
Buy a Guitar Already: Finish a career on hard/expert with a standard controller.

Third, I actually like Van Halen. So yes, I am excited for this game whether it has bad achievements or not. ;)

henry8721
05-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Wow, some very difficult...

LoveAGramm
05-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Regardless of the suckage or awesomenicity...I'll be forced to play it because. I am an achievement whore, but at least whores get paid.

Ragingchickens3
05-15-2009, 01:40 AM
OK now I am 100% sure this is fake. The achievement "Have You Seen His Grades" for beating a tutorial gave it away for me. Being a VH fan, I know that this quote comes from the song "The Crade Will Rock" in which it says "Have you seen juniors grades" not his grades. Therefore, that really doesn't make much sense seeing on how it would say juniors instead of his. This is a horrible fake. I mean it's so obvious. Forget you ever saw that list guys because it's not true.

BanefulKiller89
05-15-2009, 03:02 AM
Oh goody more 5 star everything on expert achievements :/. I hate the fact that they make achievements for beating things on expert, actually I take that back I only hate vocals because I can play drums and guitar on expert :). Anyways one of those was to 5 star Eruption on guitar, I mean come on! Otherwise ok achievements.

Rodni Demental
05-15-2009, 04:11 AM
What are you people complaining about... Assuming the list to be real (which it probably won't be) it'd be pretty good really. Why should it be an easy 1000? Getting all the achievements should cover every aspect of the game as far as it's completion goes and 5*ing everything is part of that. And as some one said, 800 or so easy points anyway so you still get something out of it. I miss the challenge of 5*ing all of Expert from GH3 so I hope they bring it back.

Lordvader178
05-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Do they? You can't sing expert vocals or play Expert+ drums...

From the demo, dunno about the real game, yes, i can sing expert vocals, and i bought another bass pedal from EB games, and i can play expert WT drums, and expert+ is just more foot pedal, so i stand by what i said http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/lordvader178/khk.jpg

Would You Kindly
05-16-2009, 07:53 PM
You guys are just pissed you suck at music games. They are called achievements for a reason. Fucking achieve them.

xesx StarFox
05-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Thank you never 1st. Exactly what I was thinking.

Itsbrown4606
05-19-2009, 01:31 AM
You guys are just pissed you suck at music games. They are called achievements for a reason. Fucking achieve them.

...Wow, and what do you play now?