PDA

View Full Version : Fighter(s) you would have liked on the Official Roster

GeezusDylan160
05-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Surprised I did not see this thread already. Simple question for this thread.....Which Fighter(s) would you have liked to see on the official roster?

I imagine Randy Couture will be the most mentioned name on the list. My pick would be Clay Guida just because I am such a huge fan of his and what not.

Anyways Discuss......

Thelorn
05-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Be nice if you could unlock Charles "Mask" Lewis. Sure he's never fought in the ufc. You could however unlock him in both the UFC older games and he was on the covers for them getting beat up. Would be a nice little tribute for him being there for the other two games also since he died but the death was only a month or so ago so short time notice.

st4mp
05-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Be nice if you could unlock Charles "Mask" Lewis. Sure he's never fought in the ufc. You could however unlock him in both the UFC older games and he was on the covers for them getting beat up. Would be a nice little tribute for him being there for the other two games also since he died but the death was only a month or so ago so short time notice.

I agree that would be very cool, I hope they do something like that at the very Least as a DLC. Mask and Tapout are/were very loyal to mma plus since they did it in the old game. as far as fighters go I know it's not going to happen but I'd like to see alot of Dream fighters, Mousasi, Aoki, Hioki, "kid" Yamamoto, King Mo..I'm sure there's more I'm drawing a blank

L Demonic I
05-04-2009, 10:23 PM
I would have to say clay guida even though i hate him

machonach0
05-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Matt Hamill, Shane Carwin and of course Randy Couture. Also Steve Cantwell and Luiz Cane would be cool.

GeezusDylan160
05-05-2009, 02:57 AM
good choices macho, didn't think of them at all. Also very well put thelorn, they have Bruce Buffer and Dana White as non-fighters, so I could see them maybe putting the TapOut boys at ringside like they are for all the live events. Also was thinking that they could've put guys like Matt Brown and Matt Riddle from TUF 7 in the game, only two fighters from that season that are still on my radar aside from Amir who's already in the game. Sam Stout would've been a cool addition since he's Canadian (as am I, so it would be nice to see him, pretty good fighter, solid chin good strikes) ummm and same for David Loiseau. K-Sos (krystof Soszynki) the Miller brothers, Josh Neer, Kurt Pellegrino...so many fighters, hopefully they'll all be DLC.

P.S. A.Silva vs. F.Griffin for UFC 101 WOOT:woop:

Thelorn
05-05-2009, 03:27 AM
good choices macho, didn't think of them at all. Also very well put thelorn, they have Bruce Buffer and Dana White as non-fighters, so I could see them maybe putting the TapOut boys at ringside like they are for all the live events. Also was thinking that they could've put guys like Matt Brown and Matt Riddle from TUF 7 in the game, only two fighters from that season that are still on my radar aside from Amir who's already in the game. Sam Stout would've been a cool addition since he's Canadian (as am I, so it would be nice to see him, pretty good fighter, solid chin good strikes) ummm and same for David Loiseau. K-Sos (krystof Soszynki) the Miller brothers, Josh Neer, Kurt Pellegrino...so many fighters, hopefully they'll all be DLC.

P.S. A.Silva vs. F.Griffin for UFC 101 WOOT:woop:

Wow I didn't even notice Amir Sadollah was in the game. That's pretty interesting he's in it over some others. He's been injured and had a leg infection so he's only fought once in the UFC and that was against CB at the finale a year ago come june. He is booked for August, hope he doesn't get injured or another infection. He does do them SpikeTV late night clips during commericals so they are trying to keep him in the public eye.

Veritas34
05-05-2009, 03:45 AM
im very happy with the 80+ fighters that are actually in the game.

Inyaface13
05-05-2009, 04:13 AM
Matt Hamill, Shane Carwin and of course Randy Couture. Also Steve Cantwell and Luiz Cane would be cool.

Wow, I just noticed Shane Carwin is not on the roster. Well when he gets the belt they will feel like shit.

Some of the people I would like to see I understand why there not on there lol so don't bash me for dreaming.

