PDA

View Full Version : UFC Demo Blood Effects Discussion

Apache 117
05-10-2009, 05:25 PM
I think the blood effects in ufc demo look like someone has just throwen tomato sauce over them, I would like see more blood effect on their faces when you beat them up instead of a little scab under their eye.
What is your opinion on the blood effect in the demo? For me I hope it will be better in the actual game but overall this game looks really good.

Thelorn
05-10-2009, 06:30 PM
I think the blood effects are pretty well done in this game. It's not the same repeated few blood animations or cuts. You've got multiple levels of bruising, can get multiple cuts, and blood can stain the mat and get on other fighters. I would say it was pretty well done for a first attempt. I'm just glad they didn't use the same old Smackdown vs Raw blood animation.

st4mp
05-10-2009, 08:57 PM
I think the blood effects are pretty well done in this game. It's not the same repeated few blood animations or cuts. You've got multiple levels of bruising, can get multiple cuts, and blood can stain the mat and get on other fighters. I would say it was pretty well done for a first attempt. I'm just glad they didn't use the same old Smackdown vs Raw blood animation.

I semi agree and semi disagree...I do agree the cuts and bruising are really well done on the face. I would like to see more bruising or redness on the body and legs like they did on the face. Not saying they wont bc maybe it will be in the full game, probably not. Still I really like the blood effects as a whole

GeezusDylan160
05-10-2009, 09:13 PM
I actually throughly enjoy the blood effects, when I land a right hand I'm not expecting his head to literally fly off his shoulders and then a fountain of blood errupt from between his shoulders where his head once sat (that would be pretty fucking cool though if it was that type of game). If I wanted that I'd go play some old school Mortal Kombat games. I feel like the depiction of damage is fairly realistic, you don't get cut in the same spot every time you fight like in the WWE game my little brothers play. I can agree that when you land a punch and knock them down the way the blood flies off them looks a little weird...but hey it's the demo so it isn't going to be perfect right? All in all this game isn't supposed to be overkill in the gore department so therefore I really like it :)

Dert McGert
05-11-2009, 01:45 AM
I just hope that I get to see armbars snap the limbs.
http://www.bramaleainsurgent.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/mirsylvia.gif
http://www.yorkblog.com/mma/armbreak.gif

FateofVengeance
05-11-2009, 01:56 AM
I just hope that I get to see armbars snap the limbs.

It would be nice to see it similar to the way Fight Club did. Bad game neat concept.

Dert McGert
05-11-2009, 02:07 AM
It would be nice to see it similar to the way Fight Club did. Bad game neat concept.
This isn't Fight Club, this is realhttp://i34.tinypic.com/2vjtlza.jpg

FateofVengeance
05-11-2009, 02:50 AM
I know I'm an avid fan of the sport im talking about the breaking animations the Fight Club game used with the xray cinematic only maybe and isolated shot of the break area.

Tussell
05-12-2009, 05:19 AM
This isn't Fight Club, this is real
We understand that, we were talking about the game.
UFC Undisputed isn't real either, it's a video game. I don't understand why you're getting all 'tough guy' here and posting little .gifs of people fighting. Not only is it annoying, but it's lagging up the thread.

Anyways, back on topic, I'd like to see more blood personally, because from what I've seen on UFC it can get pretty bloody, but it seems like it doesn't get very bloody in the fights, but again, I've only played the demo and I didn't play too much of it, as I didn't thoroughly enjoy it.

Dert McGert
05-12-2009, 05:30 AM
We understand that, we were talking about the game.
UFC Undisputed isn't real either, it's a video game. I don't understand why you're getting all 'tough guy' here and posting little .gifs of people fighting. Not only is it annoying, but it's lagging up the thread.

Sarcasm tough guy, sarcasm.

CrAzYnEsS
05-12-2009, 08:53 AM
not all the real fights that you see in the UFC end up being a blood bath, but in some instences old wounds tend to open up so i would like to see that kind of effect in career mode. in some instences however, there are rear occasions when people get opened up pretty badly when there are no old wounds present, so i hope we'll see somthing like that also.

FateofVengeance
05-12-2009, 02:17 PM
will they have doctor stoppages due to cuts i wonder?

GeezusDylan160
05-14-2009, 02:05 AM
will they have doctor stoppages due to cuts i wonder?

I wonder the same thing, I discussed it with someone months ago and after playing the demo I feel like doctor stoppages WILL NOT occur, got some pretty nasty gashes and nothing really happened other then a little blood.

thefamousamos1987
05-14-2009, 03:11 AM
I like the fact that the blood transfers from one fighter to the next. And I would like to see the swelling on the face kind of similar to Fight Night Round 3 but other than that I am very impressed.