PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna be the most played online?

Thelorn
05-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Like the title says, who do you think is going to be the most played fighter online?

st4mp
05-05-2009, 04:59 PM
I think either, Liddell, or whoever has the highest rating most likely Silva....Cheesers are Cheesers no matter what the game is so i'm sure they'll figure something out

Flinton360
05-05-2009, 07:23 PM
i think everyone will be boring and be anderson silva

GeezusDylan160
05-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I figure over here in Canada everyone (except for myself of course) will play as GSP because most Canadians are self-centered bastards (sad but true unfortunately) and we love anyone from our country.....why everyone loves GSP is beyond me, I think he's a great fighter but his fights don't excite me.

Anyways anywhere else in the world I imagine Silva, let's just hope the people who use him don't put up a 5 round lack luster performance;)

st4mp
05-05-2009, 09:06 PM
I figure over here in Canada everyone (except for myself of course) will play as GSP because most Canadians are self-centered bastards (sad but true unfortunately) and we love anyone from our country.....why everyone loves GSP is beyond me, I think he's a great fighter but his fights don't excite me.

Anyways anywhere else in the world I imagine Silva, let's just hope the people who use him don't put up a 5 round lack luster performance;)

Well to be fair GSP did kinda put canada on the map as far as fighters go, and has really helped the growth of the sport up there. Similar to Bisping in England (he's well loved there despite having done next to nothing lol). Also like Royce Gracie did with BJJ, win or lose Royce is a legend to BJJ fighters and I assume it's similar for you canucks. ::shrug::

GeezusDylan160
05-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Well to be fair GSP did kinda put canada on the map as far as fighters go, and has really helped the growth of the sport up there. Similar to Bisping in England (he's well loved there despite having done next to nothing lol). Also like Royce Gracie did with BJJ, win or lose Royce is a legend to BJJ fighters and I assume it's similar for you canucks. ::shrug::

Well put, I just find that there's to much hype behind George, kinda like what you said with Bisping to England. To me he hasn't really done much, I understand the impact he's had on MMA in Canada, you could go as far to say he's the poster boy for Canadian MMA, but to me GSP just lacks something...not sure what it is. He isn't the man that turned me into a huge MMA fan...Forrest Griffin and Chuck Liddell did. I just think most of my lovely Canadian companions get to caught up in what I call "cancuck-craze", where everyone and everything Canadian is the best thing in the world just because it's Canadian, I get there's being proud but a lot of Canadians seem to take it to far with GSP. Again, I wanna be clear that I think GSP is good and what not, but it's just GSP ain't for me and thats my opinion I guess.

st4mp
05-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Well put, I just find that there's to much hype behind George, kinda like what you said with Bisping to England. To me he hasn't really done much, I understand the impact he's had on MMA in Canada, you could go as far to say he's the poster boy for Canadian MMA, but to me GSP just lacks something...not sure what it is. He isn't the man that turned me into a huge MMA fan...Forrest Griffin and Chuck Liddell did. I just think most of my lovely Canadian companions get to caught up in what I call "cancuck-craze", where everyone and everything Canadian is the best thing in the world just because it's Canadian, I get there's being proud but a lot of Canadians seem to take it to far with GSP. Again, I wanna be clear that I think GSP is good and what not, but it's just GSP ain't for me and thats my opinion I guess.

lol Understandable. Happens to Americans, alot too. I think GSP has a huge amount of hype. I don't think he has amazing anything just a well-rounded smart fighter who sticks to gameplan. The one thing I really question is his chin..when you get TKO'd by Matt Serra (who for the record on the ufc undisputed page does not even have a striking discipline) you really gotta wonder lol. I think canadien fans are still some of the best fans there are, except when you guys boo anyone who fights GSP lol

Tem0n
05-05-2009, 11:11 PM
I would have to say Lesnar will probably appear in 75% of HW matchups online. If the Demo's stat allocation for Liddell and Rua stays consistent in the retail game lesnars punches will be as though he were swinging sledge hammers in there.

