PDA

View Full Version : My Xbox just died 8 days before Christmas

Substance 360
12-17-2006, 10:42 PM
:(

If i call the support line,etc tommorow, is there any chance of getting it back by christmas ? Its the 3 red lights, hardware failiure, im having an HDTV for christmas, this is the worst timing.

Please o' Please help me X360A !!!

I N64 I MaRiO
12-17-2006, 11:10 PM
dude those guys are retarded... i called them to try to get my account back from my old xbox and they are blatently retarded they told me so much stuff instead of what i needed to do... oh about your 360 you'll prolly get it just before jan. sorry bud ( i hope you have something to fall back on )

69th post!!!!!!! cool

Substance 360
12-17-2006, 11:29 PM
:( :( :( :(

Please, for god sakes someone explain something about anything, im soooo desperate, GAME's one year warranty ? am i screwed, i had mine Dec 2nd...

PerpetualHeaven
12-18-2006, 12:17 AM
First where are you located?
If you're located near Texas you're in luck. You should get it back really fast. If you can, ask if you can get all of this done express so you can pay for it. If you do it express you should get it back in no time.
I got mine back in 11 business days so that's Mon-Friday, Mon-Friday, and I got it back MOnday.
Will you get it back by christmas? Not a chance in hell my friend. It way too late to send it in now.But send it in now you shhould have it back by new years or a week after that.

eggnog
12-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Well, you said you got it Dec. 2nd (I think) so fuck Microsoft, just return it to your place of purchase, and they should swap it out and you can walk away with a brand-spankin' new one.

If not, call Microsoft (bleh) and depending on where you live it might take anywhere from 1-2+ weeks for them to fix and return it.

Good luck!

razzleson
12-18-2006, 01:54 AM
That sucks ass, this past week has been horrid for 360 owners.

Out of the 17 people on my Live friend's list, two of them had their 360's die this week.

I hope all goes well!

Cause
12-18-2006, 02:25 AM
:(

If i call the support line,etc tommorow, is there any chance of getting it back by christmas ? Its the 3 red lights, hardware failiure, im having an HDTV for christmas, this is the worst timing.

Please o' Please help me X360A !!!
dude that sucks. Mines just did yesterday too. I just called ebgames and they said they will give me 44 dollars for it. I was ready to pull my hair out.

razzleson
12-18-2006, 02:28 AM
dude that sucks. Mines just did yesterday too. I just called ebgames and they said they will give me 44 dollars for it. I was ready to pull my hair out.
If you're out of warranty and don't want to pay the repair fees PM me, I'll give you a hell of a lot more than EB Games.

EB games = shit trade-ins

Substance 360
12-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Well, ive called M$ now, and i couldnt understand the god damm phone line operator, what exactly happens next ? Put my 360 in a box, they'll send a label,etc i dont get it ????

P1NSEEKER
12-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Are you in the u.k?

Substance 360
12-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Are you in the u.k?

Yeah I am, Wales.

P1NSEEKER
12-18-2006, 02:30 PM
They should be emailing you a shipping label.

When you recieve the email there will be a ups phone number give em a ring and arrange a pick up you'll need to box it up yourself (not in the original box) and attach the label to the box.

{Edit} When you say Dec 2nd do you mean '05 or '06?

Substance 360
12-18-2006, 02:57 PM
They should be emailing you a shipping label.

When you recieve the email there will be a ups phone number give em a ring and arrange a pick up you'll need to box it up yourself (not in the original box) and attach the label to the box.

{Edit} When you say Dec 2nd do you mean '05 or '06?

2005 Baby:woop:

P1NSEEKER
12-18-2006, 03:04 PM
They may charge you then im afraid :(

highpass
12-18-2006, 03:23 PM
They may charge you then im afraid :(

For the repair? I thought MS stated any 360 made prior to 1/1/06 was valid for free repairs recently?

P1NSEEKER
12-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Oooh yeah! I forgot about that you may be ok then!

(doubt you'll have it back before xmas though)

Webb
12-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Thats what I thought but someone shot me down the other day about that one. Try looking in Franco's thread regarding his 360 dying.

PerpetualHeaven
12-18-2006, 04:01 PM
I've heard people in the UK get their consoles back hella fast.
One guy on my list got his 360 back in freaking 6 days! I don't know how but they shipped him a new one while his old one was being sent. I've heard alot of UKians getting their 360s back really fast.

edit: WALES BOY!! I used to live there for 4 years. Cardiff, wales to be precise.

ScottEvil30
12-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Mine busted last week and we complained to Microsoft and Woolworths until Woolworths replaced it with a new one.

I feel your pain though :(

vincesecuricor2
12-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Ouch if mine dies... i cry, but nah thats 2 bad u wont get no gaming in over christmas, hope your NOT gettin any games for xmas lol

Hells Zargon
12-18-2006, 10:31 PM
That's very hard luck mate. Hope you can get it fixed very soon!

Jmaster Jr
12-18-2006, 10:51 PM
the three red lights means its overheating not a system malfunction that is 4 red lights just put it in the middle of the room or by an open window if it is cool outside or buy one of the inter cooler fans i hope you didnt send it in already

razzleson
12-18-2006, 10:56 PM
the three red lights means its overheating not a system malfunction that is 4 red lights just put it in the middle of the room or by an open window if it is cool outside or buy one of the inter cooler fans i hope you didnt send it in already
DON'T buy an Intercooler! They do more harm then good. Just be smart and send the box in and get another one. Shit luck, but I hope it gets to you quick.

