PDA

View Full Version : Any Takers?

JonnyC VT
12-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Ok, so I just finished reading a lovely article posted numerous times on this site by Team XBOX...Incase you missed it, here's the link:

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1803/Rainbow-Six-Vegas-Rankings-Breakdown/p1/

Of course it outlined rankings and what you get after moving up. The second part caught my attention about "boosting" while not at your XBOX. The example used was to set up a match with a friend or two and everyone rubberband the thumbsticks to prevent the players from being idle (a funny picture pops into my head of armor-clad troops walking into walls, haha). This sounds interesting and seems to work...

I will be online all day long if anyone would like to work on getting thier ranks up with this rubberband tactic, just shoot me a friend request (JCrizzle22)...If this thread was posted earlier for rubberband boosting I'm sorry, I never found it...

Anyways, hoping to get some friend requests so we can enjoy getting to Elite in less than 2 and a half years.

Fartmaster UEO
12-17-2006, 01:57 AM
now how is this supposed to work becuase they fixed the countdown glitch. So doesnt someone still have to do the work.

dhartwell
12-18-2006, 12:10 AM
uhh they didn't fix the countdown glitch

just made each round worth less

but it was clear he wasn't talking about contdown anyway

EXPL0ITS
12-18-2006, 01:28 AM
uhh they didn't fix the countdown glitch

just made each round worth less

but it was clear he wasn't talking about contdown anyway

yea whos gonna do dat for only 50 points a round.. dats gonna take 50000 rounds just to rank up once

JonnyC VT
12-18-2006, 07:05 PM
I think you guys missed the point (exeption dhartwell)...I'm not talking about exploiting the countdown glitch. I was talking about a real multiplayer session with rubberbands on the joysticks so you can let the game run without being present and since your charactor isnt idle, you'll get the points. Understand? A 20 minute game of team sharpshooter where the final score is 0-0 (a tie), everyone will get a split of the points, and have the game auto launch rounds.

Anyhow, I'm probably not gunna do this, since no one really wants to give it a shot. I guess I'll go about getting elite in the span of the next 12 months.

spartan117
12-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Set up a survival mp room for 20 minutes per game, 20 rounds per map change, 15 seconds autolaunch - for your controller rubberband the sticks together so you player spins around the whole time. The game will launch when you have a friend join, or set it open and maybe someone will join you.
You can get 800 points per round. It helps get to the middle tier rankings like 1st Lt., but it is still a looong way to go to get to elite.

EXPL0ITS
12-19-2006, 04:20 AM
Set up a survival mp room for 20 minutes per game, 20 rounds per map change, 15 seconds autolaunch - for your controller rubberband the sticks together so you player spins around the whole time. The game will launch when you have a friend join, or set it open and maybe someone will join you.
You can get 800 points per round. It helps get to the middle tier rankings like 1st Lt., but it is still a looong way to go to get to elite.

Im bought to try that :D

zam
12-19-2006, 06:08 AM
I'm up for it, send me a friend request (gamertag below and to the right)

dhartwell
12-19-2006, 03:45 PM
ok i tried it and it didn't work

once a new game started, even though the sticks were rubbber banned together my character would not move and eventually my controller would shut off

it seemed as though somehow one's controller would actually have to move a little bit per round in order for the character to move (much like if you open a word document while holdong a kay down it wont type, but if you let it go and press it again, it will)

i guess i could be wrong but that's what happened to me

LinearDistress
12-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Tis very interesting indeed, im up for it someone just tell me their time and gt on a game msg or send me an invite for it. GT is Lineardistress

JonnyC VT
12-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Kinda funny side note...

This whole rubber banding technique was something my friends and I used in Oblivion to level up certain attributes while not at the TV. For instance we would go to a house where someone was sleeping and go into sneak mode; while in sneak mode rubber band the joystick so that your character is walking into the wall next to the bed of the sleeping person, and leave...we would come back and have leveled up quite a few times. We did this with about 10 different attributes and it definitely worked (cheap huh?).

The method that by far works the best is by using the bands that are similar to the "Live Strong" bands, the thicker, and glorified type of rubber band.

I did this the other night with someone and I left the TV with my soldier walking into a wall, and came back after 35 minutes or so, and he was still walking into a wall, and I was getting about 800 points...so it does work.

So if anyone would like to give this a go, shoot me a request and we'll get it started. By the way, I'm new to the boards and must say I'm enjoying my stay here thus far!