I am hoping the created fighters aren't completely useless online, i would like to use those majority of the time.

Herreno
05-05-2009, 11:29 PM
I think Lesnar will be most played online because he is a physical freak.

Tem0n
05-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Yea that too. :)

Takamura Bear
05-06-2009, 12:06 AM
lol Understandable. Happens to Americans, alot too. I think GSP has a huge amount of hype. I don't think he has amazing anything just a well-rounded smart fighter who sticks to gameplan. The one thing I really question is his chin..when you get TKO'd by Matt Serra (who for the record on the ufc undisputed page does not even have a striking discipline) you really gotta wonder lol. I think canadien fans are still some of the best fans there are, except when you guys boo anyone who fights GSP lol

I personally think GSP is a amazing fighter. His style is not suited towards the "I want a slug-fest fight" type of fans. He has beaten every fighter put in front of him and avenged all his losses. If he was from America, everyone's opinion would be different I suppose. :eek:

A bit of USA vs Canada, eh? :p

Anyway, the most played online will probably be Chuck or Anderson. I can also see brock being played quite a lot. Heck, I don't know...

GeezusDylan160
05-06-2009, 12:30 AM
I personally think GSP is a amazing fighter. His style is not suited towards the "I want a slug-fest fight" type of fans. He has beaten every fighter put in front of him and avenged all his losses. If he was from America, everyone's opinion would be different I suppose. :eek:

A bit of USA vs Canada, eh? :p

Anyway, the most played online will probably be Chuck or Anderson. I can also see brock being played quite a lot. Heck, I don't know...

Yeah I completely agree, if your looking a slugfest GSP isn't your guy. GSP is an amazing athlete and his style is definitely geared more towards Decision fights but I still don't like him lol. I love fighters that go the full 3/5 rounds, just look at Kappman vs. Condit earlier last month, it is already one of my candidates for FOTY, it was an all out war both sides, tons of technical reversals....just all around amazing. But for some reason, even when GSP goes 3/5 rounds he still doesn't excite me...maybe it's because he is so dominate...so with that being said, I probably still wouldn't like him even if he was american...I prefer American fighters over Canadian fighters because I feel America is much farther ahead in the sport of MMA.:p

Also saw the stats for the Heavyweights on here earlier, Frank Mir has a 91 and Brock had an 85 I believe, soo I think I'll be using Mir more then Lesnar lol

st4mp
05-06-2009, 01:58 AM
Yeah I completely agree, if your looking a slugfest GSP isn't your guy. GSP is an amazing athlete and his style is definitely geared more towards Decision fights but I still don't like him lol. I love fighters that go the full 3/5 rounds, just look at Kappman vs. Condit earlier last month, it is already one of my candidates for FOTY, it was an all out war both sides, tons of technical reversals....just all around amazing. But for some reason, even when GSP goes 3/5 rounds he still doesn't excite me...maybe it's because he is so dominate...so with that being said, I probably still wouldn't like him even if he was american...I prefer American fighters over Canadian fighters because I feel America is much farther ahead in the sport of MMA.:p

Also saw the stats for the Heavyweights on here earlier, Frank Mir has a 91 and Brock had an 85 I believe, soo I think I'll be using Mir more then Lesnar lol

I may have been mistaken when I posted the 85 for Lesnar it may be 88 the video wasn't high-def. So it was fairly blurry on my screen but it's between 85-88.

I kinda agree on the GSP fights but there are ALOT more boring fighters out there then GSP. Gray Maynard comes to mind. LnP fighters are just boring blobs whose job could be done by a well stocked Fridge. Meh just my opinion

ToXiCRalN
05-06-2009, 05:29 AM
I think Liddell or Lesnar since they are massivley powerful.

Dert McGert
05-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Pretty much whoever is the champ when the game comes out. Sad.

Mr Magic
05-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Probably Anderson Silva, Rampage Jackson, or Brock Lesnar. I personally will be playing with Anderson Silva, because he's my favorite fighter and he's a beast!

