PDA

View Full Version : A Sweet Idea ;)

Invader2010
05-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Hey, I was thinking about an upgrade...I know we have "Achievement Guides" but what about actual Walk-through guides? Guides that will be entire an entire walk-through for the games. Good Idea? Let me know what everyone thinks...I think this would be cool to help out all the people who seem to need help on games...If they can't get past certain parts in games...how do we expect them to get the achievements? lol. Sure they could look it up on other sites maybe, but it would make this site more active and popular I would say. :woop:

NFaMuS one
05-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Hey, I was thinking about an upgrade...I know we have "Achievement Guides" but what about actual Walk-through guides? Guides that will be entire an entire walk-through for the games. Good Idea? Let me know what everyone thinks...I think this would be cool to help out all the people who seem to need help on games...If they can't get past certain parts in games...how do we expect them to get the achievements? lol. Sure they could look it up on other sites maybe, but it would make this site more active and popular I would say. :woop:

To my knowledge, those can just be done at will, by whomever wants to take the time that is involved in writing a walkthrough. Also, sometimes, when members here write achievement guides, they may include links to other sites that contain a walkthrough. However, if you mean having a seperate section for just walkthroughs, that would be a good idea, however, that is easily remedied by posting the walkthrough in the forums and linking to it from the achievement guide, or if a mod feels it should be stickied.

Myself, I'm working on a few walkthroughs at the moment, and plan to post them in their respective forums once they're completed.

Invader2010
05-07-2009, 08:01 PM
To my knowledge, those can just be done at will, by whomever wants to take the time that is involved in writing a walkthrough. Also, sometimes, when members here write achievement guides, they may include links to other sites that contain a walkthrough. However, if you mean having a seperate section for just walkthroughs, that would be a good idea, however, that is easily remedied by posting the walkthrough in the forums and linking to it from the achievement guide, or if a mod feels it should be stickied.

Myself, I'm working on a few walkthroughs at the moment, and plan to post them in their respective forums once they're completed.

yea, thats what i mean is an actual separate walk-through section. ;) Instead of having links to other sites and stuff...

MentalMelon
05-07-2009, 08:19 PM
i think it would be a good idea, would make it a bit clearer so people don't have to look through the whole game forum for the walkthrough, i myself like to read walkthroughs just to see if there is anything i have missed in a game :)

Andrew x360a
05-07-2009, 08:32 PM

All people have to do is write them. If they're written, posted, and helpful, we'll link to them from the guides on the main site.

Invader2010
05-07-2009, 08:37 PM
All people have to do is write them. If they're written, posted, and helpful, we'll link to them from the guides on the main site.

Any chance people could get the same perks as people who make achievement guides? Such as people getting an award for having a walk-through submitted or something?

LoveAGramm
05-07-2009, 08:38 PM
We should just attack gamefaq and steal their booty!

The Pants Party
05-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Any chance people could get the same perks as people who make achievement guides? Such as people getting an award for having a walk-through submitted or something?

That's what the A+ award is for. Not specifically just walkthroughs, but collectible guides, etc.

Invader2010
05-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Alright cool..

JVViz
05-08-2009, 01:50 AM
I think it's not a bad idea. Requires lots of dedication though. God help whoever has to do the walkthrough for Mass Effect or GTA IV. Those games are supa long.

Invader2010
05-08-2009, 02:31 AM
I think it's not a bad idea. Requires lots of dedication though. God help whoever has to do the walkthrough for Mass Effect or GTA IV. Those games are supa long.
I would totally do Mass Effect just because i love that game and played it over 9 times through and know everything about it...but GTA IV can go fuck itself...lol. i liked it the first playthrough but after that... not so much.

Skillet
05-08-2009, 02:39 AM
I would totally do Mass Effect just because i love that game and played it over 9 times through and know everything about it...but GTA IV can go fuck itself...lol. i liked it the first playthrough but after that... not so much.

If you want to write a Mass Effect guide, then go write it.

Nobody's stopping you. :p

I wrote a Dead Space guide. I thought of doing a few others but most of the good/newer games are already taken. I'd have to write them for older games.

Any content like that helps the site in one way or another though. If you're willing to take the time to do it, go for it.

Invader2010
05-08-2009, 03:10 AM
Maybe I will.... :P