PDA

View Full Version : Server question due to 3D Realms closing...

NFaMuS one
05-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Given the recent news of 3D Realms closing it's doors (between this news and Midway filing bankruptcy, I don't know which is worse,) I was wondering if a server closure will be inbound soon? :(

I do realize that it is still quite early to call it, but I have scoured the internet and have come back with nothing, which leads me to believe that we would have nothing to worry about, however, anything is possible.

Has anyone heard or read anything relating to possible server closure?

EDIT: Upon further information given, it appears that 3D Realms is still alive and kickin', hence making this post pointless, lol. My bad.

Coldgears
05-29-2009, 07:01 PM
EDIT: Upon further information given, it appears that 3D Realms is still alive and kickin', hence making this post pointless, lol. My bad.

Well, your post was pointless before considering Microsoft is the person that controls ALL servers, well aside from EA...

UCB Disco
06-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Well, your post was pointless before considering Microsoft is the person that controls ALL servers, well aside from EA...

However, if you have noticed for this whole week so far, the Ranked Playlists are now closed. Not sure if it's because of the 3D Realms situation or Xbox LIVE's maintenance thing on Tuesday (6/16/09).

wolvieware
08-14-2009, 11:17 PM
I've still been able to play coop this week online.

PiLL E PoPnzZ925
10-29-2009, 05:22 AM
I think now they did go Blankrupt...kinda sucks..