FateofVengeance
05-13-2009, 01:46 PM
I only picked Chuck Liddell because he is the most main stream fighter. It was either him or Brock Lesnar bringing the wrestling fans over.

wh0ts0p
05-14-2009, 01:48 AM
Either Liddell, Silva or Jackson cause no1 knows anything about MMA

GeezusDylan160
05-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Either Liddell, Silva or Jackson cause no1 knows anything about MMA

Well apparently neither do you, listed above is two former LHW champs. Liddell is arguable the biggest MMA star EVER and Jackson is also pretty well known......soo I agree with your choices but it's because people do know shit about MMA.....very 1 dimensional point of view.

st4mp
05-14-2009, 02:11 AM
Well apparently neither do you, listed above is two former LHW champs. Liddell is arguable the biggest MMA star EVER and Jackson is also pretty well known......soo I agree with your choices but it's because people do know shit about MMA.....very 1 dimensional point of view.

lol not gonna lie i was confused too, i would say the "don't know anything about ufc" fighters would be like lashley, lesnar (no disrespect to them they are just mainstream names), and kimbo slice lol seeing as how 2 of those aren't in the game it would be lesnar the non-mma fans would use

vI-Youneek-Iv
05-14-2009, 02:23 AM
I'll be using Brock all the way!!

GeezusDylan160
05-14-2009, 02:44 AM
lol not gonna lie i was confused too, i would say the "don't know anything about ufc" fighters would be like lashley, lesnar (no disrespect to them they are just mainstream names), and kimbo slice lol seeing as how 2 of those aren't in the game it would be lesnar the non-mma fans would use

Yeah all the people who know nothing about MMA would use someone like Kimbo or Lashley (but as you stated they aren't in the game :p) I can see a good portion of MMA fans using Lesnar though. I by no means like the guy as a fighter but I sure as hell am not one of the guys who writes him off because he used to be in a "fake sport". What people don't realize is how physical the type of wrestling he did was. Go out there every night and suplexing a 300+ lbs man is pretty damn demanding. So I can respect Lesnar for making the jump into MMA but I think his sudden title shot was too soon.

DefJamV
05-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Ill be playing mainly as Lesnar, as he is the guy who got me into UFC. Being a WWE fan i was curious when i heard about Lesnar going to the UFC and i watched his debut, loved the sport but got pissed at how cheaply Mir beat Lesnar, infact Lesnar should of won minutes before Mir got him in the submission via TKO, but the ref obviously didnt know shit for what he was doing.

Thelorn
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Ill be playing mainly as Lesnar, as he is the guy who got me into UFC. Being a WWE fan i was curious when i heard about Lesnar going to the UFC and i watched his debut, loved the sport but got pissed at how cheaply Mir beat Lesnar, infact Lesnar should of won minutes before Mir got him in the submission via TKO, but the ref obviously didnt know shit for what he was doing.

How was it cheap? By claiming it was cheap, should of been a TKO and the ref didn't know how to do his job really does show it was your first time watching the UFC and MMA in general. Which is alright, I understand Brock brings a lot of WWE fans over that were oozing for Brock to own everyone so they could claim WWE is the best. However, the only thing cheap in the fight was the 3-5 hammerfist to the back of the head by Brock. Was Mir in trouble? Sure, but was he close to being finished for a TKO/KO victory? No, not what so ever. The first time Brock was raining down blows and it was stopped for back of the head, Mir was going for a armbar with his right leg which he did the second time brock was on top and pulled off very easy but couldn't hold it, same would of happen the first time if brock didn't hit the back of his head as Mir was swinging his right leg around Brocks face. Mir was defending and staying active the entire time while on the ground, in no way whats so ever should it have been called. I even think 1-2 more years and brock will be in the top 3 heavyweights but to say he got cheated that night obviously you didn't know what you were watching. Here's a refresher for you, first video hosted by dailymotion, now where again was the TKO that happened minutes before the submission that the ref missed cause he didn't know shit for what he was doing? http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/2008/02/02/brock-lesnar-vs-frank-mir-video-ufc-81-breaking-point/

