PDA

View Full Version : Sony to publish Ghostbusters

ITRUK
05-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Sony have just bought the rights to publish Ghostbusters meaning the PS3, PS2 and PSP will get the game as planned while the Xbox 360 and Wii version is delayed until "later this year"

UPDATE: Firm picks up title from Atari in shock move; Release date on track for June 19th; 360 version coming ‘later in year'

Sony has negotiated a shock 11th-hour deal to publish the official Ghostbusters game throughout PAL territories in June.
The platform holder is the third publisher the game has had in the last 12 months. The title was previously owned by Vivendi before its merger with Activision, and then by Atari.
A Sony spokesperson told MCV this morning: “We will be releasing the title on June 19th, for PS3 and PS2, to co-incide with the release of the Blu Ray movie from Sony Pictures.” A PSP version will follow from Sony in the Autumn.
MCV has learnt that the title will still arrive on Xbox 360, DS and Wii, published by Atari. A rep from the publisher told MCV these SKUs will arrive "later this year".
UPDATE: “Atari is committed to maximizing the launch of the Ghostbusters videogame across Europe,” said Jim Wilson, VP worldwide marketing at Atari.
Taken from http://www.mcvuk.com/news/34186/Sony-to-publish-Ghostbusters

God damn $ony!!! They're too big for their boots :rant:

wild dog
05-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Sony have just bought the rights to publish Ghostbusters meaning the PS3, PS2 and PSP will get the game as planned while the Xbox 360 and Wii version is delayed until "later this year"

Taken from http://www.mcvuk.com/news/34186/Sony-to-publish-Ghostbusters

God damn !!! They're too big for their boots :rant:

Come on man you gota let the ps3 at least get something and m$ are far worse than sony for timed/exclusives, look at gta, m$ clearly paid rockstar for the exclusive dlc,

plus at least europe is getting the game atall cos sony owns the ghostbusters name and If sony wanted to have the ultimate comeback they would make it an exclusive period... so stop bitching and be thankful sony is letting us 360 owners get it

[Waggly Bean]
05-06-2009, 06:44 PM
So long as it does actually come to the 360 eventually I'm not fussed.

Although it'll probably end up being a bag of crap anyway. I really hope not, but I'm not expecting anything too great...

Stantz
05-06-2009, 08:11 PM
The NTSC Gun worked on the PAL xbox, maybe theres a chance that GB as well.

i hate sony

Richwoodward6
05-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Is there any way of knowing before the game comes out in the US whether it will be region free or not??

Mikeg2007
05-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Come on man you gota let the ps3 at least get something and m$ are far worse than sony for timed/exclusives, look at gta, m$ clearly paid rockstar for the exclusive dlc,

plus at least europe is getting the game atall cos sony owns the ghostbusters name and If sony wanted to have the ultimate comeback they would make it an exclusive period... so stop bitching and be thankful sony is letting us 360 owners get it

Wild umm people have a right to bitch about this. They canceled the game last year a month before it came out. Pushed it back to summer of june and here it is may and they are doing it again. It would be different if the game was not finished but the game is complete and ready for release. sony's property or not there are more 360 owners out there then ps3,so...ultimate comeback it would not be. People really want this game. so if you wanna come into forums and fight a topic then find somewhere else to go. im sure Playstation has a forum that you can join.

Mikeg2007
05-07-2009, 01:44 PM
oh and here is a article in regards to you exclusive dlc for GTA.

"In the most recent issue of PlayStation World Magazine, GTA4's senior developer Jeronimo Barrer said that the PS3 would be definitely be receiving downloadable content, like the Xbox360. However, it is unclear what shape or size the DLC will come in, when it will be available, or if it will cost money."

space_monkee69
05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Boooooooooooo!!!

wild dog
05-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Wild umm people have a right to bitch about this. They canceled the game last year a month before it came out. Pushed it back to summer of june and here it is may and they are doing it again. It would be different if the game was not finished but the game is complete and ready for release. sony's property or not there are more 360 owners out there then ps3,so...ultimate comeback it would not be. People really want this game. so if you wanna come into forums and fight a topic then find somewhere else to go. im sure Playstation has a forum that you can join.