Randy Couture
Shane Carwin
Matt Hamill
Mask
Brian Stann
Carlos Condit
Jeremy Horn
Royce Gracie (Submissions would be so easy)
Don Frye
Fedor (Of Course)
Clay Guida (Can't believe hes not in it either)
Shinya Aoki (Bonus)
Josh Barnett (Bonus)
Miguel Torres (Bonus)
Eddie Alverez (Bonus)
Urijah Faber (Bonus)

UNDERWALLY
05-05-2009, 04:50 AM
I haven't seen a lot UFC ,but my picks would be
Ken Shamrock
Randy Couture

TAnderson01
05-05-2009, 06:31 AM
I think it would be sweet to have dana white an ulockable character

GeezusDylan160
05-05-2009, 08:23 PM
@ thelorn, yeah I was surprised to see Amir as well, but I like the kid. He has just this really nice persona to him and I absolutely love his Inside the Octagon segments he does towards the end of The Ultimate Fighter episodes....yeah I heard he's back in august against umm some guy who's had a couple of WEC fights.

And whoever listed Urijah Faber, I like the idea of having WEC fighters as bonus character, good call on that one

st4mp
05-05-2009, 09:02 PM
It would also be cool to have alot of old school fighters.

Frye
Tank
Goodridge
Severn
Shamrock
Gracie
Kimo
Maybe Hackney with Extreme ball-striking ability? (take that joe son)

That would be kinda cool, Gracie, Severn and Shamrock atleast

also can't have a Gracie without Sakuraba

Vaatdoekje
05-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Bas Rutten xD

with his epic selfdefence movie of fail ^^

Inyaface13
05-05-2009, 11:25 PM
@ thelorn, yeah I was surprised to see Amir as well, but I like the kid. He has just this really nice persona to him and I absolutely love his Inside the Octagon segments he does towards the end of The Ultimate Fighter episodes....yeah I heard he's back in august against umm some guy who's had a couple of WEC fights.

And whoever listed Urijah Faber, I like the idea of having WEC fighters as bonus character, good call on that one

Yeah maybe have a WEC Champion DLC because I highly doubt we will see a WEC game in the future and theres a lot of great fighters on that roster.

Tem0n
05-05-2009, 11:37 PM
I think it would be sweet to have dana white an ulockable character

Agreed, White and Rogan. :P

Death Dealer
05-06-2009, 05:16 PM
One of the most exciting fighters has to be Jason Mayhem Miller... With his crazy entrences and his fighting style.... I mean cmon Tito Ortiz is in it... And if ur a real ufc fan u would know that miller went all 3 rounds with gsp... I bet they will do an add on pack or something where u can get other fighters like Matt hammel.. Thats an another guy i cant believe hes not in it...

GeezusDylan160
05-06-2009, 08:25 PM
One of the most exciting fighters has to be Jason Mayhem Miller... With his crazy entrences and his fighting style.... I mean cmon Tito Ortiz is in it... And if ur a real ufc fan u would know that miller went all 3 rounds with gsp... I bet they will do an add on pack or something where u can get other fighters like Matt hammel.. Thats an another guy i cant believe hes not in it...

Yeah not having Matt Hamill in the game is what I consider tragic...they have a movie about him coming out in fall called "Hamill" and he's loved by a lot of fans. Makes no sense to why he isn't in the game....someone mind shedding some light on the topic if they know anything?

st4mp
05-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Yeah not having Matt Hamill in the game is what I consider tragic...they have a movie about him coming out in fall called "Hamill" and he's loved by a lot of fans. Makes no sense to why he isn't in the game....someone mind shedding some light on the topic if they know anything?

I don't know for sure but I would guess he along with a few other big names are just being held back for download sales.

k1lls1gn
05-07-2009, 04:27 AM
3 most important fighters missing, Randy Couture, Ken Shamrock, Royce Gracie

Mikeyt086
05-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Ken Shamrock and Kimbo Slice.

LoveAGramm
05-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Tito Ortiz, Ken Shamrock and Kimbo Slice.
I thought Tito was in it?

Mikeyt086
05-08-2009, 08:45 PM
He is, just seen it, i didnt know. Big relief as he is prob my favourite fighter.

minigolfhool
05-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Too bad Randy Couture's not in the game and Tank Abbot would've been great as well. Can't have them all it seems.

