PDA

View Full Version : Columns ... how to set to novice on arcade?

natzybawz
05-02-2009, 11:53 PM
So I've left this achievement until last as I'm hopeless at these types of games, im trying the method where you leave a space for the empty box and you get 10,000 points, but i still cant reach 20k.

I know that you have to do it on easy, arcade mode. However on a lot of the forums that I've been reading it says that the easiest way get the achievement is to set the game to novice and start at level 5. So i done this and started a single player game and got like 35k and the achievement didn't unlock coz when i set it to novice and level 5 in the menu it put me straight into "original" mode, and not "arcade" mode.

So basically what I'm asking is if it is possible to set the level to 5 and novice in arcade mode, and if so, HOW DO YOU DO IT? This is driving me mental, so if anyone could help that would be great!

Cheers

natzybawz
05-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Ha ... never mind, I didn't figure out how to set level 5 novice on arcade, i just set it to easy on option and played from level 1 and managed to get it from pausing it and stuff. Thank the lord! I've now unlocked everything!

JaxTH
05-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Ha ... never mind, I didn't figure out how to set level 5 novice on arcade, i just set it to easy on option and played from level 1 and managed to get it from pausing it and stuff. Thank the lord! I've now unlocked everything!

There is an easier way. You don't even have to do arcade actually.

divinecc
05-08-2009, 12:09 AM
There is an easier way. You don't even have to do arcade actually.

Details please.

Behelit Outlaw
05-31-2009, 11:26 PM
Details please.

Yeah please ...

collapsedbeef
06-03-2009, 04:30 AM
Details please.

I figured out what he's talking about - I jsut unlocked the achievement that way.

From the main menu go to
Menu
Original Game - 1 Player
Class - Novice
Level - 0
Time Trial - No

Another trick I came across is whenever it starts going stupid fast. Bring up the menu and make a save, for some reason the game will be a lot slower and controllable for about a minute or so.

Hope this helps!

x_Nazz_x
06-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Didn't seem to work for me, but just done it in arcade mode :woop:

Xeogred
06-27-2009, 05:56 AM
I figured out what he's talking about - I jsut unlocked the achievement that way.

From the main menu go to
Menu
Original Game - 1 Player
Class - Novice
Level - 0
Time Trial - No

Another trick I came across is whenever it starts going stupid fast. Bring up the menu and make a save, for some reason the game will be a lot slower and controllable for about a minute or so.

Hope this helps!
The pausing thing worked sometimes and sometimes didn't ... weird.

But yeah I did this once and got it! After dozens of attempts in arcade mode... yikes.

Now, the dreaded Yatta! :uzi:

Behelit Outlaw
06-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Not working with the EU version of the game , to have the achievement you need to play the game on arcade mode and leave a empty space to put the put the special diamonds there.Easy way to make the score

swann5150
07-09-2009, 04:19 AM
pause thing didn't really work for me either. but aside from that, this tip is spot on. first attempt after several painful FAILS going through arcade mode.