PDA

View Full Version : Universal Roadmap Tool

Alpha Briggs
05-03-2009, 03:41 AM
Alright the roadmap gets preset to say 3/10 difficulty and it takes 8 hours to beat. (This is set by the roadmap creator) NOW once people finish the game they could enter their numbers and it would average them out like a poll to get a more precise number. This would have pros and cons I know... Just thought I would throw that out there. For example, before an official roadmap is released, say a brand-new game no one has gotten to it yet, people could vote just to give you an idea before you rent it. Post feedback! Kinda a mini pole idea but it spits out an average instead of %'s of different answers. :)

Squirrel257
05-03-2009, 03:48 AM
Seems like a good idea. The fact that the road map has been written by only one person means sometimes the difficulties and completion times may not apply to everyone. An average would be nice. I'd support this.

antnie
05-03-2009, 03:51 AM
I was thinking about that the other day when I was in the shower. I think it should be implemented.

kaleido42
05-03-2009, 04:40 AM
Good idea as long as people don't abuse it. Ex: people might think of it as something for laughs and put 10/10 difficulty for avatar. Other than that possibility it is a great idea.

Whitest Knight
05-03-2009, 06:09 PM
i think it's a great idea, and should defiantly be implemented.

Tomscfc
05-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Very good idea, although it could be abused it would still work and i imagine it's possible ;) Good idea!

Alpha Briggs
05-03-2009, 07:24 PM
It could be abused but if most people ARE honest then the average would overcome the outliers. There would have to be a set variation as well. Say a game gets preset to 5 hours for example, you shouldn't be allowed to input 460 hours to throw off the data. Should be like a 10 hour variation or something.. It would have to be tweaked of course. :)

kaleido42
05-03-2009, 07:32 PM
It could be abused but if most people ARE honest then the average would overcome the outliers. There would have to be a set variation as well. Say a game gets preset to 5 hours for example, you shouldn't be allowed to input 460 hours to throw off the data. Should be like a 10 hour variation or something.. It would have to be tweaked of course. :)

When you talk about presetting it I imagine you mean by the person who wrote the road map?

Alpha Briggs
05-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Yea, the first person to write it would originally set it to the time they feel is good. Preset or originally posted, all I mean by that is the number before the average comes into play.