PDA

View Full Version : What counts as a 'retry'???

Filter x360a
05-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Ok, this may seem really dumb, but i was going through mission 1 again trying to get all of the QTE correct and messed up on one of them. I was close to end the end so decided to finish the level and in my stats it says I have a 0 retry count. Are retry's just for dying and not for QTE?

Very confused...

FX.

FlairisOld
05-09-2009, 11:21 PM
you can mess up QTE as often as you want, only if you die you waste 1 retry

Filter x360a
05-10-2009, 12:26 AM
you can mess up QTE as often as you want, only if you die you waste 1 retry

I kind of figured this out, but not soon enough. I went through the entire first 6 mission doing every quick time event perfect because I thought that counted as a retry, given the giant RETRY? on my screen every time I goofed....wow, a lot of wasted hours right there.

oh well, live and learn.

FX.

cra
05-11-2009, 05:58 AM
well and i thought it would be obvious that once you die and the RETRY option appears, that this would be a retry O_o ^^

JieXY
05-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Manually reload or death counted as Retry. The big RETRY thing in QTE is quite misleading, but you've probably noticed that after several missions.

Filter x360a
05-11-2009, 03:31 PM
well and i thought it would be obvious that once you die and the RETRY option appears, that this would be a retry O_o ^^

wtf man? when you miss a QTE, it says RETRY on the screen...of course when you die it is "obvious"...I was more concerned with missing QTE and if that counted.

Just an honest question, you don't have to come off like an ass.

FX.

cra
05-12-2009, 05:55 AM
well try to understand that this question has been answered like 20times, however it feels like it.

otherwise you could have checked it in your mission stats, once you count how often you actually died and missed a QTE. then you would have noticed that only dieing is counted^^

Filter x360a
05-12-2009, 10:07 PM
well try to understand that this question has been answered like 20times, however it feels like it.

otherwise you could have checked it in your mission stats, once you count how often you actually died and missed a QTE. then you would have noticed that only dieing is counted^^

But you, as the author of the achievement guide AND the roadmap guide, should be including stuff that maybe you think is "obvious" in such guides to help people, like me, who "obviously" don't have your level of intellect.

Look at the guide lines for posting achievement guides. It says that (basically) had to be idiot proof. I thought this was a valid question - and you said that it's been answered "like 20times" so I think other people have the same problem.

Whatever man, I think you are being a douche because I asked a question and your irritated. If you are going to write guides, be prepared for the same question over and over or at least point someone in the right direction of the answer. Being an asshole gets no one anywhere.

FX.

cra
05-13-2009, 05:33 AM
i have no problem answering questions, but there are a LOT gamers out there who just post a question without READING the roadmap+achv guide+collectible guide where 95% should be made clear.

i've experienced the same with TLR and NG2 and if you for example answer in NG2 50times if you can use projectile subweapons only instead of weapons to cut the weapons runs shorter and there is already an EXISTING FAQ concerning only this, you feel disappointed.

and just to please you i added it to the achv description

JieXY
05-13-2009, 06:07 PM
To some people, asking questions in most situations are a lot faster and easier than getting answers by themselves from previous discussions or even FAQs. Some of us are willing to answer most of the questions, but it really is a waste of resources to answer the same ones over and over.

The guide made by cra is helpful. It may not include the basic introductions to the game system, but I think, after several hours of trying, one should have the ability to find what the game is about and how it works. If the game still confuses you, try searching before posting.

Filter x360a
05-15-2009, 12:05 AM
I did seach for this answer, and also posted that if someone can just point me in the right direction, that would be great.

In the end, I did figure it out for myself after hours of gameplay...just wanted to put this out there for anyone else who may have the same problem.

*sigh*

FX.