PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Headset Issues

RiddlingCat
12-14-2006, 11:03 PM
"Microsoft has publicly acknowledged the issues affecting some Xbox 360 wireless headsets. The Xbox Global Marketing team has posted the following message on their Gamerscore blog:

We have received feedback from some customers that they have experienced issues while using the Xbox 360 Wireless Headset, including difficulty syncing the headset to the controller, reception interference and audio sensitivity when playing action-packed games like Gears of War. We are committed to providing the highest quality accessories for Xbox 360 and would like to assist in troubleshooting and resolving those issues, whether by replacing or repairing the units under warranty. We encourage anyone experiencing issues with the Wireless Headset to call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX. "

Wet Factory
12-14-2006, 11:40 PM
that's good news and bad news. .now i have to waste time talking to them on the phone and possibly sending it back and getting a new one. i thought they was just going to make a patch or something.

Smokez
12-14-2006, 11:53 PM
So If you have a wireless headset you need to call in and u will get a new one?

RiddlingCat
12-15-2006, 12:02 AM
To Wet: Well I'm picking one up soon, so I'm not exactly sure what the problems are. If they were physical problems, a patch would be useless since it wouldn't be able to fix the actual headset.

To Smokez: Yes, if you're experiencing problems with your wireless headset, call in and they'll either fix yours or just give you a new one.

Kaens
12-15-2006, 01:26 AM
I actually have a wireless headset and when it works it's great. I cannot keep it bound to the 1 slot and then it will only go to 2-4 so it's a bitch.

Wet Factory
12-15-2006, 02:52 PM
the problem with the headset is that sometimes when your in a game or a lobby the wireless headset users will start to hum. they cant hear it but everybody else can. the second thing is that the speaking part is way to sensitive. it picks up everything, even the other people's talk so the wireless users help produce an echo in the game. ill use it when boosting but when playing serious games ill use the wired one so other people stop bitching. if i knew microsoft would send me a fixed one for sure and not one with the same problems then i probably send it in.

Wet Factory
12-15-2006, 02:57 PM
if these problems were fixed the headset will rule. i always get up and put my controller down to forget that im wired to the headset still.

Buttcheeks
12-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Mine works fine about 80% of the time and occasionally someone will tell me when it starts to hum so i shut it off and back on and it fixes the problem. If it was a real issue i would definately call and get it fixed or replaced.

MrIntencity
12-15-2006, 03:13 PM
if these problems were fixed the headset will rule. i always get up and put my controller down to forget that im wired to the headset still.

Yeah I'll get all the way to the bathroom before I realize the the controllers still attached...

then it ends up in the toilet- just bad news all around- very bad news