(http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/2008/02/02/brock-lesnar-vs-frank-mir-video-ufc-81-breaking-point/)

GeezusDylan160
05-14-2009, 07:07 PM
How was it cheap? By claiming it was cheap, should of been a TKO and the ref didn't know how to do his job really does show it was your first time watching the UFC and MMA in general. Which is alright, I understand Brock brings a lot of WWE fans over that were oozing for Brock to own everyone so they could claim WWE is the best. However, the only thing cheap in the fight was the 3-5 hammerfist to the back of the head by Brock. Was Mir in trouble? Sure, but was he close to being finished for a TKO/KO victory? No, not what so ever. The first time Brock was raining down blows and it was stopped for back of the head, Mir was going for a armbar with his right leg which he did the second time brock was on top and pulled off very easy but couldn't hold it, same would of happen the first time if brock didn't hit the back of his head as Mir was swinging his right leg around Brocks face. Mir was defending and staying active the entire time while on the ground, in no way whats so ever should it have been called. I even think 1-2 more years and brock will be in the top 3 heavyweights but to say he got cheated that night obviously you didn't know what you were watching. Here's a refresher for you, first video hosted by dailymotion, now where again was the TKO that happened minutes before the submission that the ref missed cause he didn't know shit for what he was doing? http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/2008/02/02/brock-lesnar-vs-frank-mir-video-ufc-81-breaking-point/

(http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/2008/02/02/brock-lesnar-vs-frank-mir-video-ufc-81-breaking-point/)

You literally took just about everything I was going to say in reply lol. It's true Brock might've imposed his will in small amounts during the fight, but in no way was there ever going to be a TKO stoppage. The multiple hammerfists Lesnar dropped on Mir for a good 20 seconds had no strength behind them and you can see it because half of the hammerfists actually missed and hit Mir in the chest if i'm not mistaken. The way Mir won wasn't cheap by any means, if anything it showed how great of a Brazilian Jui Jitsu practioner Frank Mir really is....either that or how unprepared Lesnar was. I agree with thelorn when he says that in 1-2 years Lesnar could be one of the top HW guys, he's a monster in size, his speed is unmatched at HW and his actual wrestling ability is extremely dominate and a great asset for him to have. With that being said, I think when Mir vs. Lesnar 2 happens, Mir will win...it's Mir's time. But when Mir vs. Lesnar 3 happens (trust me it will happen) I can see Lesnar showing the world the beginning of his step towards being one of the best.

k1lls1gn
05-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Brock Lesnar because hes probably gonna be very strong and people are gonna use that for there advantage...

Chud 360
05-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Bisping. Gotta represent UK

AceBLOODSHED
05-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Heavyweight - Frank Mir/ Brandon Vera/ Andrei Arlovski/ Mirko Cro Cop
light Heavyweight - Rich Franklin/ Forrest Griffin/ Maybe Stephan Bonnar
Middleweight - Rich Franklin/ Anderson Silva/ Maybe Dan Henderson and Chris Leben
Welterweight - Matt Hughes/ Sean Sherk/ BJ Penn/ GSP
Lightweight - Sean Sherk/ Kenny Florian/ Spencer Fisher/ Maybe Joe Stevenson
CAF if it works well enough for me

Rich Franklin FTW! Anderson Silva is a great fighter though

bluwolf27
05-15-2009, 02:11 PM
You literally took just about everything I was going to say in reply lol. It's true Brock might've imposed his will in small amounts during the fight, but in no way was there ever going to be a TKO stoppage. The multiple hammerfists Lesnar dropped on Mir for a good 20 seconds had no strength behind them and you can see it because half of the hammerfists actually missed and hit Mir in the chest if i'm not mistaken. The way Mir won wasn't cheap by any means, if anything it showed how great of a Brazilian Jui Jitsu practioner Frank Mir really is....either that or how unprepared Lesnar was. I agree with thelorn when he says that in 1-2 years Lesnar could be one of the top HW guys, he's a monster in size, his speed is unmatched at HW and his actual wrestling ability is extremely dominate and a great asset for him to have. With that being said, I think when Mir vs. Lesnar 2 happens, Mir will win...it's Mir's time. But when Mir vs. Lesnar 3 happens (trust me it will happen) I can see Lesnar showing the world the beginning of his step towards being one of the best.