FateofVengeance
05-11-2009, 01:10 AM
From www.mmamadness.com (http://www.mmamadness.com):

TapouT crew completes 85 man roster for "UFC 2009 Undisupted" (http://mmamadness.com/insight/news/3715) http://mmamadness.com/images/clear.gif
MMA apparel pioneers, TV stars and cageside fixtures the TapouT crew will be featured in the upcoming THQ-developed video game "UFC 2009 Undisputed."

THQ has confirmed to mmajunkie that "Punkass", "Skyscrape" and the late Charles "Mask" Lewis will all be featured as playable characters in the game.

THQ officials said they reconsidered the idea after the tragic March death of TapouT founder Charles "Mask" Lewis Jr. in an automobile accident. After consulting with the remaining two members of the crew, "Punkass" and "Skyscrape," the decision was made to keep "Mask" and the others in the final release.

The three members of the TapouT crew will be included as unlockable characters. While specifics regarding the requirements to unlock the characters were not immediately available, THQ officials said specific in-game accomplishments are required to play as "Mask," "Punkass," or "Skyscrape."

"UFC 2009 Undisputed" will be available for the X-Box 360 and Playstation 3 systems on May 15th.

Dert McGert
05-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Faber and the Tapout Crew are all in it. There are rumors of Gracie and Ken already, but they are unlockable. Quarry said he was an unlockable fighter.

And for whoever said Kimbo, please quit watching MMA.

space_monkee69
05-11-2009, 02:05 AM
Dan Severn, Nick Diaz and Fedor, even though he isn't UFC

FateofVengeance
05-11-2009, 02:46 AM
Fedor will be in EA's MMA game.

space_monkee69
05-11-2009, 06:36 AM
Fedor will be in EA's MMA game.

SWEET!! that ROCKS

J Lew332
05-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Hamill, Couture, Cote, Guida, Cane, Krystoff.

randomluke69
05-14-2009, 05:53 PM
not many people have mentioned the gracies!!!they should be on here,pioneers and all that!!!

ViRaLuNdEaD
05-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Bas Rutten and Oleg Taktarov

steve36ty
05-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Paul Taylor
Dan Hardy
(I'm English)

Matt Hamill
(because the man humles me)
What a credit to sport he is, be it amateur wrestling, MMA or the UFC

I was proud to attend UFC 70 in Manchester and UFC 85 in London

jizMasterZer0
05-20-2009, 08:00 PM
i heard guida isnt in there because his hair was inflicting damage when it would hit the other fighter, i guess they offered him money to lose the hair, but he declined. i think this was talked about in the may issue of Fight magazine.

GeezusDylan160
05-20-2009, 08:44 PM
i heard guida isnt in there because his hair was inflicting damage when it would hit the other fighter, i guess they offered him money to lose the hair, but he declined. i think this was talked about in the may issue of Fight magazine.

true say my friend, they had clippng issues with his hair, effected how moves were and what not. Same thing with Southpaw stance, they gave all southpaw fighters a more traditional Right hand stance

Lord of Orion
05-20-2009, 09:35 PM
I haven't seen a lot UFC ,but my picks would be
Ken Shamrock
Randy Couture

I couldn't echo the Ken Shamrock name more. He did so much for this sport if you ask me and was one of the people that got me paying attention to MMA. Maybe some DLC though ...f

Kaffei
05-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Yeah maybe have a WEC Champion DLC because I highly doubt we will see a WEC game in the future and theres a lot of great fighters on that roster.No doubt. I was just saying the same thing to my brother. I LOVE the WEC. My favorite fighters are in there.

Urijah Faber
Miguel Torres
Jens Pulver
Mike Brown

Maybe even some PRIDE fighters. Expansion pack? I'll shell out 20 bucks for a WEC or PRIDE expansion. Not to mention that PRIDE is crazy altogether.

K-1 might even be fun to play considering the switch up in game style.
Any one else want to play Le Banner? I know I do :]

triedntrue
05-21-2009, 12:25 AM
how bout welterweight Dustin Hazelett!? the guy won by a flying armbar against burkman!

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/triedntrue.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/triedntrue)

SgtCouchPotato
05-21-2009, 02:01 AM
jon jones
junior dos santos
sam stout
tamden mccrory

musdy
05-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Yoshihiro Akiyama
Denis Kang
Marvin Eastman
Dustin Hazlett