ROLF u made me laugh so much :p, did u even read my post, im not favoring sony, all im saying is that sony owns the ghostbusters name so if sony were smart enough they would make it a playstation exclusive but instead they havent so people should stop complaining cos we are lucky its coming out on the 360 and lucky that sony didnt make it a playstation exclusive! read my post in future.

Oh and the game was not cancelled last year ! it was delayed due developer changing, so maybe you should look the other thread which ive posted in clearly explaining this !!! ;)

And another thing, why do you even care ? its only europe thats getting shafted, you live in usa so your ok !

Mikeg2007
05-08-2009, 02:32 AM
i thought you were favoring sony. my bad dude. But you are wrong about the canceling thing. Vivendi merged with Activision to form Activision Blizzard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activision_Blizzard) and because of that five franchises would be released through Activision. Ghostbusters was not one of them. So if atari didnt pick it up we wouldnt see a ghostbusters game. It was stuck in limbo/ canceled. Just like waaaay back if anyone remembers a certain Daredevil game that was supposed to come out for playstation 2

Spawnus
05-10-2009, 09:39 PM
If the US verison plays on a PAL 360 i'm so buying one, not waiting another 6 bloody months for this.

Kunduz
05-10-2009, 10:53 PM
timed exclusives are so gay :(

Kolin32k
05-15-2009, 12:32 AM
timed exclusives are so gay :(

Seriously Gay.

Stantz
05-19-2009, 02:38 PM
my mate just sold me his PS3 with 3games including Metal gear, and rambo on blu ray for £190, im gonna get ghostbusters and then after a week of non stop playing sell the whole thing.

XLO
05-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Boo!!!!!!!!

DeathConvoy
05-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Sure - Sony own the rights to it. Now that Sony have copied the whole achievements idea, theres no 'real' difference between the two versions... and they're going to get money on sales either way. Only reason I can see for this move is that it might be some kind of cheap way to try and get people to buy a PS3 console...

I've cancelled my pre-order for this. Won't be picking it up in November either, unless Atari's version is region-free. Sony are not getting my money on this title, and I'm not the only one that feels this way. With any luck, they'll look back on their decision and just release games at the same time, and make money off both sales.

xxxKGMxxx
05-22-2009, 01:20 AM
That way sony makes no money, only Gamestop. Ha Ha Ha
Games Played = 170+ Games Bought New = 8

ReaLiStiiC
05-22-2009, 01:36 AM
Damn I was gonna get this for my little cousin. QQ

Alanpartridge2009
05-22-2009, 06:18 AM

I don't mind letting the PS3 "get something" as long as its not something I want

Flips360
05-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Sony sucks! My friend lough at me, because he have a PS3. I can´t understand that.

Rabbid Jon 77
05-23-2009, 11:42 AM
I was gonna buy this but now Sony can go suck my baws. There is no way on gods green earth I would buy a PS3, and now I won't be buy the game on its eventual 360 release out of sheer spite. F*$! Sony. (oh and I deliberately spelled god with a lower case g)

Awesomeman
05-27-2009, 02:24 AM
Holy carp... I mean, look at the responses here. A whole slew of 13 year old fanbois crying because Sony isn't doing what they want with the property that they own. I've got both consoles and laughed my ass off when I heard that the 360 vesion was going to be delayed in some regions. When GTA4 and Fallout DLC was released and advertised as exclusive, how many of you laughed and shouted "Ha ah $0ny suxx. 360 is teh best get a beter console nubs".

As Wild Dog so eloquently put it, it's Sony's choice. And it really irks me to see people acting like spoilt little brats about this sort of thing.

Timed exclusives are evil, no matter who instigates them.