I wouldn't call Mir's win cheap, but I would say that if the ref hadn't stood them up the first time Mir was in trouble. I'm not saying that he wouldn't still have tapped Brock out, but I am saying that Brock got cheated during that portion because of the ref. Also, if Mir takes Brock lightly this fight, Brock is gonna kill him. I'm sure by now Brock's submission defense has gotten better (I hope it did at least). Mir has a tendency to be arrogant and think he is just gonna go in and walk over people and make them tap.

GeezusDylan160
05-15-2009, 07:29 PM
I wouldn't call Mir's win cheap, but I would say that if the ref hadn't stood them up the first time Mir was in trouble. I'm not saying that he wouldn't still have tapped Brock out, but I am saying that Brock got cheated during that portion because of the ref. Also, if Mir takes Brock lightly this fight, Brock is gonna kill him. I'm sure by now Brock's submission defense has gotten better (I hope it did at least). Mir has a tendency to be arrogant and think he is just gonna go in and walk over people and make them tap.

Mir was in trouble once the referee stood them up because he took two illegal hammerfists to the back of the head, you can see it in how he kinda stumbled when he got up that those hammerfists to the back of the skull legit. hurt him. Brock Lesnar didn't get cheated, he showed his inexperience, he knows that strikes to the back of the head are illegal and they were clear strikes, did he mean to do so? I am almost 100% sure he didn't but thats not the point. The point is he did it and it's in my opinion, the reason he lost that fight because if he had not of hit Mir in the back of the head, he would've TKOed him 10 seconds later with those hammerfists. It's like a kick to the groin, so frequently the first inside leg kick you throw lands right on the cup. The fighter doesn't mean to kick the guy in the balls, it's just an accident and same thing with fingers to the eyes, most guys don't mean to poke someone in the eye if it occurs, just look at Franklin vs. Hendo (which conviently was on UFC Unleashed last night so thats why it's my example lol)

On the topic of Mir being arrogant, I would've agreed with you years ago. But now I have to strongly disagree, Frank Mir is a man possessed, he wants to literally rip Brock Lesnar's limbs off. This is a whole new Frank Mir, he was reborn after losing to Vera in my opinion. He beat Hardonk and exclaimed he's back....look at him now, three fight win streak, 2 of those fights were against a top 5 heavy weight and the current champ. He is rededicated and it really showed in his fight with Big Nog. I heard Nog had a staph infection or something along those lines, but I believe after seeing how effective and improved Frank Mir's boxing has becoming that he still would've defeated Nog that night even if Nog was at 100%. He was obsessed with Noguiera leading into that fight, all he had on his mind was Nog. It's the same thing with Brock Lesnar this time around, he is obsessed with Lesnar and getting that belt back, I can guarentee as I type this Mir is off training thinking of Lesnar like a mad man.

IMAMEX
05-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Mir was in trouble once the referee stood them up because he took two illegal hammerfists to the back of the head, you can see it in how he kinda stumbled when he got up that those hammerfists to the back of the skull legit. hurt him. Brock Lesnar didn't get cheated, he showed his inexperience, he knows that strikes to the back of the head are illegal and they were clear strikes, did he mean to do so? I am almost 100% sure he didn't but thats not the point. The point is he did it and it's in my opinion, the reason he lost that fight because if he had not of hit Mir in the back of the head, he would've TKOed him 10 seconds later with those hammerfists. It's like a kick to the groin, so frequently the first inside leg kick you throw lands right on the cup. The fighter doesn't mean to kick the guy in the balls, it's just an accident and same thing with fingers to the eyes, most guys don't mean to poke someone in the eye if it occurs, just look at Franklin vs. Hendo (which conviently was on UFC Unleashed last night so thats why it's my example lol)

