PDA

View Full Version : Announcement idea

B T E R
05-05-2009, 06:58 PM
After looking at several game forums, i noticed the announcement thing at the top. most people do not see this as it is small and the same colour as the rest of the forum. i was thinking that it could be changed, so it was like a red background so it would be eye catching when you go onto the forum. or it could come up as a little window, a little bit like spam, but you can't miss it. what do you think?

Xplozion27
05-05-2009, 06:59 PM
I think this forum should convert over to phpBB3 because you can do that,
and loads of over cool stuff to :)

cheesyp00fs
05-05-2009, 07:17 PM
i like the idea of making it stand out, but the pop-up thing is too much, it would be annoying if you close the page and go back onto the site a few minutes later and you get the same pop-up with the same announcments.

kaleido42
05-05-2009, 10:24 PM
i like the idea of making it stand out, but the pop-up thing is too much, it would be annoying if you close the page and go back onto the site a few minutes later and you get the same pop-up with the same announcments.

Exactly what I was going to say, plus announcements don't come up very often. (don't they post most of that stuff to the main site anyways?)

Steve50013
05-05-2009, 10:46 PM
I think this forum should convert over to phpBB3 because you can do that,
and loads of over cool stuff to :)

Eh it's a pain to keep up with and it's not exactly user friendly.

B T E R
05-07-2009, 02:46 PM
i like the idea of making it stand out, but the pop-up thing is too much, it would be annoying if you close the page and go back onto the site a few minutes later and you get the same pop-up with the same announcments. i know it will get annoying, but it will force the people to read it and then they won't make a new thread.

NFaMuS one
05-07-2009, 03:20 PM
i know it will get annoying, but it will force the people to read it and then they won't make a new thread.

I like the idea of making it stand out. Good call on that one. However, I still think people will post new threads, as some people just dont read, or search for that matter. :p

dakisbac
05-07-2009, 05:49 PM
If they could somehow program it to automatically open the first time you go to the forum, I think would be even better

kaleido42
05-07-2009, 10:26 PM
If they could somehow program it to automatically open the first time you go to the forum, I think would be even better

Or when a new thread is made in there by a mod or admin, although how "easily" that can be done on vbulletin might be a turn off for the admins.