Oh yeah, and as for Mikeg2007's "so if you wanna come into forums and fight a topic then find somewhere else to go. im sure Playstation has a forum that you can join" The whole idea behind a forum is an area of discussion. Not just a long sequence of people agreeing with your point of view. Stay home in your mum's arms if you can't bear to hear that there are viewpoints that oppose your own.

wild dog
05-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Holy carp... I mean, look at the responses here. A whole slew of 13 year old fanbois crying because Sony isn't doing what they want with the property that they own. I've got both consoles and laughed my ass off when I heard that the 360 vesion was going to be delayed in some regions. When GTA4 and Fallout DLC was released and advertised as exclusive, how many of you laughed and shouted "Ha ah $0ny suxx. 360 is teh best get a beter console nubs".

As Wild Dog so eloquently put it, it's Sony's choice. And it really irks me to see people acting like spoilt little brats about this sort of thing.

Timed exclusives are evil, no matter who instigates them.

Oh yeah, and as for Mikeg2007's "so if you wanna come into forums and fight a topic then find somewhere else to go. im sure Playstation has a forum that you can join" The whole idea behind a forum is an area of discussion. Not just a long sequence of people agreeing with your point of view. Stay home in your mum's arms if you can't bear to hear that there are viewpoints that oppose your own.

Thank-you very much, your name suits you well ;)

oO Barricade Oo
06-03-2009, 05:09 PM
I know its delayed for PAL and most websites show this.... but why hasn't this website changed the date yet????
Release Date:
US: June 16, 2009
Europe: June 19, 2009
Japan:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/ghostbusters-the-video-game/overview/

tigro
06-03-2009, 05:13 PM
im pretty sure atari are releasing it in the US so and sony in the EU, so there could be a strong change the game will still be region free, heres to wishful thinking!

Stantz
06-04-2009, 06:40 AM
Gamesmaster reviewed it and gave it 85%,

not to bad me thinks...

Fizzmatix
06-04-2009, 04:25 PM
I know its delayed for PAL and most websites show this.... but why hasn't this website changed the date yet????
Release Date:
US: June 16, 2009
Europe: June 19, 2009
Japan:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/ghostbusters-the-video-game/overview/

They probably haven't changed it either because whoever controls the dates is busy or there is no need to change it as they don't know the release. Either way it's coming out later in the EU over america which I don't understand seeing as this games been finished forever.

Barad
06-06-2009, 06:14 PM
This might be better than i actually thought it would be hopefully! :woop:

BoYo
06-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Apparently this IS Region Free, anyone willing to pre-order this and see? Because I don't want to waste £40 on something that won't work. :(

tigro
06-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Apparently this IS Region Free, anyone willing to pre-order this and see? Because I don't want to waste £40 on something that won't work. :(

so its ok for someone else to waste £40 ? :confused:

ITRUK
06-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Confirmed, its region free :D

http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-360-version-of-ghostbusters-not-region-locked-132821.phtml

Mikeg2007
06-15-2009, 03:33 AM
Hey awesomeman if they never wanted to have responses they would have never posted the topic idiot. As for what people have to say, what do you think threads like this is for? Discussion and reactions. With my mum yeah ok that wouldnt work since i am married have my own house and this is not even worth argueing with a idiot like you who contradicted everything he just said about people complaining what do you think you just did? oh and by the way i never said i favored sony WOW they still make people like you?suck ballz!

Awesomeman
06-16-2009, 06:39 AM
Hey awesomeman if they never wanted to have responses they would have never posted the topic idiot. As for what people have to say, what do you think threads like this is for? Discussion and reactions. With my mum yeah ok that wouldnt work since i am married have my own house and this is not even worth argueing with a idiot like you who contradicted everything he just said about people complaining what do you think you just did? oh and by the way i never said i favored sony WOW they still make people like you?suck ballz!

Sorry dude, but I can't stop laughing while I'm reading this. You've made my day.