On the topic of Mir being arrogant, I would've agreed with you years ago. But now I have to strongly disagree, Frank Mir is a man possessed, he wants to literally rip Brock Lesnar's limbs off. This is a whole new Frank Mir, he was reborn after losing to Vera in my opinion. He beat Hardonk and exclaimed he's back....look at him now, three fight win streak, 2 of those fights were against a top 5 heavy weight and the current champ. He is rededicated and it really showed in his fight with Big Nog. I heard Nog had a staph infection or something along those lines, but I believe after seeing how effective and improved Frank Mir's boxing has becoming that he still would've defeated Nog that night even if Nog was at 100%. He was obsessed with Noguiera leading into that fight, all he had on his mind was Nog. It's the same thing with Brock Lesnar this time around, he is obsessed with Lesnar and getting that belt back, I can guarentee as I type this Mir is off training thinking of Lesnar like a mad man.

^^^ Gets me stoked about seeing Mir beat some ass.

IMAMEX
05-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Also, I'm surprised Tito isn't in the poll. You underestimate his popularity. I bet Tito, Chuck, Anderson & Forrest will be the ones every one uses.

L Demonic I
05-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Anderson and GSP

machonach0
05-16-2009, 01:08 AM
Man, yall know that EVERYONE is going to be playing as Eddie Sanchez.

GeezusDylan160
05-16-2009, 05:53 AM
Man, yall know that EVERYONE is going to be playing as Eddie Sanchez.

YES! Exactly what I said lmao

Jack LeChat
05-16-2009, 08:42 AM

Also saw the stats for the Heavyweights on here earlier, Frank Mir has a 91 and Brock had an 85 I believe, soo I think I'll be using Mir more then Lesnar lol i wouldnt really say GSP is a decision fighter, he only has 5 in his 20 fights and everyone of them are guys who go to decision normally anyways or real tough to finish guys like BJ, Fitch, and Mayhem. i think sometimes the Canadian fans who go a bit nuts over the hometown guys turn the more objective fans off of cheering for them, although im sure same goes for the US.
p.s. im probably going to change up who i use a lot so i cant really make a pick lol.

GeezusDylan160
05-16-2009, 04:00 PM
i wouldnt really say GSP is a decision fighter, he only has 5 in his 20 fights and everyone of them are guys who go to decision normally anyways or real tough to finish guys like BJ, Fitch, and Mayhem. i think sometimes the Canadian fans who go a bit nuts over the hometown guys turn the more objective fans off of cheering for them, although im sure same goes for the US.
p.s. im probably going to change up who i use a lot so i cant really make a pick lol.

See I completely understand what your saying, I know only 5 of 20 GSP fights have been decision but I still feel like his style is more "drag it out to the later rounds" kinda guy, think Anderson Silva as of late only not as boring (which he really isn't boring, he's a very intelligent fighter for how he handles himself, sure 97 wasn't that great of a fight but it's not his fault) In my opinion I feel like GSP wants to go into rounds 3-5 and generally go for a decision win. Just his style makes me think he is that fighter even though he has 8 TKO wins and 5 submission wins. The guy can finish the fight in the bat of an eyelash. As for Canadian fans being nuts....yes.....just yes we are. Everyone over here (again except for myself) LOVES GSP. They're GSP crazy in Ontario like no tomorrow, it's kind of upsetting to be honest. I hear everyone going on about how "GSP is getting an MMA gym in Montreal called GSP GYM!" and shit like that and I just kind of shake my head because there are other fights out there other then GSP but since he's Canadian the amount of attention he gets is ridiculous (but well deserved).

