PDA

View Full Version : Where should I rent games?

steviecrocker
12-17-2006, 12:54 AM
Yo peeps! I'm thinking of joining a rental service either through the net or a major retailer, but I want to know what you guys think would be my best bet, IE the quality of service, reliabilty, choice of games and of course the most important aspect value for money. I aint doing this to boost my gamerscore, I just want to rent quality games, so let me know if the service stocks a fair few of the bigger titles (Viva Pinata, Test Drive, Rainbow 6, Dead Rising, F.E.A.R and Football Manager 2007 are the main ones I'm after). I know the Americans have that gamefly or whatever it's called, but I live in good ol' sunny Plymouth, England so what would everyone recommend? Thanks guys :drunk

graemelunn
12-17-2006, 01:21 AM
I heard Game Frenzy are good if that helps m8. Other than that, I used to use ScreenSelect for DVD rentals - not sure if they do games tho?

Webb
12-17-2006, 01:28 AM
GameFrenzy are awesome ;)

No probs over here. Plus if you use the link on the frontpage, we get commission ;)

slowpantz
12-17-2006, 04:30 AM
I use Gamefly and they have been B****ES to me latley its been over a week since they recieved my games and they wont ship me new ones :mad:

Im a Manatee
12-17-2006, 04:32 AM
Slow, he's in the U.K. It would take seven days to get there... oh, wait...

Cola Alone
12-17-2006, 04:54 AM
Don't rent; steal.

I used Gamefly for awhile and got sick of it. At first it was nice. Then the service went to shit.

SixtyeightState
12-17-2006, 05:56 AM
Blockbuster and Gamefly are a wonderful combination. That's what I do, personally I think Gamefly is fine and I have had no trouble with them so far.

Definatly reccomend them.

PerpetualHeaven
12-17-2006, 06:41 AM
I don't think the UK has gamefly considering Canada doesn't have it either. Anyways, listen to Webb. Use gamefrenzy. It commissions the site and it works well. Win-win situation for everyone! Yipee!

KeiFo
12-17-2006, 11:39 AM
i use game frenzy and to be honest im a bit dissapointed i joined so i could play all the new games coming out eg. pro evo smackdown vs raw call of duty 3 gears of war and so on but i am yet to receive any of these insteed i have got the older games on my list even tho i put all the above at the top of my list it seems to me that they will send out the oldest games first which is dissapointing seens as tho i only joined cus i cant afford to play these games any other way.

MATTUMUZ
12-17-2006, 11:44 AM
I use www.swapgame.com (http://www.swapgame.com), there fast and reliable, another good choice in my opinion! I've been using them for 6 months, no problems yet!

Thx
MATTUMUZ

Webb
12-17-2006, 02:56 PM
I've got release games from GameFrenzy before on release date, 3 in fact, so I don't have a problem with it. I do however keep my list on the thin side so I kinda choose what I want in a way.

PerpetualHeaven
12-17-2006, 06:09 PM
i use game frenzy and to be honest im a bit dissapointed i joined so i could play all the new games coming out eg. pro evo smackdown vs raw call of duty 3 gears of war and so on but i am yet to receive any of these insteed i have got the older games on my list even tho i put all the above at the top of my list it seems to me that they will send out the oldest games first which is dissapointing seens as tho i only joined cus i cant afford to play these games any other way.

dude that's how every game company works. Don't put the old games on your list at all. I had Kameo and Condemned as my 20th and 21st picks yet they had full stock of the newer ones. Any rental company would do that but now you've seen it in action, remove all your old games and only put the new ones.

Minty
12-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Yeah, im with Webby and recommend Gamesfrenzy- in fact I recommended them to Webby :p

And as he says, they are affiliates of the site, so if you sign up on the front page, we get money to help towards our hosting costs etc ;)

femalealert
12-17-2006, 08:23 PM
I use lovefilm.com. They have a really quick turnaround and you an opt to rent 1, 2 or 3 at a time. For two at a time it is 12.99 per month. Not sure about the others. You can pre order games too and also have the option of renting, downloading or buying movies. :blunt

Im a Manatee
12-18-2006, 03:54 AM
Don't rent; steal.

I used Gamefly for awhile and got sick of it. At first it was nice. Then the service went to shit.

Did this happen to be around the time of the 360 launch??

IceWarm
12-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Gamefly all the way. I've been using it for over three years. They also have great prices on the games you rent if you decide to buy them.

Webb
12-19-2006, 12:51 AM
He's in the UK fella ;) Gamefly don't like us :p

steviecrocker
12-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Well as always you guys have given me allot of food for thought. Kinda worries that if I join that game frenzy or whatever it's called that I might have trouble getting the top titles, but hey it's better then my local 'Apollo' where the newest tile I can rent is LMA 2005... Nuff said... :drunk

Zef
01-01-2007, 06:33 PM
I may switch to games frenzy. I currently use Lovefilm, previously screenselect, but I complained early on and got alot of free month vouchers which I am working off, then go another two months free as a Christmas gift from them. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Dark Fury
01-01-2007, 06:45 PM
SwapGame is good - i've had problems over Christmas however but hopefully it'll be back to normal by the end of the week.