Want my opinion? And this is just my opinion mind you, but you need to lay off the Red Bull. Seriously. You're tweakin' out man and it's scaring the kids.

Where do you live? 'Coz I'm pretty sure that they don't let thirteen year olds get married and buy houses in any normal countries. Of course, I'm assuming from your reading comprehension, vocabulary and typing style that you're thirteen years old and not just mildly retarded.

As for my post, my point remains valid. There are too many people complaining that Sony is evil when they previously laughed about Sony missing out on MS timed exclusives. It's never pleasant when the shoe is on the other foot and so timed exclusives need to be avoided by all companies.

I also don't believe I ever said people shouldn't complain. Doesn't sound like something I'd say... I'm a big fan of complaining. I do it all the time. I've also already reiterated the point I was making so there's no need for me to do it again. I definitely didn't say you favoured Sony. In fact, if anything I was mocking you slightly for being such a blind Microsoft fanboi. Keep in mind that I've got plenty of time for fans of all consoles. I just hate the irrational fanbois that believe their chosen platform can do no wrong, but the opposition is the bastard child of Hitler, Satan and Richard Simmons.

This response is already too long, but I just have to ask one last thing about your recent post to me. In it you said "Hey awesomeman if they never wanted to have responses they would have never posted the topic idiot." but in the post I originally responded to you said "if you wanna come into forums and fight a topic then find somewhere else to go. im sure Playstation has a forum that you can join". So could you please explain to an idiot like me why someone replying to this thread with a comment intended to cause discussion (such as one opposing the OP's viewpoint), like the OP wanted (like you said), should go to the Playstation forums to do so?

Mikeg2007
06-16-2009, 07:04 PM
So let me get this straight.. you say that i don't favor Sony but yet you continue to tell me to join a Playstation forum? for what? Because you want to act all tuff and try and tell people off posting in a Xbox forum? For new person to this site you must have clearly wanted to join so you can start some drama and childish arguements on here. Your pathetic, get a life, you tell everyone to stop complaining on excusives and that you hate fans of one system. Hmmm Xbox360achievements.org. If you come to the site to be negative and just post in forums to tell people off, i think you need to get some Psychiatrichelp. Go back to playing Nintendo WII or something.

Mikeg2007
06-16-2009, 07:07 PM
This thread needs to be closed it clearly is not needed anymore.

Awesomeman
06-17-2009, 02:46 AM
So let me get this straight.. you say that i don't favor Sony but yet you continue to tell me to join a Playstation forum? for what? Because you want to act all tuff and try and tell people off posting in a Xbox forum? For new person to this site you must have clearly wanted to join so you can start some drama and childish arguements on here. Your pathetic, get a life, you tell everyone to stop complaining on excusives and that you hate fans of one system. Hmmm Xbox360achievements.org. If you come to the site to be negative and just post in forums to tell people off, i think you need to get some Psychiatrichelp. Go back to playing Nintendo WII or something.

I didn't tell you to join a Playstation forum. Why do you keep insisting that I did? You're the one that told peole to do that. In your initial post you said:

so if you wanna come into forums and fight a topic then find somewhere else to go. im sure Playstation has a forum that you can join.

And I'm not acting "tuff" at all. We're on a forum. It's kind of hard to be intimidating. I'm just bored at work and enjoy trolling the ignorant.

I did try to get "Psychiatrichelp" once. The psychiatrist told me that I had abandonment issues and then refused to give me a hug. Possibly because of the large erection I was sporting.

Please read my post again. I emphasised that I didn't hate fans of one system. I hate fanbois. There's a large difference. I also never said people shouldn't complain. Did you actually read my post or did you just make one up in your head?

And I would play my Wii, but no games that have piqued my interest have come out lately so I've stuck to my 360, PS3 and PC. Thanks for reminding me though, I have been neglecting it a little...

Mikeg2007
06-17-2009, 03:04 AM
LMAO :biglaugh