IceWarm
12-19-2006, 12:39 AM
My original 360 died after 6 months. The whole DVD tray popped out and a couple gears that were all chewed up popped out as well. There was a spot on one of the gears where you can see the rubber band goes but the gear was all busted so it wouldn't hold the rubber band on. My warranty was expired and MS said they would look at it but it would cost me and there was also no guarantee it was fixable. So I just bought a core system and popped my hard drive on it. This all happened in October.

PerpetualHeaven
12-19-2006, 01:26 AM

dude if you get the 3 red lights period that means it'll lead to future problems. 4 red lights could be your AV cables so that isn't any excuse at all to send it in. I had the 3 red lights several times which led to an overheating system. So if it's overheating easily I don't think you should be relocating it several times and doing several pointless things to stop the inevitable. That's just me though.

And just for anyone who doesn't know if you plug your power supply directly into the wall, that will reduce alot of the red lights people get. Apparently a microsoft rep said thats the biggest reason why people get the red lights. The Power supply apparently has a surge protector built into it which is why people get pr oblems when you plug the console into surge protectors and power strip.

razzleson
12-19-2006, 01:42 AM
And just for anyone who doesn't know if you plug your power supply directly into the wall, that will reduce alot of the red lights people get. Apparently a microsoft rep said thats the biggest reason why people get the red lights. The Power supply apparently has a surge protector built into it which is why people get pr oblems when you plug the console into surge protectors and power strip.
Here you go buddy. Official link HERE (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906101/en-us).

The power supply has several built-in safeguards to help prevent damage to either the console or to the power supply itself. The power supply can turn itself off in conditions of too much current, too-high voltage, or too-high temperature. Under these conditions, the light on the power supply will turn from green to orange or to red, or the light will turn off. When the power supply light is green, the power supply is functioning correctly.
Follow these safeguards to help the power supply work:

Do not block any ventilation openings in the power supply.
Do not put the power supply on a bed, on a sofa, or on any other soft surface that may block ventilation openings.
Do not put the power supply in a confined space, such as a bookcase, a rack, or a stereo cabinet, unless the space is well ventilated.
Do not put the power supply on a stereo speaker, an amplifier, or a heat source such as a radiator or a heat register.
Plug the power supply directly into a known good wall outlet. Do not use extension cords or power strips.

KilluhKam
12-19-2006, 08:37 AM
First where are you located?
If you're located near Texas you're in luck. You should get it back really fast. If you can, ask if you can get all of this done express so you can pay for it. If you do it express you should get it back in no time.
I got mine back in 11 business days so that's Mon-Friday, Mon-Friday, and I got it back MOnday.
Will you get it back by christmas? Not a chance in hell my friend. It way too late to send it in now.But send it in now you shhould have it back by new years or a week after that.

hell yeah if you live in texas its fast, i live a couple hours away from where the place is i had to send my xbox to, they sent the box on a wednesday i got it the next day, put my 360 in it and gave it to UPS on friday, monday they had already sent a 360 out to me and the next day i gotten it, bam! less then a week and i had my broken 360 into them and a refurbished one sent back! (about 4 days not counting weekend because UPS dosnt run on weekend)

KilluhKam
12-19-2006, 08:39 AM

i had the 3 red lights and mine WAS a system malfunction,my friend is a modder and when i told him about my problem he e-mailed me this one thing that would help me figure out what was wrong with my console, after doing what it said my problem ended up being unkown. out of everything on the list 2 things were unkown and mine was one of them, luckily i bought a new one and got my other fixed for free! (months later of course) so now i have 2 360's! (might be selling one soon to get a jap. 360 though, most likely the refurbished one)

Substance 360
12-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Ok, ive recieved a little delivery note thing, and im confused, is this also the label ?

P1NSEEKER
12-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Does it have a barcode,address and tracking number on it?

Substance 360
12-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Does it have a barcode,address and tracking number on it?

Nah it basically says to me, time they came, date, there is a barcode, invoice nunmber, im sure its just something they left to say they called

P1NSEEKER
12-19-2006, 01:26 PM
So they tried to collect it but you were out? That probably means you need to re-arrange the collection.

Your delivery note should have been emailed to you.

Substance 360
12-19-2006, 01:33 PM
So they tried to collect it but you were out? That probably means you need to re-arrange the collection.

Your delivery note should have been emailed to you.

1) Yeah thats right

2) The labels should have been emailed ? hmm. Well i did say i didnt have access to a printer, so, maybe theyll send them ?

P1NSEEKER
12-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Oh i dunno what the procedure would be if you dont have a printer sorry dude. maybe the guy that collects it will bring one with him.

Substance 360
12-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Okay thannks anyway

Substance 360
12-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Ive phoned MS twice now as i havent had the email through. How long does this take ?

Subject_Me
12-20-2006, 07:58 PM
hey the same thing happened to me my xbox broke last week so my xmas present (HDTV) wount be playing any HD until after xmas possibly new year. Ask the people at the call centre to send you the label and a person will come with it and should take the xbox a way (it will need to be in a box)