I'd also like to do a mini rant about 10 year olds wearing tapout shirts. It bugs me, you can ask any of them to name 4 fights and they won't be able to name any. Don't get me wrong I'm glad tapout is so popular but I guess that I'm so passionate about this sport that to see people less passionate about it bugs:confused:

Battle Monkey
05-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Heavyweight and over all Brock Lesnar then Frank Mir, Randy Couture, Gabriel Gonzaga, and Brandon Vera

Light Heavyweight 2nd Favorite fighter Lyoto Machida

Middleweight Dan Henderson, Rich Franklin, Anderson Silva, Damian Maia, Chris Leben, and Martin Kampmann

welterweight GSP, Matt Hughes, Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck, and Thiago Alves

Lightweight B.J. Penn, Tyson Griffin, Kenny Florian, and Hermes Franca

Jack LeChat
05-16-2009, 07:51 PM
See I completely understand what your saying, I know only 5 of 20 GSP fights have been decision but I still feel like his style is more "drag it out to the later rounds" kinda guy, think Anderson Silva as of late only not as boring (which he really isn't boring, he's a very intelligent fighter for how he handles himself, sure 97 wasn't that great of a fight but it's not his fault) In my opinion I feel like GSP wants to go into rounds 3-5 and generally go for a decision win. Just his style makes me think he is that fighter even though he has 8 TKO wins and 5 submission wins. The guy can finish the fight in the bat of an eyelash. As for Canadian fans being nuts....yes.....just yes we are. Everyone over here (again except for myself) LOVES GSP. They're GSP crazy in Ontario like no tomorrow, it's kind of upsetting to be honest. I hear everyone going on about how "GSP is getting an MMA gym in Montreal called GSP GYM!" and shit like that and I just kind of shake my head because there are other fights out there other then GSP but since he's Canadian the amount of attention he gets is ridiculous (but well deserved).

I'd also like to do a mini rant about 10 year olds wearing tapout shirts. It bugs me, you can ask any of them to name 4 fights and they won't be able to name any. Don't get me wrong I'm glad tapout is so popular but I guess that I'm so passionate about this sport that to see people less passionate about it bugs:confused: lol i know what your saying about Ontario and all of Canada for that matter (i dont live all that far from you, i live in London) and most of my friends who are casual fans blindly cheer for GSP just because. the ten year olds wearing Tapout is most likely there Dad pushing it on them because the Dad is a fan, my sons are big MMA fans (they like Chuck Liddell way more then GSP) and they do know who the fighters are (my one son is buddy-buddy with Sam Stout and Chris Horodecki) but i dont go out and buy them MMA gear because im not going to put a $40 shirt on my kid so he can wreck it, i did buy my boy a UFC hat at UFC 97 but thats sort of different. i dont cheer for any one fighter because of where he came from, i cheer for who i like BUT i do like when the hometown boy does well.

Jack LeChat
05-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Heavyweight and over all Brock Lesnar then Frank Mir, Randy Couture, Gabriel Gonzaga, and Brandon Vera

Light Heavyweight 2nd Favorite fighter Lyoto Machida

Middleweight Dan Henderson, Rich Franklin, Anderson Silva, Damian Maia, Chris Leben, and Martin Kampmann

welterweight GSP, Matt Hughes, Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck, and Thiago Alves

Lightweight B.J. Penn, Tyson Griffin, Kenny Florian, and Hermes Franca sorry dude no Randy...... bummer i know, but from what i understand he signed with EA for there MMA game.

Coadster1
05-16-2009, 08:57 PM
I say Brock Lesnar.

J Lew332
05-17-2009, 02:21 AM
silva gsp and penn cuz they are all rated 94. Also, I cant picture mad people using Liddell and spamming his superman punch.

Kalik2k
05-17-2009, 03:09 AM
If anything probably Liddell, he was on the demo and no doubt most people used him compared to Rua. If not I'd say a few may use their created fighters from when they do career mode.

mosin360
05-17-2009, 03:50 AM
Well, I've played quite a bit today and I have to say the majority of people use the highest rated person in each class. It does get a tad boring playing against the same fighters even if the people don't know how to use them properly. Right now, the only way to stop this junk is to select CAF only but that's not a long term fix. Pretty much a custom match needs the option to remove fighters so people actually pick someone besides the best of the best.

