PDA

View Full Version : My Xbox is dieing

eggnog
12-14-2006, 09:20 PM
Shitshitshit...

This is horrible. Every time I go into a game (disc, not hard-drive stored), everything seems to be OK, I can navigate the menus (most of the time) but when I get into the game and can actually control something, my xbox freezes. No lights of death, no error message, nothing. Just plain out stops working.

Before you ask, I've gone through all of the Rep's from 1-800-4MY-XBOX troubleshooting bullshit, cleared my cache, unplugged the HDD, bypassed the surge protector (straight into wall) and even unplugged the vision camera. And it's not overheating, either. None of these things seem to work, as no matter what I do, or what disc I use, it still freezes.

If ANYONE has suggestions or remedies besides paying 140-fucking-dollars (my 90 day warranty ran out...I thought it was a year?) to wait two weeks for another Xbox, please let me know.

Thanks in advance, I hope,
Eggnog:(

P.S. I was supposed to bring my 360 to New York for Christmas when I go see my dad, but that is quickly fading from view.

Bopher1
12-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Same thing happened to my 1st one. You didnt get a Warranty though the place you bought it from? That sucks.. I think the only way is to go through M$

eggnog
12-14-2006, 09:46 PM
OK, scratch that, Arcade games are also freezing. This is really gay.

I'm going to have to get my xbox serviced for $140. When this will happen, I have no idea. It also triply (sp?) sucks because almost all the stuff I asked for this Christmas were for my 360...

Bopher1
12-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Hm, that is weird, how can the Arcade games not even work.. Mine did on my first console.. That is really weird. Did Microsoft ever say what they thought was wrong at all?

MrIntencity
12-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Two words guys: Best Buy

they have the sweetest no questions asked warranty plans.

eggnog
12-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Two words guys: Best Buy

they have the sweetest no questions asked warranty plans.

One problem, I didn't get it at Best Buy...Unless you are implying that I return it there anyways... I shall try this if nothing else seems to be going well! :woop: