PDA

View Full Version : 26 achievments in one Game

Factory7007
05-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Hello there i was a total noob to this game, so i thought i would check the achievement list and have a quick game and try to get a few achievements before i checked on here for any guides, i made a slight plan of what achievements i wanted and started. As i progressed through the first game i found i was unlocking achievements left right and center so i thought i just write up what i did to perhaps help others.

TIPS before starting-don't capture enemy city's until you have done the one city achievement in guide, if you get any great people who can convert enemy city's make them wait in your city till later, try and keep peace as long as possible.

1-Start a game in the scenarios section called beta centuri.
2-Make sure u set the game to deity difficulty.
3-choose your civ (i choose Americans, any will do).
4-create your settlement where u start(its normally a good location) and don't change governments.
5-u will have all technology's so set city to gold, do not spend any gold we will save for economy victory, build 3 modern infantry and form an army (achievement no1- Once More Unto the Breach). whilst doing this barbarians should be continuously attacking you and leveling up you infantry, once one barbarian is defeated you will get achievement no2- Napalm in the Morning after a few wins you will get achievement no3- Before all Else, Be Armed.
6-once your army is formed set it to defend your city. (after a few wins they will be unbeatable by anything in the game) build a temple, whilst doing this chances are you will get achievement no4- Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride and achievement no5- The Will to Win is Everything.
7- once temple is built build a market, if at any point you get to 100 gold which should be soon if not already save game and then build a 2nd city by doing this u will get achievement no6- The Fruit of Labor. once achievement is unlockedreload saved game as we are going to get the win with 1 city achievement.
8- once market is built, build a bank then university, you should get a great person visit you shortly if not already which will give you achievement no7 80% of Success is Showing Up.
9-now build production increasing structures such as iron mine, factory and work shop.
10-now build walls.
11-now build food increasing structures and expansion structures such as, aqua duct, courthouse, granary and harbor.
12-now build a palace.
13-its time to set your sights on a wonder, and why not build the Manhattan project which once built will not only allow you to have a nuke but will stop anyone else having one, once this is built you will unlock achievement no8 Culture is Worth a Little Risk.
14-now its time to build an army of battleships and an army of artillery. Put the artillery in the battleships and go exploring with them in between turns, hopefully you should come across an ancient artifact on lone islands. With this you will unlock achievement no9 Good Afternoon, Doctor Jones.
15-by this time your city size should be around about level 20 once at 20 you will unlock achievement no10 What is the City But the People?
16-at this point i built and army of artillery and sat them outside of a barbarian base and set them to defense, and let the barbarians level them up.
17-you should be getting plenty of great people through culture and also be getting close to an economy victory, at this point carry on exploring with your battleship and once leveled up return your artillery back to your base and set them to defense.
18-now finish up building all available structures and start building modern infantry and forming army's as a defense, and waiting for the world bank to become available at the 20,000 gold mark. Once this appears set it to build and when you are one turn away save the game.
19-now finish the world bank to win an economy victory and unlock achievement no11 A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned
achievement no12 The Guy Who Signs the Checks
achievement no13 Playing the Game
achievement no14 Absolute Power is Kind of Neat
achievement no15 Power Never Takes a Back Step
achievement no16 We the People (if u used Americans).
20- no load up game and stop production of world bank by setting up your city as gold priority, it should say production delayed. now change your government to Monarchy which will give u 50% culture to your palace and you should unlock achievement no17 The Universal Brotherhood of Man. also if you have great persons that can culture flip city's do so and set the new city's to build modern infantry as defense, and buildings as u see fit.
21-after a few turns you should have enough great persons and culture flipped city's to build the united nations. at this point save again. once saved change production in your first city to united nations, and set to balanced. the united nations will build next turn giving you a cultural victory and unlock achievement no18 A Revelation of Man
achievement no19 Embiggens the Smallest Man
achievement no20 Citizen of the World
22-now reload your save and set city to build modern infantry, we are going for a domination victory next but that is pretty much impossible at this point, you can try if you like spam a city with bombers, artillery, and a nuke. what we really want to do is change our government to democracy +50% Science, +50% Gold now change your city to just mine gold and then science to gain achievement no21 The Root of All Evil and achievement no22 Organized Knowledge.
23-try to ether make or capture a city near lots of mountains and trees and build all buildings (which shouldn't take long you can rush one every turn as you should have plenty of money) now change government to Communism +50% Production. wait one turn and if production is over 200 in any city(remember great persons can also add 50%) you will unlock achievement no23 Curse of the Drinking Class.
24- soon the game will inform you that the game will end in a certain amount of turns, and because you have been continuously defending and killing A LOT of units you will win a domination victory and hay-presto 3 more achievements no24 Have Fun Storming the Castle achievement no25 Vi Victa Vis achievement no26 Such Joy Ambition Finds

Thank you for reading please feel free to comment

KillTheft Gator
05-06-2009, 08:28 PM
TIPS before starting-don't capture enemy city's until you have done the one city achievement in guide, if you get any great people who can convert enemy city's make them wait in your city till later, try and keep peace as long as possible.

To get the "one city achievement" you only have to avoid building a second city yourself. You are free to capture other civilization's cities with culture and military as you please.

Factory7007
05-07-2009, 04:19 PM
To get the "one city achievement" you only have to avoid building a second city yourself. You are free to capture other civilization's cities with culture and military as you please.

thanks for the tip wish i would of known that earlier lol