PDA

View Full Version : Problem updating my achievements.

DarraghW
05-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Hello!

So I just tried to update the achievements for Lost Odyssey. When I check off the new achievements, I'm taken to the page that says:

"MyAchievements for Lost Odyssey updated.
Returning to achievement list..."

This page should then re-direct to the updated achievement list, but instead, the page seems to get caught in a loop, wherein it just keeps loading itself without sending me to the achievement list. If I click "My Checklists" on the left-hand side in order to break it out of the loop, it takes me to my achievement list, but all achievements for Lost Odyssey are un-checked. This isn't exclusive to Lost Odyssey, either. I just tried it with Banjo-Kazooie (XBLA), and the same thing happens.

Now, that's what was happening on Firefox 3.0.10 running on OSX 10.5.6. If I switch to the Safari 4 Beta, however, the problem stops, and I'm able to update the list as per usual.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Many thanks in advance. :)

The Pants Party
05-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I updated some achievements this morning with the same version of Firefox without any issue so I don't think it would be that. I'd suggest deleting the checklist (hit the red X from the "My Checklists" link) and see if you can then update it.

dakisbac
05-04-2009, 07:59 PM
This used to happen to me when I was doing it from the guide page. Assuming you are as well, switch over to the achievements page and try from there.

DarraghW
05-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Just tried what you suggested (EDIT: Directed at The Pants Party), and the issue persists. I've just had to go back into Safari to re-update it. Like I said, it's definitely happening on more than one game (at least, any game I've tried), so it's not specific to Lost Odyssey.

Bah! I'm well and truly stumped! This may be the kick up the arse I need to start using Safari regularly, I guess.

DarraghW
05-04-2009, 08:05 PM
This used to happen to me when I was doing it from the guide page. Assuming you are as well, switch over to the achievements page and try from there.
Indeed, I may have been doing that initially, but when I deleted the checklist to try out The Pants Party's suggestion, I was updating it from the achievements page.

Thanks anyway!