PDA

View Full Version : PlayOnline?

Megafones x360a
05-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Will PlayOnline be managing the online aspect of this game like with FFXI, it really sucked, (and no I'm not a tight arse) but having to pay for the game, then Xbox LIVE fees, and THEN PlayOnline fee's on top of it all was a real bitch.

The Pants Party
05-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Unless I've missed something, this is only going to be a traditional single player RPG.

Omega Supreme
05-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Get your facts straight first! You do NOT have to have XBL Gold in order to play FFXI! Silver is enough. And POL is constantly updating and bug fixing. More then in any other MMO...

Cilantro Cortez
05-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Get your facts straight first! You do NOT have to have XBL Gold in order to play FFXI! Silver is enough. And POL is constantly updating and bug fixing. More then in any other MMO...

Here Here!

Megafones x360a
05-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Ok Mr Supreme read what I said but without the ''Xbox LIVE fees'' part then come back to me with a suitable answer to the question; Will PlayOnline be managing Final Fantasy XIII or not, by that I mean, will I be able to just put the disc in and start playing with people via XBL or will I have to register accounts and sort out subscription costs e.t.c...

XXII Death IIXX
06-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Unless I've missed something, this is only going to be a traditional single player RPG.
That's what I thought.

PaTrIcK_88
06-15-2009, 05:26 PM
so this game is all offline single player?

LilGurgi
07-21-2009, 07:22 PM
From what I've read, this will be your traditional single player offline RPG.

Bloody_Hitman666
08-01-2009, 06:25 AM
Ok Mr Supreme read what I said but without the ''Xbox LIVE fees'' part then come back to me with a suitable answer to the question; Will PlayOnline be managing Final Fantasy XIII or not, by that I mean, will I be able to just put the disc in and start playing with people via XBL or will I have to register accounts and sort out subscription costs e.t.c...

from what the pants party is saying is that this is only a single player game no online. so no you dont have to sign up or register for anything. at least thats what he is hearing and im hearing and hoping it is. im not really sure what final fantasy online was like but for final fantasy XIII im pretty sure there going back to the turn based game. I mean if this game is online it would probably be really cool, but i dont think your going to have to pay for it.

Euvel
08-04-2009, 04:33 AM
I think someone got FFXIII confused with another one of its titles or FFXIV.

Final Fantasy 13 - Single player (Final Fantasy 12 gameplay but you will be moved to a set area like how ChronoCross was. I feel I didn't explain that well. http://na.square-enix.com/ff13/ There is combat gameplay in the trailer)

Like those in Final Fantasy XII, enemies are integrated into the world environment. Yet unlike Final Fantasy XII battles do not take place in the same "dimension", but rather a short flash transports players to a new battle screen, separate from the main playing world. The Active Time Battle (ATB) system will return, but it works differently from its predecessors. Users will be able to chain large numbers of commands together in order to achieve attack bonuses.

Final Fantasy Versus 13 - Single player (similar Kingdom Hearts gameplay, PS3 exclusive as far as I've heard.)

Final Fantasy Agito 13 - Multiplayer (similar Crisis Core gameplay, PSP exclusive)

Final Fantasy 14 - MMO (All I know is from this site http://www.thefinalfantasy14.com/ and http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/
PS3/Windows only. I'm already assuming it will come out for 360 as well. No play online system here! THANK GOD!)

@Bloody_Hitman666
Final Fantasy 11 - Awesome MMO that requires a lot of time and a group of people to really do anything. A bit slow paced and story lacking though. (I'm only level 24 out of 75 so don't listen to my opinion.)

Atroxx70
09-10-2009, 02:16 AM
Why do people keep thinking this game will be an MMO just like FFXI? FFXII came out and it was totally single player and had absolutely nothing to do with Playonline at all. This is the second place I've seen people posting random crap assuming there will be a monthly fee to play this game.

Solaryt
09-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Why do people keep thinking this game will be an MMO just like FFXI? FFXII came out and it was totally single player and had absolutely nothing to do with Playonline at all. This is the second place I've seen people posting random crap assuming there will be a monthly fee to play this game.

Its because people keep getting 13 mixed up with the new FF MMO coming out (wich is 14 i believe).

Kairi
09-10-2009, 08:29 PM
PlayOnline has absolutely nothing to do with Final Fantasy XIII. I also heard that Final Fantasy XIV (the MMORPG) will NOT be using PlayOnline, so I wouldn't worry about it.

DarkSeraphim198
09-18-2009, 04:45 PM
This game is purely an offline-based RPG with no online play or online fees. FF14 will be the next in the series for online play.

Hot Juicy Pie
10-14-2009, 01:44 PM
From what I've read, this will be your traditional single player offline RPG.
Completely lost interest in this game right there.

Ihazcandy4you
10-18-2009, 11:24 PM

How many JRPGs have been good with multiplayer? or RPGs in general? RPGs dont work very well with multiplayer, especially not ones that are so story driven.

xentaria
12-02-2009, 12:48 AM
IMO it would be nice to see some kind of an online element to FFXIII, I know RPGs and multiplayer dont always go too well together, but even if it was a mini game u could play online with a leaderboard or something. What would be super sweet would be an online card game similar to FF8 and FF9, play to keep, trade cards etc.
Thats just my opinion tho.

Lord Yamikage
12-05-2009, 08:17 PM

What the? Final Fantasy series are build from the JRPG. Anyone who played the previous FF series know at least what to expect from the FF-XIII, right? I don't understand how you lost interest in the FF if you played FF before.

Shelton
12-10-2009, 06:28 AM

Completely gained interest right there.

Seriously though, single player RPG's is where it is at. I don't play MMO's, I don't want some sort of silly Fable type co-op. All I want is to experience the game on my own terms.

FFXIII sounds perfect to me.

xAHAx Skywalker
12-10-2009, 05:49 PM
100% agree with ^

I own every main FF since the first (many sealed too...yes Im a fan) and they need to stick with single player mode IMO. I have dabbled with MMORPGs and am quite upset that FF14 is going that route the same as 11 did.

FF XIII is going to put a big slow down on my gamerscore increase ..... but I know it will be worth it

xentaria
12-11-2009, 10:11 PM
100% agree with ^

I own every main FF since the first (many sealed too...yes Im a fan) and they need to stick with single player mode IMO. I have dabbled with MMORPGs and am quite upset that FF14 is going that route the same as 11 did.

FF XIII is going to put a big slow down on my gamerscore increase ..... but I know it will be worth it

Don't you think it's AN UTTER SIN that 11 and 14 have been titled as part of the main series, they should've been presented as spin of titles like Final Fantasy Online.

Cypher_Cobra
12-11-2009, 11:37 PM
I liked the co-op style of FF9, it's not very intrusive and at least lets someone play alongside you.

crabbycrabcrab
12-12-2009, 03:41 AM
I dont remember co op in ff9 :s

Cypher_Cobra
12-12-2009, 10:18 AM
I dont remember co op in ff9 :s

It's under one of the options, where you can change the color of the windows and set ATB. You can assign any of the 4 party members to controller port 1 or 2.

My friend and I divide the roles in half.

It even remembers which characters port 1 and 2 control after you turn the game off.

xentaria
12-13-2009, 10:19 PM
lol I remember watching the Charlies Angels movie and at the part when Drew Barrymore fell into a window, two kids were playing FF8 two player, talk about a movie mistake lol.