Battle Monkey
05-18-2009, 12:03 AM
sorry dude no Randy...... bummer i know, but from what i understand he signed with EA for there MMA game.

Rats I saw the thread where he was oblagated to be in EA's MMA game and won't be in Undisputed, but then I seen the confirmed fighter thread near the top of the list thinking maybe he knew some thing I didn't.

I gotta say EA ruins games and everything else for everyone damn that Madden game Grrrr F@#* EA!:mad:

PeRFeCK
05-18-2009, 12:26 AM
everyone's gonna WANT to play as my custom fighter after they see how badass he is...

but instead, they will use anderson silva :D

Anakaris7
05-19-2009, 10:36 AM
I think Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida or Quiton "Rampage" Jackson

Hughesy9
05-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Michael Bisping, everyone will be him when he beats Dan Henderson, then Anderson Silva :woop: Probably won't beat Silva but at least UK will win the ultimate fighter 4-2 :uzi:

GeezusDylan160
05-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Michael Bisping, everyone will be him when he beats Dan Henderson, then Anderson Silva :woop: Probably won't beat Silva but at least UK will win the ultimate fighter 4-2 :uzi:

I think UK will win the quarter finals 6-3, mind you Faulkner and Lawson(who imo are the two best fighters on this season, or over the last 3 seasons for that matter) still have to fight. But definitely expect to see Cameron Dollar in the finals boys, the kids got heart

Hendo over Bisping buddy, sorry to have to disagree with ya:p

deej brutal
05-19-2009, 11:09 PM
out of the maybe 11 fights ive been in, ive fought anderson silva at least 7 or 8 of those times

Kaffei
05-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Wow, absolutely no love for Forrest. I personally don't plan on going live with ufc for a couple weeks at least. Want to make sure my game is perfect, but I know that I'm definitely going to be playing Griffin a lot. Every one wants the 1 hit KO guy or the super submission guy, but I love Griffin because he's awesome at everything. And he keeps a good attitude no matter what.

I definitely plan on getting my game with Forrest down perfect.

Ps: Lesnar's a punk :p I'll never ever play him

drgonzo
05-20-2009, 01:52 AM

except you? All you did was talk about yourself the whole paragraph lol

Battle Monkey
05-27-2009, 02:54 AM

lol I doubt he'll beat Dan ''Hendo" Henderson unless the same judges from the Matt Hamil fight judge that match.

Bisping is a joke he gets easy fights to get easy wins then they glorify him like oh wow he's so awesome then when he has some one like Matt Hamil who whoops his ass 3 rounds they judge the match in favor of Bisping because they have a hard on for him maybe because he's like 1 of 2 British fighters in the UFC right now so they have to pad his record to make him look better then he is...

He never beat Matt Hamil nor will he beat Henderson unless he's jewed too. I'm predicting Henderson wins in the 2nd round due to strikes with Bispings own arm after he rips it off and beats him with it.

PureTechniquex
05-27-2009, 03:01 AM
Everyone on Live is boring & choose's Rampage..

I use Thiago Silva & he destroy's every Rampage ive came across with an easy submission, not 1 Rampage on live has had a good ground game so far..

Also Tito Ortiz & Evans are easy to submit with Thiago Silva..

GeezusDylan160
05-27-2009, 03:10 AM
except you? All you did was talk about yourself the whole paragraph lol

Note how I said most Canadian fans are self centered bastards, I won't lie I am fairly self centered lol

Rusty Nail zh
05-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Well, I used Georges St. Pierre in a lot of exibition matches. So I'm trying to fight with him online aswell.
But I'm waiting on a DLC.....with Fedor Emelianenko!! I know, he's PRIDE, but they could let us download him. I would pay 800mp only for Fedor. He would have an overall rating on 100+! :) hahaha...