PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Invader999
05-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Discuss the achievements here.

Svatos
06-24-2009, 10:40 PM
how do you get the freezing achievement (use 10 ice pawns)???

OneSweetShannon
06-24-2009, 11:33 PM
how do you get the freezing achievement (use 10 ice pawns)???

You have to play Battle Boxes. One of the power ups is an Ice Pawn. Once you've used 10 of those the achievement will pop. And I am pretty sure it is cumulative, so you don't have to use 10 of them in one single game.

Svatos
06-25-2009, 06:30 PM
THanks I will give that a try

ApochWeiss
06-26-2009, 03:19 PM
I Don't Need Help (10)
How the hell do you get this?! I somehow managed to get it for my Alt account, but not mine, and I've been trying for about 2 hours now! Any suggestions?

OneSweetShannon
06-26-2009, 03:56 PM
I Don't Need Help (10)
How the hell do you get this?! I somehow managed to get it for my Alt account, but not mine, and I've been trying for about 2 hours now! Any suggestions?

Use your other player to try to get all the boxes possible to make it easier for your main account to avoid them.

When there are powerups in your way, if you can do it gingerly enough, you can target your pawns so they never cross into the center of the board and just languish in your lane. (my method for this is to not pull back on the stick, but push only, and to the direct right or left -- it will register as a move, but it will fail, which is good in this situation.)

If you have a clear pathway with no powerups, try to send your pawn hard to the far edge of the center. It will be likely to not be moved at all by the other player or pushed out. This just limits the possibilities for it to get pushed into a powerup accidentally.

ApochWeiss
06-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Use your other player to try to get all the boxes possible to make it easier for your main account to avoid them.

When there are powerups in your way, if you can do it gingerly enough, you can target your pawns so they never cross into the center of the board and just languish in your lane. (my method for this is to not pull back on the stick, but push only, and to the direct right or left -- it will register as a move, but it will fail, which is good in this situation.)

If you have a clear pathway with no powerups, try to send your pawn hard to the far edge of the center. It will be likely to not be moved at all by the other player or pushed out. This just limits the possibilities for it to get pushed into a powerup accidentally.

Thanks for the help, I did get it though, I just kept tapping the button forward so the pawns didn't even leave the runway and let the 2nd play win. I didn't realize i didn't have to win the match to get it :D Just go 200.

Svatos
06-27-2009, 01:10 AM
well I have tried to get the ice pawn one, and Im not even sure Im getting that as one of the 8 power ups, so Im not sure whats going on???

Alrohir
06-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Over the falls
Knock 4 pawns of the same colour out in one game of Sorry! Sliders

Is this all at once or over one game i cant get it to unlock.

gamergirl11
06-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Can anyone confirm that the 'Ice Man' achievement is cumulative? Or does it have to all be done in one game?

porkchop547
07-01-2009, 07:34 AM
yea i have the same question

rawkerdude5012
07-01-2009, 04:43 PM
yes it is cumulative

Yelll o
05-15-2010, 08:08 PM
anybody else having a hard time getting the acheev where u must knock 4 pawns of the same color off?

Yelll o
05-16-2010, 12:49 AM
Just got 'Over the Falls'.. kinda time consuming. I got it by playing with 3 AIs, Battle boxes ON, Turn Table OFF, KO Penalties ON, and Game Mode: Instant Sorry! In one game I knocked BLUE off 4x, YELLOW off 3x, and GREEN 5x. Only downer is that the game will last awhile since KO penalties is on.. works good when u need more time to get KOs.. but once u have them, u have to keep waiting for someone to win.

jamie1
09-15-2010, 01:46 AM
whats the best way to make sure u get the 20 wins in sorry sliders?
does anyone have any tips on how hard or how soft when lauching the pawns so u can get the 5 or 4?