PDA

View Full Version : Screw Eb Games.

Bopher1
12-14-2006, 09:28 PM
:rant:Alright, yesterday morning, my 360 wouldn't read any of my game discs, and when it did, it would give me the 'Put this disc in a Xbox 360' screen. The weird thing, it would still play DVDs... Lord knows how.. But so I was like, alright cool.. I have a 1 yr. Warranty through Eb Games when I got my 2nd one in July..

But wait... I left the receipt in Ohio, where everything in that house is now gone. But then I was thinking, Hm.. maybe Eb has it stored somewhere or somethign along those lines, or even if they did it locally, the one here could call the one in Ohio and confirm it or something.. Boy how naieve I am.. So, I call the Eb out here about 5 minutes ago, asking what I can do. The guy tells me that all I can do is trade it in and get $150. He said that the only way I could use the warranty was if I had the receipt.

So now I don't know what to do, I invested almost $500 just for the console ($400 for the system, $80 for the Warrantys x2) and now.. I really can't do much. Even if I trade it in, I wouldnt have enough money to even get a used 360, since currently I only have $20 in my wallet. So now I am pissed, and running out of options..

But Eb can kiss my :ass.

MrIntencity
12-14-2006, 09:40 PM
There may be hope if you paid by credit/debit card. Did you?

Bopher1
12-14-2006, 09:43 PM
I paid cash for my 360, and both Warrantys... So.. I guess that idea won't work.

Im a Manatee
12-14-2006, 09:46 PM
I can't really see why you are complaining. You left it there, it's your fault. I can't tell Paul that peters stuff is mine, and expect him to hand it over.

Bopher1
12-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Yes, but you'd think a Nationwide company would keep track of those things, but I guess that is why they are a business.

D1SC0NNECTED
12-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Wow Manatee, settle down man. He's obviously a little miffed since his xbox is lying dead, give him a break. ;)

To me, it sounds as if it might be cheaper just to call Xbox support and send it in. Doesn't it cost something like $129?

Im a Manatee
12-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Remember, this is the same company that told me there were chip-fryers inside of my Ps2 to break it if I mistreated it.

Bopher1
12-14-2006, 09:55 PM
I doubt it was the company telling you that, probably the dumbass that worked there.

RiddlingCat
12-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Wow Manatee, settle down man. He's obviously a little miffed since his xbox is lying dead, give him a break. ;)

To me, it sounds as if it might be cheaper just to call Xbox support and send it in. Doesn't it cost something like $129?

That's what I would do; call 1800 4 MY XBOX, tell them your problem, and just get them to replace the console.

Bopher1
12-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Well, my brother in law has a 360 as well, and I live with him, so if anything.. I'l just take my $150 and use his.. I just hope I get to keep my HDD.. but I doubtit since it would be a trade-in and they need everything it originally came with.

RiddlingCat
12-14-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm pretty sure you can trade in the console without the HDD; you won't get as much, but it should be possible.

Bopher1
12-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Good, because I'll just save up for a Wii, and then before Halo 3 comes out.. I'll just get another 360.. hopefully with 500% less problems.

Korix
12-15-2006, 01:06 AM
The hard drive goes in separately, keep it.

Hoboking25
12-15-2006, 01:18 AM
I work at an EB and I deal with this kinda thing all the time. It totally sucks that systems break down or games get destroyed but, yeah, with out a receipt our hands are totally tied. The problem is that we can't tell if your system is hot and then broke down or whether you even had the warranty on an item at all.
It would be nice if we had an accessible database with everyone's info on it but, if you think about it this company does hundreds of thousands of transactions a day with attached warranties and GPG's on tons of items and really it's just not feasible to have all of this readily available at a corner store level.
So yeah, I'm sorry it happened, and as one of the guys behind the counter I totally sympathize with the situation, I feel bad everytime I have to deal with one of these problems, but yeah...kinda lost my train of thought there :) anyways shit happens
P.S. Yeah hard drive is a seperate trade as mentioned before so you can keep your saves and stuff

Bopher1
12-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Well I take it I will only get like.. around $100 minus the HDD? Oh well, it's better than paying $120, which I dont have, to get it fixed.. Now just to see when shipments of the Wii are getting here...

