PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on commentary

Dert McGert
05-01-2009, 08:28 PM
This game has great commentary. Really spot on. I am very suprised by how clear and to the point they are, even making seem like it was on tv.

But the so far was the fans started booing me. Goldie said something to Joe about the booing and Rogan replied with something about drinking another beer and going to the circus.

Takamura Bear
05-01-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm impressed with the commentary as well. Very good. Obviously it gets repetitive but that is to be expected. But it does seem to be quite deep and very authentic to the real thing.

Plus, there will be so much more commentary for the other fighters in the full game e.g. Joe and Mike discussions about other fighter's skills/history etc.

I haven't heard that one about the fans booing & and beer drinking lol.

Dert McGert
05-01-2009, 11:02 PM
They even have Goldie going as far as to correct himself. He says "left jab, excuse me, hook."

Takamura Bear
05-02-2009, 01:43 AM
They even have Goldie going as far as to correct himself. He says "left jab, excuse me, hook."

Yeah, I like that little touch. Also when you get to side control Joe says "he's in half guard, excuse me, side control".

Inyaface13
05-02-2009, 05:51 AM
Yeah I think they did the best job on commentary, You notice they make a few mistakes and call the fight almost perfect. The only thing I noticed that was off was when you win a fight by ko, tko, or whatever they keep talking about what they were talking about. Like they would be talking slowly about chucks pass fights and then I would win by a bamfko and they would keep talking about the past fights like it didnt happen.

IMAMEX
05-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Commentary is cool so far. Did anyone else notice that Goldie calls Shogun "Murilo"? I thought that was pretty funny.

Dert McGert
05-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Commentary is cool so far. Did anyone else notice that Goldie calls Shogun "Murilo"? I thought that was pretty funny.
LOL, just like in real life.

st4mp
05-03-2009, 11:36 PM

They take direct commentary from actual UFC matches, which is just beautiful. Like the "Liddell is the only fighter...well one of the only fighters who is just as dangerous backing up" That's from the Jardine v. Liddell fight. I just watched that like last night on UFC wired. I heard it and I was like wow I've heard that before lol