PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?.

LukeWnek
05-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Im thinking of picking it up just not sure if its as good as other GHs.

Heners
05-02-2009, 10:51 AM
yes deffs worth a buy mateeeeeeee-o

Lordvader178
05-02-2009, 03:24 PM
You serious?

Your talking about Guitar Hero, one of the greatest franchises that ever came out of the music genre.

Your talking about Metallica, the defining Thrash Metal band in the Thrash Metal genre, and the fact they are one of the best bands ever, that are still around today.

Your talking about putting the two of them together.

Do the math.

PHIL 421
05-02-2009, 03:30 PM
It's got a shorter song list but I still plan on getting it. First I have to get the band kit for world tour though.

MrGuitarZombie
05-02-2009, 03:42 PM
It is worth the money, but it is short, not that many songs, but its more harder which to me is good cuz all the other games are easy

IncensedCape
05-02-2009, 04:15 PM
You serious?

Your talking about Guitar Hero, one of the greatest franchises that ever came out of the music genre.

Your talking about Metallica, the defining Thrash Metal band in the Thrash Metal genre, and the fact they are one of the best bands ever, that are still around today.

Do the math.

*The Math*

Guitar Hero + Metallica = :rock

Tmasta17
05-10-2009, 07:41 AM
I personally like this game better than world tour, the songs are more fun and some have challenging charts unlike world tour where every song on expert felt like medium

LoveAGramm
05-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Its good but I felt it was a little too short

Mycatisbigfoot
05-10-2009, 08:04 PM
buy the game with giutar and get the world tour kit with game, so you can have 4 people play, also buy the secondary kick pedal (you can only get it online tho)

Deathblow23
05-10-2009, 09:09 PM
It's only short because career plays different than the others...with the stars earned setup. If you aren't concerned about "completing" the game as fast as possible...then it's not short. If you plan on playing every song then it's not short. some of these songs are 8-9 minutes long...which would be 2 World tour songs. "Orion"..."Disposable Heroes"...those are just 2 examples.

Like stated above...the charts are soooooooooo fun to play...and a fe wof them are crazy hard in places. The cheevos are easily attainable except for roughly 150 points...the ones involving high scores. The songs Neversoft chose are great as well. If you love metal...and/or like Metallica and you're remotely into Guitar Hero...then this game is a must buy. It will remain in my game library forever...it will not ever be traded.

kevinbeck12713
05-11-2009, 12:12 AM
This is my favorite guitar hero.

Keeping in mind i have played every guitar hero, and have now grown to HATE the guitar hero franchise because its hardly guitar hero anymore, they pretty much copied rock band...

But i make an exception for this kick ass game.:rock

Xedoss
05-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Don't have it yet, but have it on pre-orders. Damn you America, for already having it (yes, that is jealousy talking). So I pre-ordered a region free copy and hopefully have it in a couple of days, instead of the 25th :).

Cheezbrgr
05-11-2009, 09:50 PM
You serious?

Do the math.

Metallica are in NO WAY thrash =<

Bands like Kreator are thrash.
Metallica also has tons of softer songs i.e the unforgiven.

Breadhead
05-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I'll suggest this is a good game if you are a Metallica-fan. If you're not: Just dont buy it...

MK English Jash
05-11-2009, 09:56 PM
if your a metallica fan then yes

LoveAGramm
05-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Don't have it yet, but have it on pre-orders. Damn you America, for already having it (yes, that is jealousy talking). So I pre-ordered a region free copy and hopefully have it in a couple of days, instead of the 25th :).
Good luck with that one. :woop:

Onslaught_fei
05-12-2009, 06:19 AM
Metallica are in NO WAY thrash =<

Bands like Kreator are thrash.
Metallica also has tons of softer songs i.e the unforgiven.

Not to derail the topic but Metallics first 4 albums were thrash metal true and true. Yes Kreator is thrash as is Onslaught, Overkill, Annihilator, Testament, Warbringer, Sodom, Destruction, Exodus, Evile, Skeleton Witch, Death Angel, and my personal favorite CORONER!

Cheezbrgr
05-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Not to derail the topic but Metallics first 4 albums were thrash metal true and true. Yes Kreator is thrash as is Onslaught, Overkill, Annihilator, Testament, Warbringer, Sodom, Destruction, Exodus, Evile, Skeleton Witch, Death Angel, and my personal favorite CORONER!

But their shifting of style is what got them world acclaim? All their popular songs in this game are from newer albums (black album, especially)

CRAZYCJ20
05-12-2009, 11:22 PM
This game is a must buy if you enjoy Guitar Hero and enjoy Metallica. Worth every penny.