MrIntencity
12-15-2006, 03:21 PM
It would be nice if we had an accessible database with everyone's info on it but, if you think about it this company does hundreds of thousands of transactions a day with attached warranties and GPG's on tons of items and really it's just not feasible to have all of this readily available at a corner store level.

Best Buy does it (not to knock the counter guy)-- and are you SURE you cant look it up a transaction by credit card number?

Hoboking25
12-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Your credit card statement would show a purchase, but the POS operating in EB gives you absolutely no option to look up stuff with a credit card number (at least in Canada). Besides when a transaction is done only the last four credit card numbers are recorded on the receipt the other 12 are *'s to keep people from stealing.

SixtyeightState
12-17-2006, 06:00 AM
EB is way better than Gamestop in my book. But hey, anyones 360 having problems is a bad day.

Best of luck Bopher.

PerpetualHeaven
12-17-2006, 06:40 AM
EB is way better than Gamestop in my book. But hey, anyones 360 having problems is a bad day.

Best of luck Bopher.

Considering EB is owned by gamestop. They were bought out a while ago that's why EB is starting to suck major gonads.
I think they should have a membership base that way they can scan your card through.

SaiSpag
12-17-2006, 04:54 PM
If you used a Games Reward Card then maybe the transaction data will be on your card record? Does EB Games have a reward card system?
Over here they used to. Then they changed their name to Game, and now their shite.

Emerson
12-17-2006, 05:38 PM
I've always hated EB. Around here, all EBs and GameStops suck except for one GameStop which is ok.

Anyway, my 360 was exactly the same. Stopped playing games, but played DVDs. Only lasted a few days, and then it played nothing.

PerpetualHeaven
12-17-2006, 06:08 PM
If you used a Games Reward Card then maybe the transaction data will be on your card record? Does EB Games have a reward card system?
Over here they used to. Then they changed their name to Game, and now their shite.
It's just a card that they call a membership but it only holds eb store credit and gives you discounts and stuff. Nothing with name or anything like that.
They should make something like that though. So for frequent buyers they could give them coupons and stuff. I think it would make them popular.

Im a Manatee
12-18-2006, 03:56 AM
Considering EB is owned by gamestop. They were bought out a while ago that's why EB is starting to suck major gonads.
I think they should have a membership base that way they can scan your card through.

They aren't owned by gamestop, it was a merger between Babbages, EB, and gamestop last November.

Jackyboy86
12-18-2006, 04:28 AM
They aren't owned by gamestop, it was a merger between Babbages, EB, and gamestop last November.
but that still makes it the same people

PerpetualHeaven
12-18-2006, 04:43 AM

Exactly, bought out by EB Games. Gamestop bought out EB Games which led them to them merging which in turn means they're in the same enterprise.

"Prior to an October 2005 merger, when it became a wholly-owned subsidiary of GameStop Corp. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameStop)"

xX DaSecret Xx
12-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Wow I'm glad I payed mine with a credit card. Mines broken once and I just took it in and got a new one that same day. Personally, I like EB and Best Buy the most.

FragEmAndSmile
12-19-2006, 09:09 PM
I got my 360 at an EB here in the states where I'm pretty good with all the full timers that work there. Store Manager told me that if I had lost the receipt they had scanned the serial # of my console and could pull it up that way....just a thought.

Legend
12-19-2006, 09:13 PM
yo guys i keep seeing threads where ppl's 360's screw them over and i havent even had 1 problem with mine except a gay ass call of duty game...

Bopher1
12-20-2006, 04:33 AM
I got my 360 at an EB here in the states where I'm pretty good with all the full timers that work there. Store Manager told me that if I had lost the receipt they had scanned the serial # of my console and could pull it up that way....just a thought.

Well, back in Ohio.. I was like that with the people there.. but the people at this EB in Colorado sucks... They are major douches.