PDA

View Full Version : New Threads Idea

kaleido42
05-03-2009, 01:00 AM
This is my third idea that I have posted (all of them can be found in my signature). My idea this time is involving the "New Posts" section that you are brought to by following the link near the top of the screen. Quite often while looking at the new posts I see threads that I have already posted in where I no longer have nothing to add. At times, these threads can even be a few years old. Worse yet a lot of the new threads with few posts made in them are bumped several pages back due to the more popular threads that have a few hundred posts in them (especially the contest threads). Just to prove the point, at the moment there are four threads there with over 2500 posts, not to mention how many of them have already had plenty of attention with over 50. Here is my idea. Just to make it a bit easier to seak out the newer threads (especially the ones bumped down) there could be an option within that screen to view the new threads instead of the new posts. If that is not possible even a new link that just goes to new threads would be nice, while leaving the "New Posts" link. Feel free to leave comments everyone and thanks for reading, especially if you are a mod;).

EDIT: If for any reason this post isn't very clear to understand let me know as that was the case with my last 2 ideas and a little clearing them up helped a lot with them.

Der Fuhrer
05-03-2009, 01:10 AM
This sounds like it could be a good idea but I personally would never use it, Maybe a filter would be more useful, like sort by number of posts in that thread or something like that.

kaleido42
05-03-2009, 01:49 AM
This sounds like it could be a good idea but I personally would never use it, Maybe a filter would be more useful, like sort by number of posts in that thread or something like that.

Don't know about you but I use the "New Posts" link quite abit but like I mentioned, so much of the stuff is old stuff brought up or contests and I was just thinking that this might clear some of that stuff out and put in newer threads. Decided to bring this up incase anyone else was having the same issue.

Der Fuhrer
05-03-2009, 01:52 AM
I still think it would be easier to implement a filter instead of a brand new feature, I dunno though, I could be wrong, I'll let someone else make the call on this one.